PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question I am sure...

Egon Spengler
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I need a trunk lid for my car (tree limb fell on it) and I was just wondering if everything bolts up to a crown vic / grandmarquis trunk lid (I am assuming yes). Also, if I were to get a trunk lid at a junk yard and by some miracle I find a black one, will the black that a grandmarquis or crown vic have match the black of the marauder?

Thank you!

fastblackmerc
03-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Check your local recycle / salvage yards or a lid. Shouldn't cost much to repaint one.

Rocknthehawk
03-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes and Yes Tom. I think you'll have to swap the panel on the back though.

If you want a MARAUDER one, there's a place in southington CT that has one for $350. Color isn't listed, but it says it's in perfect condition.

A GM lid goes for around $400. There's a few places within 5 miles of me that have CV lids for around $200. Even one black one.

Paint should be a couple hundred bucks. If i had a place to do it, I'd paint it for you.

Egon Spengler
03-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks guys... once I get a couple of paychecks in, I will be looking for a lid... just had to buy two rear tires and a battery for my motorcycle, so I gotta wait a couple weeks for funds.

-Matt-
03-08-2010, 09:31 PM
None of my business, but, you dont have full coverage on it? Or Home owners insurance?

Egon Spengler
03-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Long story... and I am going to look into that, but lets just say that some people aren't too happy with me and I am affraid to call my insurance company haha

None of my business, but, you dont have full coverage on it? Or Home owners insurance?

-Matt-
03-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Hmmmm... i know if you have certain insurance coverage its included (my USAA does)

Big Black Beast
03-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Just go to a wrecking yard and buy a cheap CV or GM trunk lid and take it to any body shop with your paint code and have them spray it (inside & out). Swap Marauder parts & you're done.

FordNut
03-10-2010, 05:52 AM
If you find a CV or GM one that is black it should match just fine as is.

As for the insurance, I also wouldn't file a claim for such a small amount. Claims will make your insurance premiums go up, save it for a BIG problem.

Egon Spengler
03-10-2010, 06:11 AM
I used my insurance last february when I wiped out the whole rear end of my car on icy roads.... $7,800.00 later... I asked the body shop guy if I should claim the tree damage and he said to hold off because they would total my car if the tacked that damage onto the icy road damage.

Plus, I screwed over some kid insurance wise and his insurance company is going after mine because I stopped answering phone calls... long story...

If you find a CV or GM one that is black it should match just fine as is.

As for the insurance, I also wouldn't file a claim for such a small amount. Claims will make your insurance premiums go up, save it for a BIG problem.

stevengerard
03-10-2010, 08:20 PM
keep looking in the yards, I just found a pretty good lid with a spoiler ($250). Only thing is these lids have really really thin metal and you need to be careful that you don't dent the lids with the hinge arms as you install it, I found two rubber stoppers in my old lid that I think came off the arms, and I think they may need to go back in to prevent the arms from denting the lid - does anyone know for sure, the new lid seems to have a little impression sticking out now where the end of the hinge arm is. Oh well, beats the broken spoiler dented hood look.

bob6364
03-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Is the rear panel ok?

Egon Spengler
03-10-2010, 08:41 PM
yeah. just need the trunk lid is all... Tree hit the top of the lid and put a few ugly dents in her!

Is the rear panel ok?

bob6364
03-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I have one here that has very minor dents ...maybe better then yours and the price is right...free.Let me check it again before we go any further tho.

Egon Spengler
03-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Well I am always interested in free! haha... but let me know either way!

I have one here that has very minor dents ...maybe better then yours and the price is right...free.Let me check it again before we go any further tho.

CBT
03-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks guys... once I get a couple of paychecks in, I will be looking for a lid... just had to buy two rear tires and a battery for my motorcycle, so I gotta wait a couple weeks for funds.

Damn dude, how big is your motorcyle that it needs two back tires?

Egon Spengler
03-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Two rears for the marauder and a battery for the bike....

Damn dude, how big is your motorcyle that it needs two back tires?