PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Jackson addict

Vortex
04-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, its on again this week. Man, 12k for a beautiful 71 Nova today, I would have bought it.

Paul T. Casey
04-02-2010, 04:31 AM
I like the cars, but depise the Barret Jackson Auction. All it has done is drive the little guy from the hobby. The dope with the rusted out Camaro with a tree growing through it now thinks it's worth $5K.

Blackened300a
04-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Sign of the times today, Cars are getting less then half of what they would have gotten 2 years ago. Im seeing fully restored 55 chevys going for just over $20K. 2 Years ago, you couldn't touch that car for less then $35K.

chicago_cop
04-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I like the cars, but depise the Barret Jackson Auction. All it has done is drive the little guy from the hobby. The dope with the rusted out Camaro with a tree growing through it now thinks it's worth $5K.

I have been watching. Prices have dropped to half or more from the yr or two before. A beautiful 60 Bonniville tri power ht. Crome every where. Like a new car for in the 20s. Wish I was there.

SamF
04-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I watch it...prices have dropped considerably. No other place can you see so many really nice rides in one place with great commentary and awesome footage.

breeze
04-03-2010, 09:00 AM
my dad told me yesterday, "well u know we keep watching barret jackson auction and the more u modify the less the cars value is"...if im not getting rid of it then i hold the value!

LeoVampire
04-03-2010, 11:13 AM
my dad told me yesterday, "well u know we keep watching barret jackson auction and the more u modify the less the cars value is"...if im not getting rid of it then i hold the value!

Keep every original part you change and make them available with the car auction it brings up the value of the car because the person buying it can bring the car back to original condition.

My basment holds every part I changed from manifolds to cat's and the original trunk lid because I bought a new one to put the spoiler on it.

You can ever hear them saying that on the speed chanels coverage of the auctions they all say the same thing.

Ralph Sr.
04-04-2010, 09:08 AM
did you guys see that 2011 chevy corvette zo6 ,sale price $297,000... its that special edition /carbon fiber edition, only 500 to be built...rick hendrick, nascar guy bought it... ralph sr./rkvette

n3fvg
04-04-2010, 09:46 AM
For those of you who are dreaming of Barrett Jackson cars, a very good car buddy of mine goes out to Scottsdale a few times a year and always spends a couple of days at the auction. He told me you wouldn't believe the crap the TV camera hides! While on the auction floor, there are TV's everywhere and on many of the cars he had to go back and forth as he couldn't believe it was the same car he was looking at! Lots of fresh paint and bondo covering problems and mistakes! A lot of the cars barely get onto the stage they are running so badly and then get pushed off between camera takes!
Buyer Beware!