PDA

View Full Version : I thought meth made you work faster, not slower...

CBT
03-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Man Kills Boss With Pickax After Complaints About Job Performance, DA says

KTLA News
8:35 AM PDT, March 23, 2010

http://www.ktla.com/media/photo/2010-03/52874211.jpg Ernesto Hernando Avalos, 23 (Orange County District Attorney's Office)

SANTA ANA -- A disgruntled day laborer used a shovel and a pickax to murder his boss at being criticized for his work performance, prosecutors say.

23 -year old Ernesto Hernando Avalos is charged with murder with an enhancement for personal use of a deadly weapon in the 2007 death of landscaping business owner Woo Sung Park.

Prosecutors say Park hired Avalos and another man to work at a home in the Shady Canyon neighborhood of Irvine.

After lunchtime, the other worker went to the home's back yard, and saw Park lying motionless on the ground, while Avalos held a shovel, Deputy District Attorney Steve McGreevy said.

A neighbor called police, who responded and ordered Avalos to put down the shovel.

Avalos dropped the shovel, but then picked up a pickax and smashed it in the head of the 45-year-old Rancho Santa Margarita father.

Avalos was arrested after police used a less-lethal weapon on him.

During a police interview, Avalos said he had taken methamphetamine that morning, and that he was angry at Park for stating he was working too slowly, McGreevy said.

During his opening statement, Deputy Public Defender Arthur Phan described Avalos' attack as an act of self-defense.

Avalos, whom was criticized by his boss, feared an attack, the lawyer said.

If convicted, Avalos faces 16 years to life in prison.

Egon Spengler
03-24-2010, 06:26 AM
ah- brrrrrrrr

guspech750
03-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Just another reason why these labor companies should be shut down and no work visas ever permitted to anyone of any nationality. Heaven forbid an illegal p.o.s. be criticized. Too bad. When you become a legal citizen, then you will have rights, but again too bad. Do your work as best as you can and shut up!!

Im shedding a tear for for the dirtbag now........Can you see it...... I tinkled it into the toilet!!

Haggis
03-24-2010, 06:30 AM
If convicted, Avalos faces 16 years to life in prison.

Waste of taxpayers money, when his punshiment should only cost $.20.

guspech750
03-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Waste of taxpayers money, when his punshiment should only cost $.20.
Haggis for President!!..........But can we line up more so we dont waste $.20 on one dirtbag. 4 for the price of 1 deal.

Gryphonzus
03-24-2010, 07:12 AM
Sounds like a plan to me!!!

Black Dynamite
03-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Hammurabi Code FTW...

Joe Walsh
03-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Wonder why the LEO didn't pump a round into the flake before he had the chance to kill the poor business owner with the pick axe?

:gunfire:

As Haggis said, it would have been the cheapest and best solution to the situation.

MrBluGruv
03-24-2010, 08:30 AM
"Avalos, whom was criticized by his boss, feared an attack, the lawyer said."

Man, I'd hate to be in that career field, when a poor performance evaluation is punctuated with an ass-kicking...

Haggis
03-24-2010, 09:51 AM
"You put that rose bush 2 inches too close to that maple tree," :bop:, "DUMBA$$."

babbage
03-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Wheres the part about being an ILLEGAL alien. Mexican Day worker?

knine
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
If they name a park in honor of the victim Woo Sung Park, will they call it "Park Park"?

CBT
03-24-2010, 01:59 PM
If they name a park in honor of the victim Woo Sung Park, will they call it "Park Park"?
lol, sick. mebbe "pick axe" park park.

W4LTD
03-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Wheres the part about being an ILLEGAL alien. Mexican Day worker?

You must consider the source of the post. :rolleyes: Enough said?

Phrog_gunner
03-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Case lets go halfsies on a bunch of day laborers, and then sit on the porch with beers and heckle them. With any luck one of them will do what this guy did and then we can play Hogan's Alley.

Cosgrandmarquis
03-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Whats on his face?!:eek:

guspech750
03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Whats on his face?!:eek:
Its a band aid. He sc***** his face on the boarder fence!!

CBT
03-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Case lets go halfsies on a bunch of day laborers, and then sit on the porch with beers and heckle them. With any luck one of them will do what this guy did and then we can play Hogan's Alley.
Well I do have a hole in my pool liner, wonder how many would drown trying to fix it with sheetrock mud and a trowel for 3 bucks.
I find it hard to believe they already know he faces 16 years to life in prison. 16 years is the minimum for murder in Cali, that's it? Rediculous. so for AT LEAST 16 years he will get 3 meals a day, shelter, and immediate medical and dental care. No wonder they could care less about going to jail, it's a gigantic improvement over what they had.

CBT
03-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Its a band aid. He sc***** his face on the boarder fence!!
lol. dude what happened to your sig? someone ***** it in the face and parked a dtr on it.