PDA

View Full Version : Water leak for those with wet passenger floor

JimP
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
If any of you are trying to locate a water leak, passenger side floor or rear passenger side floor, please read.

My friends 2004 P71 was always wet after washing or rain. He was unable to find the source of the leak, we figured it was a missing grommet, leaky windshield, poor weather stripping etc... needless to say he addressed all these possible sources with no success until yesterday.

Another friend pulled the passenger side front inner fender, behind the inner fender there is a vent for the vehicles heating a/c system. The area seems to have been very poorly sealed from the air box to the firewall from the factory. Some strip caulk and the leak is fixed.

I only wish I had taken pictures so you could see where I was referring too. If your trying to locate a leak in this area please consider this.

scruff
03-30-2010, 06:07 PM
I removed my wipers and the tray that runs along the bottom of windshield,,under the tray is a screen went thats held down with 3 nuts i removed this screen and applied sealant to the worn gasket put it all back together i hope this solved the problem i will soon find out

JimP
04-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I removed my wipers and the tray that runs along the bottom of windshield,,under the tray is a screen went thats held down with 3 nuts i removed this screen and applied sealant to the worn gasket put it all back together i hope this solved the problem i will soon find out

I know the area you are referring to but this wasn't it. The passenger side front tire was removed, then the inner fender was removed. You can now see the firewall. About halfway down is where the problem was. It's hard to explain but I'll try my best. It looks as if the air box for the HVAC protrudes through the firewall behind the inner fender. There is some room for water to enter here as the factory has done a very poor job sealing it. If the opening around the airbox to the firewall is sealed with strip caulk you can fix the leak. I wish I had taken some pics of this area. If your still leaking look there.

Blk Mamba
04-02-2010, 02:57 PM
We went to the car wash today, (the '96 CV), and found my water leak, the driver side, rear quarter window has a small leak that runs down the inside of the inner body and into the floor well. Now all we have to do is remove the rear seat, inner trim panel, pinpoint the leak, and repair it.

fordfrk347
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Mine leaks on the drivers side intermittantly when it rains and the car is just sitting. Now that its warming up I guess I will start looking. Replaced windshield and that didnt work.