PDA

View Full Version : sad news

ntd
03-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Heard from my best friend today that a friend of ours Gary had passed away in a car accident in California. He was driving his turbocharged S-2000 on some twisty roads and as the official reports goes a oil slick placed at the exit of a turn caused him to loose traction and go into oncoming traffic and have a head on collision with a pickup truck. There have been reporst of local residents doing this to combat motorcyclist and and automotive enthusiast from speeding on there roads. While Gary had no right speeding, what gives someone the right to set a trap, that is B.S. Gary will be missed my only hope from posting this is that people be more responible driving. Spirited driving should be done on the track easier said than done I know, but something to think about next time

jgc61sr2002
03-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Very sorry to hear that.
May he rest in peace.

ImpalaSlayer
03-31-2010, 05:11 PM
sorry to hear man. that really is some BS putting oil down, wtf?

LeoVampire
03-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Seems like very little when some thing like this happens!

A sudden and unexpected death like this is the most devistating to endure and I feel for you as a friend and for his family as well!!

But the reasons why is so inexcusable! Ya he was speeding but for someone to go out of their way to see that this would happen is just insane no matter what the reasons!

I hope they catch the jerk who put the oil down in the first place.

:depress:

DEFYANT
03-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Karma will settle the debt owed by the trap setter....

mrjones
03-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope they catch whoever did it and lock them away forever. We've had a similar problem out west of San Antonio on a set of roads in the Hill Country called the three sisters. People were oiling the turns to keep away the motorcyclists.

ntd
03-31-2010, 06:14 PM
I thank you all for the kind words I'm sure Gary appropriates it. He was a true car nut to the bone. As much as I hate to say this I put most of the blame on my dear friend Gary. If you drive hard on the streets it will bite back sooner or later sadly his wife, family and friends must live on with the consequences of his actions.

MrBluGruv
03-31-2010, 06:19 PM
It blows my mind to think any semi-intelligent person could believe that attempted murder is an appropriate deterrent for speeding. Not only has this taken the life of your friend who was violating road law, but this has also affected the life of the other individual minding their own business obeying the law. Inexcusable.

Local Boy
03-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear, such tragic loss...

My prayers go out to Gary...God Bless, Brutha

Aloha

TAKEDOWN
03-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Karma will settle the debt owed by the trap setter....

Oh YES it will!

RoyLPita
04-01-2010, 02:50 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I read awhile back of the same thing done in a NY/NJ town and it took the life of a man by sending his triple white Mustang GT Convertible driver side first into a telephone pole. I believe the they caught the person who did this.

Found the article:
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/05/nyregion/crash-kills-man-and-another-is-accused-of-oiling-the-road.html?scp=1&sq=drag+racing+accident+mustan g+1987&st=nyt

JimP
04-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Sorry for your loss. If this was a trap I hope who ever set it has a very guilty conscience. R.I.P.

Dark_Knight7096
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
The only way Karma would do justice in this situation is if Karma was a huge pissed off dude that would skin the bastards feet that did this, then dip them in salt, then wash off the salt with vinegar/bleach/gasoline and repeat as necessary.

Sorry to hear about the loss sir, hopefully that big guy exists.