PDA

View Full Version : The Forum Wars

ctrlraven
04-07-2010, 08:45 AM
http://theforumwars.tv/index.html

We need to get MM.net vs. some hemi vehicle forum.

CBT
04-07-2010, 08:47 AM
lol, we have enough in-fighting right here:beer:

Pops
04-07-2010, 08:54 AM
That was pretty cool! Need Jdando to compete in one of these.

justbob
04-07-2010, 09:02 AM
That would make for a really good TV show!

SC Cheesehead
04-07-2010, 09:57 AM
That would make for a really good TV show!

All new version of "The Biggest Loser," eh?

Mr. Man
04-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Titled " Slow overweight underpowered American sedan V. slower overweight underpowered American pony car"

LeoVampire
04-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it is a great idea of course until you lose that is and everyone see's it like that Nissan guy found out the hard way! :lol:

Mr. Man
04-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I think it is a great idea of course until you lose that is and everyone see's it like that Nissan guy found out the hard way! :lol:
Oooooh LV with the sneaky backdoor slam. Unless he's not digging me then I have no idea and remove myself from the conversation.:confused:

LeoVampire
04-07-2010, 09:07 PM
6 feet down kind of where he must have been wanting to hide after the total kill he got from the piece of metal Mustang!

Can I tunnerl my way out of here? Someone shut the damm camera off already okay?!

He must have heard about that one from the guys on his site for a long time!

Mr. Man
04-07-2010, 09:12 PM
6 feet down kind of where he must have been wanting to hide after the total kill he got from the piece of metal Mustang!

Can I tunnerl my way out of here? Someone shut the damm camera off already okay?!

He must have heard about that one from the guys on his site for a long time!
Not me I know to stay away from late model Mustangs unless its on dirt or snow then is party time:banana: Must be another Nissan guy:bandit:

Rocknthehawk
04-08-2010, 09:26 AM
1/8 mile....whats the point?

I post on my350z....that guy is a tool.

Phrog_gunner
04-08-2010, 10:30 AM
1/8 mile....whats the point?

I post on my350z....that guy is a tool.

That guy had nothing but crap to talk until he lost, then he had excuses like "I was just messing around" or "I don't have much experience with grip".

My hat is off to the Ford guy for being a good sport even after he won.

Paul T. Casey
04-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I seriously think we'd better stay away from this. With only a few exceptions, we'd be getting our collective "seats" handed to us by most of the other forums I frequent.

babbage
04-08-2010, 11:43 AM
ha! Funny stuff. The nissan 370Z with the elite nissmo package runs a 13.8 in the quarter. Not really that great for almost 50 grand

Rocknthehawk
04-08-2010, 01:14 PM
ha! Funny stuff. The nissan 370Z with the elite nissmo package runs a 13.8 in the quarter. Not really that great for almost 50 grand

The Nismo isn't really worth the money over a base or base touring for $30,000-34,000. It's also not designed to be a quarter mile car...compare it to the new camaros....what it may lack in 1/4 mile, it will make up for on the track.

I can't understand what that Z guy was doing....it definetly didn't seem like he was pushing it...

LeoVampire
04-08-2010, 07:01 PM
The Nismo isn't really worth the money over a base or base touring for $30,000-34,000. It's also not designed to be a quarter mile car...compare it to the new camaros....what it may lack in 1/4 mile, it will make up for on the track.

I can't understand what that Z guy was doing....it definetly didn't seem like he was pushing it...

In the video after the first run he mentioned a problem with the clutch maybe he was telling the truth.

Rocknthehawk
04-08-2010, 11:37 PM
I was finally able to get on my350z and read more about this....

the guy that did it had 60 posts...in 2 years. There was VERY poor execution of a great idea. The Z that was filmed was pieced together in 3 days, with a very beat up 06 motor, with known oil consumption problems.

the mustang was track ready and showed up in an enclosed trailer....seems like the z was a spoon in a knife fight.

plenty of excuses going around, but from what i've read the Z guys aren't the only ones that got screwed. It's too bad they had to represent us (z owners) in that way.

babbage
04-09-2010, 06:13 AM
I was finally able to get on my350z and read more about this....

the guy that did it had 60 posts...in 2 years. There was VERY poor execution of a great idea. The Z that was filmed was pieced together in 3 days, with a very beat up 06 motor, with known oil consumption problems.

the mustang was track ready and showed up in an enclosed trailer....seems like the z was a spoon in a knife fight.

plenty of excuses going around, but from what i've read the Z guys aren't the only ones that got screwed. It's too bad they had to represent us (z owners) in that way.

Wow lots of excuses! Even having said that - I suspect no one from the Z form will step up for a rematch.. (read: talk is cheap) ;)

:burnout:

Phrog_gunner
04-09-2010, 06:28 AM
The Z that was filmed was pieced together in 3 days, with a very beat up 06 motor, with known oil consumption problems.

Are you saying there is no one on that site with nothing done to their car but stickers? I don't doubt there are some quick cars there, so why did a car have to be BUILT for the show?

Rocknthehawk
04-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Are you saying there is no one on that site with nothing done to their car but stickers? I don't doubt there are some quick cars there, so why did a car have to be BUILT for the show?

Yes I am saying that. He even said if he knew the backlash that would come, he would have said he was from another site.

From what i've read, it wasn't like they made a huge announcement and decided who would be on the show....there was one weak ass thread, in the wrong section, and none of the correct administrators were contaced.

Not making excuses for the guy, just saying he was a poor representation of a very good forum. I mean come on....60 posts in 2 years...would you want someone like that showing up saying they're from this site?

There are people saying they would step up...there are some VERY powerful cars there. 600+ horsepower Z's are insane...none of these guys knew about it.

Also heard/read about an Evo forum that had the same issue...

musclemerc
04-09-2010, 02:11 PM
That Shelby ate his lunch!

Joe Walsh
04-09-2010, 02:17 PM
It's too bad that the Z forum got stuck with that 'tard representing them.

He starts off by dissing the Shelby and then proclaiming Japanese technology's superiority.

Then he quickly switches to excuses:

"My clutch got stuck!"
'I'm not used to grip* driving!"

The only thing he didn't do was a LOSER'S FLYBY!!!....:rofl:

* BTW: That is why drifting is NOT a true motorsport...It is just tire burning stunt driving.

Phrog_gunner
04-09-2010, 02:20 PM
* BTW: That is why drifting is NOT a true motorsport...It is just tire burning stunt driving.

It's for people who can't figure out how to properly carry speed through a corner. Proof: His dumbass driving through the cones and then saying "I was just messing around".