PDA

View Full Version : Employment awaits me!!!

SVT_MERC
03-09-2010, 11:12 AM
As of yesterday afternoon I accepted a job offer with Honda of Fort Myers and will be working for Claude (carfixer).
It has been tough, the last year and a half, being out of work and on unemployment and then deciding at 26 to go back to school @ WyoTech.
I start on Thursday and am excited and nervous at the same time, but can't wait to finally say that I have not a job, but a career!!! Now to start saving for the Marauder!!! :beer: :banana2: :beer: :banana2: :beer:

Egon Spengler
03-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Congrats man... I was out for over 5 months and landed a job with a great company myself! Hopefully this economy is finally on an upswing! Good luck with your new job!

LIGHTNIN1
03-09-2010, 11:15 AM
:congrats: I know you are Happy. Sounds like you have life by the handle. Good luck.

CBT
03-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Sweet! I'm still stunned at the college costs:eek: but looks like it is paying off so to speak:beer:

Haggis
03-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Sweet! I'm still stunned at the college costs:eek: but looks like it is paying off so to speak:beer:

Yeah, your teacher is a perv.

FordNut
03-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Congratulations. Education opens the doors, but networking is commonly what lands the job. Claude is a great guy, glad he could help you out.

Egon Spengler
03-09-2010, 12:46 PM
This is an incredible statement... so true!

Also, "Its not how qualified you are, but who you know"

Education opens the doors, but networking is commonly what lands the job.

jgc61sr2002
03-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Congrats and Good Luck.:D

jdando
03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Congratulations! Always good to hear about people getting jobs!

Ladyhawke
03-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Congrats and best of luck with the new job.

Kennyrauder
03-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Just try to be the best that you can be. No shortcuts & make sure you are proud of everything you can do. Good Luck Young Man.!!!!!!!!!!!!

chapel1
03-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Congratulations!!! And best wishes, take it a day at a time my friend!!!

Big Black Beast
03-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Lol! Sounds like you "Maraudered" your way into a job.
Anyway, congrats. I've been lucky and survived to downturn while watching ALOT of my co-workers get laid off. And I'm still trying to get caught up financially, then tax time comes, so I have to pay more there (don't get me started)...and I've been working. It must have been really stressful to be unemployed for so long. I know, I've been there before, to the point where you just take ANYTHING. Sounds like you got a good thing. Good luck.

RoyLPita
03-10-2010, 06:30 AM
:congrats: I hope that you stick with it and move up the ladder. If you do, you should have your MM in no time.

ckadiddle
03-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Congratulations!

SVT_MERC
03-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks! Worked a couple days last week, this is my full first week.

So far so good!!!

ntd
03-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Good for you I remember the day I graduated from UTI and I started at the dealership I work at now and have moved up the ladder to trans technician. Make friends with the drive and trans guys, learns as much as possible. Those are the money positions nowadays but don't become so specialized you forget the basics. Pay off the school loans and buy your tools before you get the toys. Just my 2 cents

twin03
03-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Congrats bro....

Got_1
03-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Good for you I remember the day I graduated from UTI and I started at the dealership I work at now and have moved up the ladder to trans technician. Make friends with the drive and trans guys, learns as much as possible. Those are the money positions nowadays but don't become so specialized you forget the basics. Pay off the school loans and buy your tools before you get the toys. Just my 2 cents

driveline is good BUT electrical is better!:poke: :D

what isn't electronically controlled anymore??!!

LeoVampire
03-27-2010, 04:28 PM

+1 on tools and loans then toys Make yourself a valuable employee first and show your dedication by expanding your tools first.

But glad your doing well so far and are happy!

SVT_MERC
03-27-2010, 05:57 PM
I do need to ge tme a vic or marquis soon... this suburban getting 11.5 MPG really blows!!!

Work has been fine so far, getting along with everyone so far! They provide us lunch on Saturdays too, so thats really cool. I'm just glad that I was fortunate enough to happen to send Claude a message and end up with a job a week later. I was down to 3 weeks unemployment left and no job prospects.

Back in school, I seemed to have a knack for electrical, so I think that is where I would like to be headed ideally. Drive train was the most difficult for me although I still passes with a 90 in the class.