PDA

View Full Version : new project

JimP
03-27-2010, 04:34 PM
The last thing I need is another car. I have been trying to get my hands on this thing for some time now. I was in the process of sending another marauder member a PM and I get a phone call. Owner tells me I can have it for $2500.00

It has 69,000 kilometers, it is a Canadian car, it was a one owner car, been sitting for a very very long time. I can't say no, running or not it is a great deal. If I don't find any holes in the floor I'm picking it up tomorrow and putting it some place dry. I'll get to it eventually. What do you guys think. It's an 84 SVO, the paint has moss growing on it. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't save this thing. The wing is in the hatch! Car was running very well when parked. I know the owner very well. Had parked it for a winter, had lost his storage. In the spring it had 4 flats, has been sitting since. He drives his company truck every where.

Jim

ImpalaSlayer
03-27-2010, 04:35 PM
thats awesome!

SpartaPerformance
03-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Looks like some body work and OMG all the rubber hoses and vacuum lines most likely will need to be replaced but who can pass up an SVO!? There is an 85.5 SVO in this months issue of MM&FF and it looks great.

musclemerc
03-27-2010, 04:59 PM
My first Fox body build was straight out of the junkyard... Had to kick the dog outta the car, this car is in much better shape then that. Plus they have a HUGE aftermarket, can you say swap meet? Love the SVO's they were way ahead of their time!

RoyLPita
03-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Congrats on your latest acquisition. Keep us posted on any progress.

JimP
03-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Sadly the SVO is a no go. The seller backed out of the deal. Either way car was worse than I thought, the bottom of the doors, hatch lid, hood, pretty much anywhere there was a seem there was rot. I'll stick to modding the Marauder and racing the GN. He said he plans on bringing it back inside and restoring it sometime in the near future.