PDA

View Full Version : New Car Show - Dallas

Vortex
03-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Went last night and checked out all the new cars. I love looking at the exotics (Lambos ect...) and the expensives (Mercedes, Audi ect...) but mainly concentrate on the cars and trucks I might actually consider buying in "real life". Unfortunately, as a "Man of Size" I am limited to certain types of vehicles myself but I like looking at them all. A few observations:

- why in the heck do most full size pickups have console shift automatics? It just takes up room and serves no real purpose. If its a truck and its an automatic, it should be on the column, it doesnt look as good but its alot more practical;

- never thought Id say this but to me the two nicest regular type cars I saw were both BUICKS!!! Agads! That new Lacross is really a jewel on the inside, it looked as good as a Jag or Lexus. I also liked the new Regal show car, the one thats only got two different 4 bangers (one is a turbo), it looked pretty damn good;

- again compared the Camaro, Challenger and Mustang; the Camaro is impossible for me to fit in with the low roof, the Challenger is very nice but I really like the new Mustang, the interior with its turned metal dash is just perfect;

- if I was in the market for a small econobox that Kia 2 door coupe thing is pretty nice (and pretty inexpensive).

- still too many SUV/Crossover things but I guess people buy em so there are plenty available. Have to say the Flex thing does look like some sort of giant Mini Cooper, and it had a great paint job with metallic Burgundy lower and a metallic silver roof (sounds gross but looked great in person). Fords new Focus replacement also had a great metallic yellow paint job.

Thats it from the Dallas Car Show, Vortex reporting....