PDA

View Full Version : Almost lost a MM today

Mote
03-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Mine! Waaaaay too close. I was traveling south on 35E in the "Exit Only" lane. I had been driving at the posted speed limit and was now a couple hundred feet from the actual exit ramp. I see a car to my left, 1/2 car ahead (laterally we overlapped) changing lanes. They were 2 lanes to my left. They changed both lanes onto the exit ramp in one motion. As soon as they touched the white line I mashed on the brakes, and moved to the right. No room there! The shoulder tapers into the guard rail there! They *just* cleared me - They were in the middle of the exit ramp - Must not have seen my giant car with it's headlights on... I'm not sure just how close I got to the guard rail, but they looked to be at most 2 feet from the Marauder. I got out at the top of the exit and looked the car over just in we scuffed and I was unawares. No damage. They were ahead at the stop light. I wrote down the licence plate ID. The Marauder did its job. Never fishtailed, the brakes worked - And still do! Adrenaline is fun until it wears off. Now I feel kinda hung over.