PDA

View Full Version : Help Support Paula Caissie Babineau (Mrs. Carfixer) Against Leukemia

LeoVampire
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=122854&postcount=1

For you guys that don't know about it yet. Most of us are using his alignment specs.

His wife is having a problem with her cancer again. You might want to send a prayer or two.

"A some may know, my wife Paula was diagnosed with Leukemia back in June 2006. She went through over 2 1/2 grueling years of treatments and was declared cancer free in the beginning of 2009.

Toward the end of February this year, Paula went for a check up and we received the bad news that her blood counts were off and the doctor ordered a bone marrow biopsy. The results were bad, the leukemia is back. On March 1, she was admitted to the hospital for treatment. After the first round of chemotherapy, she had no improvement. She actually went downhill. They ordered a second round of chemotherapy. She's been in the hospital now for over 5 weeks and she is still no better than when she started. We are at the limit of what the doctors can do for us in Fort Myers. It was recommended to us that we seek alternate medicines for her.

Tomorrow morning, we are flying her and I by private jet to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston Texas. This is the our last resort and we hope and pray they can help her. It's been a long road and we are not ready to give up yet.

I'll keep you updated as we go. If your on Facebook, you can follow along on the page her brother created for her called:"

Help Support Paula Caissie Babineau Against Leukemia!!!

BAD MERC
04-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Oh no. Claude is my neighbor and great friend- I will see if I can help in anyway!

MM03MOK
04-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I was waiting for Claude to decide how and when to share this information here. I have been in touch with Claude but he understandably has been busy.

Along with prayers and positive thoughts for Paula, may I suggest that those that are able and willing to do so, consider participating in the National Marrow Donor Program.

http://www.marrow.org/

Thousands of patients with leukemia and other life-threatening diseases need a bone marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant and depend on the Be The Match RegistryŽ to find a match — someone like you.

We all have the power to help, the power to give hope.

http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Recruit_Donors/Need_for_Donors/index.html

A match for every patient. Hope for every family.

We have a registry of millions. But we still do not have matched bone marrow donors or umbilical cord blood for all patients, especially those from racially and ethnically diverse communities.

We need more people to join the registry and expectant parents to donate umbilical cord blood. With your help, more people will receive a transplant. And more families will have a future filled with hope.

Please consider joining the National Marrow Donor Program. Kits can be sent to you or you may find a bone marrow drive near you. A couple of swabs of cheek cells is all it takes.

Be The Match RegistryŽ

http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/Join_Now/join_now.html

To find a marrow drive near you, please search by zip code.

http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/Join_in_Person/index.html

Blackmobile
04-06-2010, 01:35 PM
prayers sent for continued strength and better health.

Ed

BAD MERC
04-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Here's a Facebook page where we can all show support as well. www.Facebook.com/
Help Support Paula Caissie Babineau Against Leukemia!!!

Ktorres1
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
That is truly very hard to go through and I commend her as well as Claude for being strong in goin through it together. Paula was how I first knew about Claude and she was very kind in showing me claudes supercharged marauder. They will be in my prayers.

justbob
04-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Claude, I know exactly what you are going thru, I am very sorry to hear that she had to repeat chemo. My wife said i'd have to drag her back kicking, screaming, and crying, before she would ever repeat that horrific treatment. Being the one on the supportive side, it was very very hard, but I was thankful for all the modern day medicine. I hope she (and you) pull out of this and continue with healthy lives. Do not accept the views of only one doctor, it sounds like you are allready on the right track.

CBT
04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
:(Hate to hear it, you and yours will be in my prayers tonight. Years and years ago when I was on active duty I signed up on the bone marrow registry, but I just called to make sure I'm still on it, they are going to call me tomorrow, it's after business hours right now.

LANDY
04-06-2010, 03:45 PM
prayer's sent to a great member and his family.

Cobra25
04-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Our prayers are with Claude & Paula and their family.

John Nero
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Our prayers are with Claude & Paula and their family.

dido..........

Ms. Denmark
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Eric and I send our heartfelt wishes for strength and healing to you, Claude and Paula. We will keep you both in our daily prayers, along with so many others who are thinking of you.:)

SVT_MERC
04-06-2010, 07:00 PM
My prayers are with Claude and the family.

Ladyhawke
04-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Our thoughts and prayers to Claude, Paula and their family.

ckadiddle
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
I will add Claude and his wife and their families to our prayer list. Very sorry to hear about it.

wchain
04-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm gonna try to go by and see Claude and Paula next week.

MarauderTJA
04-08-2010, 04:28 AM
Claude, let me know if there is anything I can fo for you, Paula or the kids. Only a phone call away my friend.

bawazir
04-08-2010, 05:33 AM
Our prayers are with Claude & Paula and their family

Pops
04-08-2010, 05:46 AM
Our prayers are with you and Paula!!!