PDA

View Full Version : New SVT Raptor

guspech750
03-08-2010, 11:58 AM
So I went to my local Ford dealer to order a part and low and behold, they had a new Raptor. Sometime ago someone posted pictures of it and I thought it was UGLY!! But after seeing it up close and personal. It is freaking COOL!! I have to give a round of applause to Ford and SVT for bringing this BEAST out.

I saw this article this afternoon. I thought it was cool. Watch out Illegals!! The Raptor is coming!!

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor wanted by U.S. Border Patrol

By: The Editor (http://www.modernoffroader.com/author/Mash/)
http://www.modernoffroader.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ford-svt-raptor-police.jpg
The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor is the go-to pickup truck now, if you are jump-happy and spend your days roasting in the desert. It now looks like the U.S. Border Patrol wants to add a few to their fleet to catch fence-jumping aliens and mustachioed drug-runners.
The Customs and Border Protection division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security reportedly wants at least ten of these offroad trucks. Pickuptrucks.com (http://pickuptrucks.com/) indicates that the government’s purchasing agents are requesting barebones work interiors instead of the fancy leather and Sync-equipped cockpits found in the consumer models. In our estimation, this change would only serve to make the Raptor even more functional. No word on whether the Feds would like to go for the 5.4L Triton V8, or the much more powerful all-new 6.2L V8.
Either way, keep your eyes peeled if you like to skip the lines at the border posts.

SC Cheesehead
03-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Fell in love with it the first time I saw a pic; way cool!

Granite
03-08-2010, 12:48 PM
i never was a pick up type of guy, but THIS would be the truck i would buy if i was in the market..hmm maybe in a couple of years...

xopher
03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I saw one of these up close at the auto show when it came through town, and I was fairly impressed. I agree with the US Border Patrol that all the bells and whistles inside are excessive. When I was flipping up the back seat, I found a huge amplifier taking up what would be excellent storage space. I would love this truck, but it looks like it has a few thousand bucks in creature comforts that are fairly unnecessary. If they're gonna dump money into audio equipment, I'd prefer a hands-free CB and/or GMRS radio built-in.

Aside from the bells and whistles, the powertrain and suspension look greatt!!

DOOM
03-08-2010, 05:37 PM
That is awesome news! :banana2:

Mr. Man
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Based on a thread here a few weeks ago about a supercharged version that was as slow as molasses in January, a non-S/C truck probably couldn't catch an illegal riding a bicycle.

LANDY
03-08-2010, 08:17 PM
i think that truck is very fugly.

Vortex
03-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Border Patrol doesnt need these new toys. Any 4x4 Tahoe can do almost the same thing for half the price (and there is room in the back for your "undocumented immigrants".)