PDA

View Full Version : avatar

zr271cuda
03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
How come my avatar doesn't work in my posts but I can see it in my profile? Am I doing something wrong?

MM03MOK
03-08-2010, 08:56 PM
How come my avatar doesn't work in my posts but I can see it in my profile? Am I doing something wrong?
What you're seeing in your profile is your profile picture. The avatar shows up in the "mini statistics" box on the right side of the profile.

zr271cuda
03-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Ah got it! thanks, kinda new to the forum world.

MM03MOK
03-08-2010, 09:02 PM
:welcome: !!!

-Matt-
03-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Your an Ohio cop?

Spectragod
03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Your an Ohio cop?

I would Imagine that's what the thin blue line is about. There seem to be a few Ohio cops here.:D

-Matt-
03-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I would Imagine that's what the thin blue line is about. There seem to be a few Ohio cops here.:D

Duh, I know about the TBL.... but i wanted to make sure HE knew...

Your a cop too?

(damn spies) ;)

Spectragod
03-08-2010, 09:14 PM
A lot of people don't know what it is.......

Of course I am, isn't everyone?:confused:

Spies...... I'm more worried about alien abductions.:D
(now where's that aluminum foil?)

-Matt-
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
A lot of people don't know what it is.......

(Flame suit on)

I know what it is because i have it on all of my cars (yeah im THAT GUY you hate cause they abuse your symbol) But it gets me out of tickets, as well as my radar detector and ladar (laser) shifter. :)

I do have lots of respect for LEO's and Ive never been on the bad side of one in my life (mostly due to my respect and attitude towards them if or when i encounter them)

Its amazing what people dont realize that they do in a traffic stop that worries LEO's. For instance, shuffling in pockets or glove box (most weapon kept area) while a LEO is approaching their vehicle. Now what i do is pull over, put on hazards, turn off car and put both hands on top of the steering wheel right away. When they approach my window i ask for permission to reach into my pocket for my wallet and my glove box for my paperwork. Its amazing how far those simple actions reflect how the interaction will continue to go on for the rest of the time dealing with that LEO.

Matt

zr271cuda
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Yes I am, right now its just an auxiliary position in a small village but I have to start somewhere:rolleyes:. I decided to change my career in a very nasty economy so jobs a hard to come by. I graduated the academy in Nov 2009.

-Matt-
03-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Yes I am, right now its just an auxiliary position in a small village but I have to start somewhere:rolleyes:. I decided to change my career in a very nasty economy so jobs a hard to come by. I graduated the academy in Nov 2009.

Congrats on the graduation! I hope to never see you in Ohio. Lol :)

Pat
03-09-2010, 06:59 AM
And here I thought it meant Ohio was a "Blue" state.

Egon Spengler
03-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Geez... These cops can't even figure out how to make an avatar fit correctly. No wonder why firemen get more praise than cops!

Just kidding bud! I am just busting your juevos.

WELCOME TO THE SITE!

MM03MOK
03-09-2010, 07:35 AM
You're busting his eggs? :dunno: Scrambled or fried. :D

Egon Spengler
03-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Yes, the two eggs in the nest haha

You're busting his eggs? :dunno: Scrambled or fried. :D

Spectragod
03-09-2010, 09:15 AM
(Flame suit on)

I know what it is because i have it on all of my cars (yeah im THAT GUY you hate cause they abuse your symbol) But it gets me out of tickets
Matt

In Ohio, if you were stopped, and had that emblem or an FOP emblem, without credentials to go with it, you may potentially be looking at a citation for unlawful display of a law enforcement emblem, a MM here, but you mileage may vary.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other, I have never wrote anyone for anything I myself would have done. :beer:

Besides the fact that you would be driving a Marauder, that in itself is enough reason to "look the other way". :cool:

zr271cuda
03-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Myself I display it to honor the fallen officers. I'm new to the police world but have wanted to be one as long as I can remember, things just didn't plan out the way I wanted that's why I started so late in life.
Police get a bad rap for what they do and sometimes people forget who is sticking their necks out to keep our communities safe. I'm not just saying this because I am a cop and want the praise I have always felt this way. Same goes for the soldiers fighting for our freedom overseas. Whether u agree with the fighting or not I don't care, we should always support them.

-Matt-
03-09-2010, 04:14 PM
In Ohio, if you were stopped, and had that emblem or an FOP emblem, without credentials to go with it, you may potentially be looking at a citation for unlawful display of a law enforcement emblem, a MM here, but you mileage may vary.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other, I have never wrote anyone for anything I myself would have done. :beer:

Besides the fact that you would be driving a Marauder, that in itself is enough reason to "look the other way". :cool:

FOP members can give said emblem to family right? There would be no proof of otherwise, so....

And i dont believe its a OFFICAL LEO emblem, but i respect it non-the-less

Spectragod
03-09-2010, 08:14 PM
FOP members can give said emblem to family right? There would be no proof of otherwise, so....

And i dont believe its a OFFICAL LEO emblem, but i respect it non-the-less

Yes sort of....the vehicle will need to be licensed in the FOP members name, you also get an ID card with your name and a number that matches the number on the FOP emblem.

As far as an "official" emblem, that may be up to the courts. In order to purchase any type of identifier from Thin Blue Line, you need a police ID and it has to be shipped to your police department, I would say that based on those terms of delivery, the manufactrer believes it to be official.

All you would have to do is come across someone who doesn't take kindly to you displaying what would be conceived as a law enforcement emblem, as you said, you put it on your cars to beat a ticket, because it is an emblem associated with law enforcement. You may beat the charge, but may take the ride, just FYI.

There are other reasons LEO's put these idenifiers on their vehicles than to just try and beat a ticket.

-Matt-
03-09-2010, 08:21 PM
There are other reasons LEO's put these idenifiers on their vehicles than to just try and beat a ticket.

Lol, i know that.... im just stating my reasons. Ive had LEO's tail me for a little and then just back off. (cant prove its the sticker, but i dont have many doubts)

In order to purchase any type of identifier from Thin Blue Line, you need a police ID and it has to be shipped to your police department, I would say that based on those terms of delivery, the manufactrer believes it to be official.

Not that hard. :rolleyes:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=thin+blue+line+decal&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Spectragod
03-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Lol, i know that.... im just stating my reasons. Ive had LEO's tail me for a little and then just back off. (cant prove its the sticker, but i dont have many doubts)

Not that hard. :rolleyes:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=thin+blue+line+decal&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Yep, and when the officer walks up to your window and asks who the sticker belongs to...... you can make something up, but you know, it can end bad.

The last FOP emblem I stopped, the car belonged to dad, when I called him, he wasn't aware of how his kid was driving his car and said he would rectify his kids "driving skills", just a word of advice. Some of us do check the ownership of said emblems.

-Matt-
03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
So im not allowed to have a sticker on my car thats available to buy on Ebay? Lol

Thats like saying i cant have "police interceptor" on my CVPI because it says police in it and i may be mistaken for a cop. :rolleyes:

CBT
03-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Thats like saying i cant have "police interceptor" on my CVPI because it says police in it and i may be mistaken for a cop. :rolleyes:
Only when The Village People are in town.

Haggis
03-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Only when The Village People are in town.

That makes you the Sailor boy, squid.

Spectragod
03-10-2010, 07:38 PM
So im not allowed to have a sticker on my car thats available to buy on Ebay? Lol

Uhhhh, you can have anything you like. I was just offering a little potentially helpful advice.

A little more advice.... just because it's in Ebay, that doesn't necessarily make it OK to use. Possessing it is one thing, using in in a manner to potentially pass yourself off as a LEO or LEO's family is something else.

And you could put a police interceptor emblem on your car, you may as well paint it purple and put yellow 26" wheels on it too.:D

-Matt-
03-10-2010, 07:53 PM
And you could put a police interceptor emblem on your car, you may as well paint it purple and put yellow 26" wheels on it too.:D

In my post i mentioned that its on my CVPI.... which, came with it from the factory :rolleyes:

I totally understand why i "could" get in trouble, but i dont think that it would hold up in court either way.

Spectragod
03-10-2010, 07:58 PM
In my post i mentioned that its on my CVPI.... which, came with it from the factory :rolleyes:

I totally understand why i "could" get in trouble, but i dont think that it would hold up in court either way.

I most likely would not hold up in court, but, if you got to that stage in the game, that would have meant you got a summons/arrested, got an attorney etc., etc.. A lot of B.S. and..... think of the mods you could have done with that $$$.

There are LE's out there that will write their own wife's (I know one who did BTW), so use your best judgement. Maybe things are a little "looser" where your at. Ohio is..... well, Ohio. :rolleyes: