PDA

View Full Version : another marauder damaged

JimP
03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Took my car out of storage the other day, drove it home after a quick inspection, other than dust it was fine, it's dirty in the picture but it is blue.

Next day I wake up to find it scratched. The whole drivers side was damaged, some spots down to the metal.

I have issues with teens cutting through my yard and hopping the fence so they don't have to walk around the block, imagine having to use your legs. Not sure if it was them but it happened at home. Either way this won't buff out. It's going in on Wednesday to get fixed. I'm just glad my GN was still in storage I wouldn't have wanted to fix two cars.:bigcry:

WTF is wrong with people.

2003 Blue MM

Speed
03-22-2010, 02:52 PM
That really sucks. How tall is your fence? Maybe installing a 6ft fence would help, better yet get a big dog.

guspech750
03-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Put a bunch of 2X4's with 8 inch nails sticking out of them and line them up along your fence. That will stop the duech bags.

Sorry about your MM.

LeoVampire
03-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Man I am sorry!

There is no reason to go out of your way to damage someone elses property like that!

:shake:

bawazir
03-22-2010, 02:58 PM
YOU DRIVE WHAT?!!! A GRAND NATIONAL!. I LOVE THOSE G BODY CAR'S. pOst soME pics :D
and sorry to hear about your car.

ctrlraven
03-22-2010, 03:44 PM
That sucks! I also see you are running 235/50-18 (front size tires) on the rears lol.

bob6364
03-22-2010, 03:50 PM
We had the same problem here a 6 foot fence nipped it in the bud....I hear the kids walking the fence but cant see them and they don't leave trash on my property no more...

justbob
03-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Man, what is wrong with people! Sorry for your loss.

DOOM
03-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Sorry to hear this!

I would be pissed!!! :mad2:

Mike
03-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Sorry to hear about BLUE :mad2:

JimP
03-22-2010, 06:14 PM
That sucks! I also see you are running 235/50-18 (front size tires) on the rears lol.

I put them on temporarily, I had a new pair of these. They will go on the front once my Hankook's get here. I demolished the OEM 245's when I got the car. Before putting the car away, I did new brakes all around, performance frictions, changed all fluids etc...

Spoke to my neighbor about the punks cutting through our yards. He needs to keep his gate closed and let his dog out more. For the time being I'll be parking both my nice rides at my parents place. It's a two minute walk from my place. This happened at a rental property I own. I am living here until my new place is ready at the end of May. I'll have a double car garage once again so looking forward to that.

I'll put up pics once the driver's side gets painted and car is cleaned up.

For BAWAZIR, here are some pics of the G-Body.

Marauder_Santa
03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Sucks the big wazu dude! Get a big dog.

Black_Noise
03-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Go vietnam on thier ass.... Take 2x4s make a small box about the size of a shoebox, nail some nails through it and smack them down slightly so you can step in, but if you try to pull your foot out the nail dig in deeper (like a messed up chinese finger trap!) then piss in it for a couple days, then lay in the yard where they cut through.

Hey it may be overkill, and I may just be pissed off at the human race more than I used too, but its an idea.

CBT
03-22-2010, 06:49 PM
A moment of silence for our injured blue brother....

Took my car out of storage the other day, drove it home after a quick inspection, other than dust it was fine, it's dirty in the picture but it is blue.

Next day I wake up to find it scratched. The whole drivers side was damaged, some spots down to the metal.

WTF is wrong with people.

2003 Blue MM

281MERC
03-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Go vietnam on thier ass.... Take 2x4s make a small box about the size of a shoebox, nail some nails through it and smack them down slightly so you can step in, but if you try to pull your foot out the nail dig in deeper (like a messed up chinese finger trap!) then piss in it for a couple days, then lay in the yard where they cut through.

LMAO!!! thats too bad jim, hope your deductible is low, fired mine up for the first time this year too:D your GN looks great. 10s??????:eek: hope i see it at the Carleton racetrack this summer

stevengerard
03-22-2010, 07:26 PM
bummer, but who knows how it really happened, it almost looks like someone was riding a bike next to it and got too close. That happened to my car one time, kid got scared by a car driving to close to him and ended up hitting my car - I saw the whole thing - I blamed the adult driving the car not the kid.

Kennyrauder
03-22-2010, 07:27 PM
I feel for you. The Grand National leaves me with BITTER memories. I bought an 87 brand new. $6000.00 in warranty... we parted. The last GM I ever owned... what a piece of automotive GARBAGE.

Big Black Beast
03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Razor wire.

Egon Spengler
03-23-2010, 01:08 PM
I got one of those scratches too! Douchebag kids in the neighborhood decided to drag a key down the front door and fender when it was parked on the street last summer... I wish I knew who did it... I would love to ring their necks!

lastdaze04
03-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your MM. Maybe they thought it was a COP car, and decided to take it out on your car. WE know how kids these days view authority.
Love that GN. Whoops,,,,,,,.... I slobbered :beer:.
Rick

PurdueRifleman
03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
A few weeks after I bought my marauder, I waxed it and drove it down to Madison, IN to DD for a friend's bachelor party. While passing through the small town of North Vernon, I stopped to use the restroom at a gas station. I was in there for no more than 5min and when I came out, some racist (and likely inbred) pos had smeared "N***** Lover" on my door with their grubby hands. It was surprisingly difficult to remove.

Seriously, what gets in to some people?

Gryphonzus
03-24-2010, 07:33 AM
JEALOUSY!! They don't have an awesome car like ours so they take it out on the car.

Dark_Knight7096
03-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Sucks about your car man :( all i can think of this pulp fiction dialogue

also, sexy G-body man, I plan to add a GN to my stable sometime in the next 5-6 years or so.

Taemian
03-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear about this, it sucks. Razor wire around your fence!

JimP
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
I feel for you. The Grand National leaves me with BITTER memories. I bought an 87 brand new. $6000.00 in warranty... we parted. The last GM I ever owned... what a piece of automotive GARBAGE.

The GN has been a love hate relationship at times, but only recently when trying to locate some electronic components. I have had the car 20 years and have had very few things go wrong with it. the A/C and cruise even still work. The r-12 system has never been opened up, still cold. I do have lots of $$$ into it mod wise, turbo, front mount intercooler, transmission, suspension, alky kit, heads the list goes on. I have pounded this car on a regular basis for twenty years and it has held together quite well. It just turned over 50,000 miles. We get lots of snow here so it's in storage for 6 months at a time.

I can't wait to get the MM back, brought it to the body shop today. It's a good reputable shop, I'll post pics of it when I get it back and have my new rubber on as well.

The best car I ever owned reliability wise has been my 88 Mustang GT, it never broke.

NOMARQUIS
03-24-2010, 04:08 PM
String up fishing line. I have trouble with the a-hole kids in my neighborhood as well. The parents are no better. I'm a younger version of Walt in Grand Torino. My cars are always clean, my home/ yard is well kept. I yell at people who use my yard as a public sidewalk. Then the brats ding-dong ditch me. Who would have thought we would be the victims on our own property. Nobody has respect for anything anymore. Sorry about your car.

LeoVampire
03-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Is it something where they can just clean up the clear coat or is it down to the paint?

Our old landlord had let his not too bright son mow the lawn and when the marauder was out front he slightly cliped it with the lawn mower handle instead of asking me to move her.

But it was surface clear coat damage and got it buffed out okay.