PDA

View Full Version : Rain Visors for windows...

Egon Spengler
03-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Hey Guys,
I have the rain guards that apply onto the chrome strip around the windows and the wind gets under them and peels them off. I have noticed that some of you guys have the visors that apply inside the track of the windows. Where can I get those?

Thanks!

Egon Spengler
03-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Nobody knows?

J-MAN
03-23-2010, 07:20 AM
weathertech online

Egon Spengler
03-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Thank you sir. Ordered

weathertech online

CBT
03-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Thank you sir. Ordered

I'm following your lead (scary, huh?!) and ordering some today. Mine are the 'taped to the outside' type. I'm going to the 'fits in the window rail' type, that way I can use my trim-brite blackout tape someone here gave me months ago:beer:

Egon Spengler
03-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Precisely! That is exactly what I am doing... I have had two sets of the exterior mount ones and they keep peeling off so I am going with the and they kind of damaged the trim, so I am going to do the tape mod as well

I'm following your lead (scary, huh?!) and ordering some today. Mine are the 'taped to the outside' type. I'm going to the 'fits in the window rail' type, that way I can use my trim-brite blackout tape someone here gave me months ago:beer:

ctrlraven
03-23-2010, 08:05 AM
I've never liked "in-channel" window guards. I just bought new 3M double sided tape and fixed one of mine that were flapping in the wind.

CBT
03-23-2010, 08:06 AM
I've never liked "in-channel" window guards. I just bought new 3M double sided tape and fixed one of mine that were flapping in the wind.
Frack. If the in channels flap in the wind, it kind of defeats the purpose of getting them.

fastblackmerc
03-23-2010, 08:09 AM

I've had my in channel visors for over 4 years, no problems. Just installed a set on the wife's 2007 Charger R/T.

Egon Spengler
03-23-2010, 08:11 AM
I've had them before on my ranger and LOVED them... YOu shouldn't have a problem if installed correctly... Plus they look so much better!!!

Frack. If the in channels flap in the wind, it kind of defeats the purpose of getting them.

justbob
03-23-2010, 08:26 AM
I would except nothing less than my weathertechs. LOVE THEM.

CBT
03-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Well if tj and jbob vouch for them, i'm switching.

Egon Spengler
03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
That's what he said!

Well if tj and jbob vouch for them, i'm switching.

LeoVampire
03-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Bought them the first year I bought the Marauder. I just had to file down the inner edge a little on the rear one's so the window would not catch them each time it went up.

I just did an angle file and removed minimal amount of plastic to solve the problem. Other than that no problems of complaints.

88LTDCV351
03-23-2010, 01:10 PM
How does the universal cargo mat from weathertech work? Does it just get cut to fit in the lower level of our trunks?

I'd be interested in one for the old Crown Vic since I got a lot of parts, tools, fluids, an extra rim, and junk flying around back there. I don't carry as much stuff in the trunk of the Marauder.

But I wouldn't want to buy one and find out that its not really for our cars with the deeper trunk and the upper level. I'd imagine its only for a cut out of the deeper level. Wish they showed a picture of how it would lay in a sedan trunk.

Master
03-23-2010, 01:13 PM
I like the OEM Mercury units as they are very flush to the car. I also like that they cover the chrome. I added black-out tape to the remainder of the chrome between the doors and it looks pretty good. The driver's side unit did pop off yesterday, though, so I guess I'm going to need more 3M.

Egon Spengler
03-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Where do I get this blackout tape that everyone speaks of?

RoyLPita
03-23-2010, 05:19 PM
What PoppaJ said. I've had mine on 4 cars already.

gdmjoe
03-23-2010, 06:05 PM
tjmorin82 - Where do I get this blackout tape that everyone speaks of?
Side Window Trim Black-Out (http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=515615&site_id=1#import) <<<<< -click-

Results ..... ( installed in 2003, pic' taken 2009 )

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3827/2241/22066120184_large.jpg

CBT
03-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Where do I get this blackout tape that everyone speaks of?

I asked that same question, and a brother on here hooked me up with a roll, and didn't even want the cost of sending it :beer:

Egon Spengler
03-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Thank you Joe! I will look into it at CarQuest.

fastblackmerc
03-23-2010, 07:15 PM
How does the universal cargo mat from weathertech work? Does it just get cut to fit in the lower level of our trunks?

I'd be interested in one for the old Crown Vic since I got a lot of parts, tools, fluids, an extra rim, and junk flying around back there. I don't carry as much stuff in the trunk of the Marauder.

But I wouldn't want to buy one and find out that its not really for our cars with the deeper trunk and the upper level. I'd imagine its only for a cut out of the deeper level. Wish they showed a picture of how it would lay in a sedan trunk.
Get a trunk organizer.

justbob
03-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Bought them the first year I bought the Marauder. I just had to file down the inner edge a little on the rear one's so the window would not catch them each time it went up.

I just did an angle file and removed minimal amount of plastic to solve the problem. Other than that no problems of complaints.
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to mention that my rear ones do infact catch on the window slightly when rolling the window. Not a biggie by ne means.

I just really don't like the all black look, I can't see covering some of the chrome with other brands of vents, looks weird and not to be what i'd call a good fit or look. And the thought of "taping" my chrome seems downright redneckish.

CBT
03-23-2010, 07:33 PM
And the thought of "taping" my chrome seems downright redneckish.
That's racist!!

justbob
03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
It's just not for everyone is all, just like window vents. And really I can't judge untill I see one in person, it just never sounded right.

So, I take back my comment towards rednecks, because that wasn't right. If you live in the hills, I will treat you well, and respect your wishes and start calling you hillbilly, backwards, lovin your sister, buck tooth, road kill eatin, down yonder, here's your sign, squeal like a pig, good ole boys. Better?:D

BTW, I am no stranger to Tennessee:P

LeoVampire
03-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to mention that my rear ones do infact catch on the window slightly when rolling the window. Not a biggie by ne means.

I just really don't like the all black look, I can't see covering some of the chrome with other brands of vents, looks weird and not to be what i'd call a good fit or look. And the thought of "taping" my chrome seems downright redneckish.

The motor and or regulator can be damged over time with that happening that is why I filed it down a bit to avoid that situation and added future cost.

Egon Spengler
03-24-2010, 05:23 AM
This is too ironic... I ordered the visors yesterday and noticed the driver's side front one not really sticking very well on my way home from work yesterday. Well today I am driving to work doing about 45 and it peeled back about a foot and was flapping in the wind, so I rolled down the window and ripped it off! The new ones can't come soon enough! haha

RoyLPita
03-24-2010, 05:32 AM
The motor and or regulator can be damged over time with that happening that is why I filed it down a bit to avoid that situation and added future cost.

I've had no trouble with my window motors or regulators with my Weatherflectors.

CBT
03-24-2010, 05:33 AM
It's just not for everyone is all, just like window vents. And really I can't judge untill I see one in person, it just never sounded right.

So, I take back my comment towards rednecks, because that wasn't right. If you live in the hills, I will treat you well, and respect your wishes and start calling you hillbilly, backwards, lovin your sister, buck tooth, road kill eatin, down yonder, here's your sign, squeal like a pig, good ole boys. Better?:D

BTW, I am no stranger to Tennessee:P

That's regionally racist!!

88LTDCV351
03-24-2010, 08:28 AM
I hadn't thought about getting a trunk organizer for the 1988 Crown Vic. Don't know that they make one. If its anything like the one I have for the Marauder, I wouldn't be able to sit my fluids upright. Either way just need something to keep the occasional spilt fluids, oil change container, and junk from tearing up and staining the carpet.

So, there are OEM accessory window rain visors for our cars? I think I'm goint to go with this Weathertech aftermarket since most seem to have had a good experience with them.

LeoVampire
03-24-2010, 08:45 AM
I've had no trouble with my window motors or regulators with my Weatherflectors.

I did not like the fact I could easily hear the window CATCH the deflector every time I put it back up on the rear doors.

So I figured filing them down a bit was the best idea to avoid a problem. The front one's are fine it was just the rears that got caught from time to time.

fastblackmerc
03-24-2010, 08:45 AM

I had no issues with in the channel visors / rain deflectors causing damage to window motors or regulators. I have them installed on my '04 Marauder & '07 Charger. Have had them installed on a 1997 T-Bird, 1995 Chrysler Concorde & 1987 T-Bird... all with no window problems. BTW.. all these cars had over 100K when traded in or sold.

Egon Spengler
03-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Either way, it isn't that bad of an idea to file them down a little... I don't have the patience, so mine will get slammed in there with hopes that it doesn't peel the tint back

sd8683
03-24-2010, 10:52 AM

:up:...........

Egon Spengler
03-29-2010, 06:12 AM
I got my weathertech rain guards, but am waiting till after the windows get tinted this week to put them on...

Question though... These things don't adhere anywhere? They just slide up into the window and sit there? It looks like the back ones have double sided tape on the corners, but other than that, the front ones do not have any tape on them.

J D
03-29-2010, 09:32 AM
I got my weathertech rain guards, but am waiting till after the windows get tinted this week to put them on...

Question though... These things don't adhere anywhere? They just slide up into the window and sit there? It looks like the back ones have double sided tape on the corners, but other than that, the front ones do not have any tape on them.

Nope, the fronts are held in there by the rigidity of the plastic. Since you have to bend in the back strip in and then finish tucking the rest of it in, it stays put. Been up to a houndred and not as much as a wave from it! I love these things.

JimP
03-30-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't like these window guards, I have them on my car. If I can get them off in one piece I will donate them to who ever wants them.

RoyLPita
03-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't like these window guards, I have them on my car. If I can get them off in one piece I will donate them to who ever wants them.

Which ones are they? If they are the Weathertech Weatherflectors, I'll take them.

RoyLPita
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM

You have a PM.

JimP
04-02-2010, 06:21 PM
PM answered they are the ones which stick to the window frame, they do not go inside the rail. One was slightly damaged when removing.

You have a PM.

ImpalaSlayer
04-02-2010, 06:46 PM
And the thought of "taping" my chrome seems downright redneckish.
i resemble that!

i have mine taped and love it, chrome FTL :down:

the tap was meant to be a temporary thing to see if i like it, now that it know its awesome, ill paint it one of these years.

Egon Spengler
04-07-2010, 10:43 AM
hmmmmm... I may paint mine!

i resemble that!

i have mine taped and love it, chrome FTL :down:

the tap was meant to be a temporary thing to see if i like it, now that it know its awesome, ill paint it one of these years.