PDA

View Full Version : Sequence Plaques

Egon Spengler
04-07-2010, 08:40 AM
I want pics or descriptions of where you guys are mounting these! Mine showed up yesterday and I am trying to figure out where to put mine. I can't do under the hood because I live in New England, but I would like to see any and all places for me and future plaque buyers!

Thanks guys!:beer:

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2010, 09:04 AM
so do you like them?

Bluerauder
04-07-2010, 09:16 AM
I want pics or descriptions of where you guys are mounting these! Mine showed up yesterday and I am trying to figure out where to put mine. I can't do under the hood because I live in New England, but I would like to see any and all places for me and future plaque buyers!

Thanks guys!:beer:

So you would like us to tell you where to put it? ;)

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2010, 03:16 PM
oh yeah btw, thats aircraft grade aluminum, its alclad so you can stick it under the hood. just clean it off every once n a while and it wont corrode

jdenning002
04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
how/ where do I order one? Also, the same for the paper certificate....

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2010, 05:12 PM
how/ where do I order one? Also, the same for the paper certificate....
pm what you want it to say

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53063&highlight=sequence+plates

Egon Spengler
04-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes I like them! Thank you sir!

Phrog_gunner
04-07-2010, 05:27 PM
oh yeah btw, thats aircraft grade aluminum, its alclad so you can stick it under the hood. just clean it off every once n a while and it wont corrode

I would've thought you would know better than that. lol

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2010, 05:29 PM
I would've thought you would know better than that. lol
huh? it is for airplanes.... i used some of the same stuff earlier in the day on an actual airplane.

justbob
04-07-2010, 05:33 PM
I have mine mounted in the center of the radiator cover. I get countless compliments at the shows! BTW Mine still looks brand new after Chicago weather. Thanks BIG TIME Dave!

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I have mine mounted in the center of the radiator cover. I get countless compliments at the shows! BTW Mine still looks brand new after Chicago weather. Thanks BIG TIME Dave!
good to hear Bob. also glad to hear it isn't corroding

Phrog_gunner
04-07-2010, 05:36 PM
huh? it is for airplanes.... i used some of the same stuff earlier in the day on an actual airplane.

I'm just saying there's no such thing as "aircraft grade aluminum", when you order supplies for the shop do you order a sheet of "aircraft grade aluminum"? No it is identified by its alloy designator. I'm not doubting its quality, just the name-e-ology of it. Just because our school reinforces the adhesive on the rudder pedal pads on our aircraft with zip ties, doesn't mean it's "aircraft grade plastic". It is just a piece of plastic that is used on an aircraft.

Egon Spengler
04-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Hey, if it holds up on an airplane I am happy with it! no need to bicker!

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm just saying there's no such thing as "aircraft grade aluminum", when you order supplies for the shop do you order a sheet of "aircraft grade aluminum"? No it is identified by its alloy designator. Just because our school reinforces the adhesive on the rudder pedal pads on our aircraft with zip ties, doesn't mean it's "aircraft grade plastic". It is just a piece of plastic that is used on an aircraft.

go back to reading books you technical genius. besides i dont remember the alloy.

Phrog_gunner
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
go back to reading books you technical genius. besides i dont remember the alloy.

Don't get all Captain Butthurt. :P

You mean like the books I studied to get my A&P?

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Don't get all Captain Butthurt. :P

You mean like the books I studied to get my A&P?

learn by doing son :cool:

i really need to take that test. pm me if you dont mind about the details