PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Prius

guspech750
03-09-2010, 09:04 PM
If you are currious about what Prius owners are thinking and saying, check out the Prius Forum. I did.

http://priuschat.com/

http://www.priusonline.com/

Big Black Beast
03-09-2010, 09:08 PM
If you want a hybrid, buy a Fusion or Milan. The Prius sucks, even when it's working "correctly".

LANDY
03-09-2010, 09:49 PM
no hybrid around here, give me a deisel Volkswagen for a car, or a Duramax for a truck.

justbob
03-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Tempting to become a member to stir up the pot MUHAHAHAHA

CBT
03-10-2010, 06:17 AM
Maybe if I ever lose my man-parts in a tragic accident and have nothing else to live for, I will log onto a Prius forum.

crabby125
03-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Tempting to become a member to stir up the pot MUHAHAHAHA

I was thinking the same.. See if they have Prius meets and do a Panther meet at the same time and place and start doing burnouts or just idle the engine for no reason to piss them off.

Green96
03-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't know if they still are, but my understanding is that Ford was buying their hybrid system from Toyota. The first year hybrid Escape had Toyota hardware with Ford software. The Ford software was supposedly not very good so they began buying the entire system including software from Toyota. At this point I do not know if Ford ever developed their own system or continue to buy it from Toyota.

If they are still buying it, how long until we see runaway Fusions?

LSp8
03-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Hahahaha runaway Fusions, I don't think Ford would be dumb enough to use EVERYTHING from Toyota to develop a hybrid system.

justbob
03-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I thought I read somewhere the part that is failing on the Toyotas is indeed the same exact part, from the same exact supplier on the Fords over seas that is also having issues, although not nearly as bad. I also heard that part is manufactured in the US, but doesn't mean the specs for it weren't generated from china.

Blackened300a
03-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I was thinking the same.. See if they have Prius meets and do a Panther meet at the same time and place and start doing burnouts or just idle the engine for no reason to piss them off.

I was so thinking the same thing. Maybe we'll have someone on a SUV forum arrange a meet by them as well and we'll have a burnout contest.

MrBluGruv
03-11-2010, 11:16 AM
from everything I've read, it isn't the hardware failure part that's making the Toyotas go nuts, it's the poor coding on the software end that interprets the failure of the hardware and makes the car go nuts. Consequently, I've heard that the American manufacturers built in a better failsafe on the drive-by-wire system so that if the hardware sensors fail, the car will not go hard acceleration.