PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new daily driver!

MiltownCvLx
03-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Heres the deal im a poor...broke college student. Ive been driving the Vic for almost a year and well i need something with better gas milage. So recently ive been looking at the new 2010 Ford Focus because its sharp looking and fuel efficent. I was just wondering if any member on here has had experience with the focus (good or bad) that would help me make my decision.

Thanks Mike

P.S. Im not trading in the vic because the dealers in the area arent given me anything close to a fair price for trade in value and its to nice a car to get rid of.

CBT
03-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Heres the deal im a poor...broke college student. Ive been driving the Vic for almost a year and well i need something with better gas milage. So recently ive been looking at the new 2010 Ford Focus because its sharp looking and fuel efficent. I was just wondering if any member on here has had experience with the focus (good or bad) that would help me make my decision.

Thanks Mike

P.S. Im not trading in the vic because the dealers in the area arent given me anything close to a fair price for trade in value and its to nice a car to get rid of.
If you are poor and broke, I don't see how a new car payment will help:confused:.

MiltownCvLx
03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Well i got some money saved up so i would be able to pay most of it off right away.

LeoVampire
03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Well i got some money saved up so i would be able to pay most of it off right away.

2010 Mercury Milan.

But there is a guy on here that posted pics of his new Focus in Black reciently so might want to check that thread and ask him about anything you want to know.

ctrlraven
03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
LeoVampire, you test drove your sister and loved it??!?!?? WHOA TMI!!!!!!!!!! lol

They have been getting really good ratings and I know a few people who have 2010's and are happy with them.

LeoVampire
03-05-2010, 01:17 PM
LeoVampire, you test drove your sister and loved it??!?!?? WHOA TMI!!!!!!!!!! lol

They have been getting really good ratings and I know a few people who have 2010's and are happy with them.

Never had a sister LOL!!! BUT :puke: :eek: to the idea of it thanks!!

Egon Spengler
03-05-2010, 01:58 PM
My dad has a DTR 2007 Ford Focus with the 5 speed and loves it! I have no idea why, but he loves the car!

Thanks Mike

Big Black Beast
03-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Heres the deal im a poor...broke college student....

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1624935598.html
:D

DJCV
03-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Heres the deal im a poor...broke college student. Ive been driving the Vic for almost a year and well i need something with better gas milage. ...P.S. Im not trading in the vic because the dealers in the area arent given me anything close to a fair price for trade in value and its to nice a car to get rid of.

So you want to buy an additional car, dumping into it the money you've saved and also planning to take out a new loan, and you're not interested in trading in your CV-----all so you can save a few dollars per tankful on the new car if it has better fuel economy?

Spending a dollar to save a dime does not equal good math---or money management.

Vortex
03-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Ive always figured getting a small car on credit in lieu of a paid off car that doesnt get great milage is sortof a false comparison. Assuming your CV is paid off and that you average 17 mpg (my GM gets 19 mpg in mostly city driving) and the new $20k Focus gets around 26 mpg of mixed use, how many miles would you have to drive to make up for the $20k in payments. Hundreds of thousands? If your older CV is breaking down alot thats different. Otherwise, just admit you are tired of driving the CV and want a new car. Every time Ive bought a new car it was because I was just sick of driving my old one, thats it.

bawazir
03-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Dude buy a Carolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

kmastl
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
If mpg is all you are looking for look no further. Otherwise I would stick with the vic.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1625103183.html

Blackened300a
03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
My Girlfriend has a 2010 Focus SES coupe with a automatic. She loves the car, its great on gas and has nice power with the 140hp engine. Her only complaints are the throttle by wire has a slight lag and the engine is a little buzzy. I drove it several times and its rides great for a small car.
I went a step up and bought the 2010 Fusion with the I-4. I've been very happy with it these past 3 months.

rayjay
03-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I drove a Focus ZX3 for 4 years, modded it to death and loved every minute of it. I traded it towards the Marauder. In hind sight I wish I'd kept it for a DD and winter car.

Ms. Denmark
03-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Drive your Vic into the ground and invest the money you have saved toward an expensive new car. Nothing else makes sense.:rolleyes:

LSp8
03-06-2010, 12:37 PM
If you claim to be a broke college student then buying a NEW car would not make much sense and like DJCV said
" Spending a dollar to save a dime does not equal good math---or money management"

A few of my buddies were thinking the exact same thing when we leave Afghanistan, go home and buy a new car to save gas. With all the extra money you're pouring into payments for the next couple of years you could put that towards modding the hell out of the Vic and still keep the difference for filling her up. -IMO I would go for a used Fusion I-4 or V6, quick, nice, and still good on gas and make the Vic the fun weekender.