PDA

View Full Version : TireRack

Mr. Man
03-13-2010, 04:11 PM
I see they are a sponsor on the log in page but not on the forums page. Anybody know the skinny?

MM03MOK
03-13-2010, 04:31 PM
I see they are a sponsor on the log in page but not on the forums page. Anybody know the skinny?
They are part of a national website advertising program and donate a small portion of sales to the website if you use the link. There are hundreds of other companies out there but few relate to our interests. Some websites are overload with such advertising but we felt that was not necessary.

DOOM
03-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Looking for new tires eh? :burnout:

Mr. Man
03-13-2010, 04:44 PM
They are part of a national website advertising program and donate a small portion of sales to the website if you use the link. There are hundreds of other companies out there but few relate to our interests. Some websites are overload with such advertising but we felt that was not necessary.
Gotcha. Glad this site isn't overloaded with sponsorship that loads with each page. One of my Titan sites is like that so I rarely use it. :)

Mr. Man
03-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Looking for new tires eh? :burnout:
Not yet but I did notice the center rib on the BFG's is wearing down. I'd really like to put Michelin PS2's all the way around but they don't make a rear that fits the ratio. I'm hoping now that the Camaro has the same size tire we might get a few more choices out there.:)

SC Cheesehead
03-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Not yet but I did notice the center rib on the BFG's is wearing down. I'd really like to put Michelin PS2's all the way around but they don't make a rear that fits the ratio. I'm hoping now that the Camaro has the same size tire we might get a few more choices out there.:)

Just go with your favorite aftermarket in 255.55/18's on the read and dump the BFGs.

Mr. Man
03-13-2010, 05:00 PM
[quote=SC Cheesehead;879025]Just go with your favorite aftermarket in 255.55/18's on the read and dump the BFGs.[/quote

I think I will use other than BFG's but my top pick isn't available in the aspect ratio needed to keep me in TC happyland. I should be able to squeak out 2010 with what I've got and we'll see what 2011 brings.

ctrlraven
03-14-2010, 12:26 AM
I've always used tire rack to get my tires since one of their main warehouses is in DE and with UPS ground shipping you can have them in one day (next day if ordered before 3pm EST) which you can't beat.

Mr. Man
03-15-2010, 02:13 PM
If I understand what Mary said if we order our tires using the TireRack link on the log-in page MM.net gets $$$$. We should get the word out about this. TireRack has the lowest prices I've found and if members need tires anyways why not use the link if they can. All that extra $$$$ could add up to more nice prizes for me....I mean for MM.net meets.

Juice
03-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Sorry to but in, but I'll be in the market for new tires soon... I checked out the Tire Rack site and it looks like they only have 1 set of tires that fits our car? LINK (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireInde x=0&autoMake=Mercury&autoYear=2004&autoModel=Marauder&autoModClar=&frontWidth=235/&frontRatio=50&frontDiameter=18&frontSortCode=53900&rearWidth=245/&rearRatio=55&rearDiameter=18&rearSortCode=54052&tab=OE&filterType=oe)

Am I missing something?

Mr. Man
03-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Sorry to but in, but I'll be in the market for new tires soon... I checked out the Tire Rack site and it looks like they only have 1 set of tires that fits our car? LINK (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireInde x=0&autoMake=Mercury&autoYear=2004&autoModel=Marauder&autoModClar=&frontWidth=235/&frontRatio=50&frontDiameter=18&frontSortCode=53900&rearWidth=245/&rearRatio=55&rearDiameter=18&rearSortCode=54052&tab=OE&filterType=oe)

Am I missing something?

They only list the BFG's as replacements for all four wheels. A lot of members move up a size or two on the rears to like 255's etc. Tirerack doesn't list other sizes as stock. For the 235's up front there are a lot of choices. Try using the tire size locator option and you should get more options.

Juice
03-16-2010, 03:04 AM
Ah, cool. Thanks.

CBT
03-16-2010, 04:11 AM
Gotcha. Glad this site isn't overloaded with sponsorship that loads with each page. One of my Titan sites is like that so I rarely use it. :)

They have a site for those?

DOOM
03-16-2010, 07:58 PM
If I understand what Mary said if we order our tires using the TireRack link on the log-in page MM.net gets $$$$. We should get the word out about this. TireRack has the lowest prices I've found and if members need tires anyways why not use the link if they can. All that extra $$$$ could add up to more nice prizes for me....I mean for MM.net meets.

I have ordered 3 sets of eagle F1 GS-D3's from them in less than 2 years!

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

guspech750
03-16-2010, 08:08 PM
A funny thing that makes me laugh is when I go on to the GTO forum and they too have adds. The one that gets me is the Ford Mustang adds!! On a GM forum. Cracks me up. I even brought it up once and they told to cut it out.

Mr. Man
03-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I have ordered 3 sets of eagle F1 GS-D3's from them in less than 2 years!

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Did you use the link from the log in page or did you just go straight to their site?

DOOM
03-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Did you use the link from the log in page or did you just go straight to their site?

Used the link from here!

SWOOSH
03-17-2010, 02:30 AM

I see you are a fan of the Michelin PS2's also, great tire!!!:)

Mr. Man
03-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Used the link from here!
Awesome Doomie:bows: that means more presents for me....I mean us:lol:

Mr. Man
03-17-2010, 10:54 AM
I see you are a fan of the Michelin PS2's also, great tire!!!:)
I would love to use these on all 4 corners, but unfortunatly there is no tire size for the rear.