PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Challenger

RF Overlord
04-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Got one as a rental in KY. No, it's not an SRT8, it's the usual stripped-down-for-Enterprise 3.5L V6.

It isn't much in the pickup department, but I have to admit it handles very well. Zero body lean or tire squeal even when taking on-and off-ramps at way higher than "responsible" speeds; the car felt very secure. The brakes are very good, too. The cabin is well insulated from road and wind noise, but the motor sounds harsh when pushed, and the transmission shift scheduling is awful; worse even than a stock Marauder, which is bad enough.

Having driven a new Mustang in Seymour a couple of years ago, if I absolutely HAD to buy a car today, and my choice was between the Mustang and the Challenger, I'd pick the Challenger.

ImpalaSlayer
04-09-2010, 06:39 PM
traitor....:D

RF Overlord
04-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I know...I do feel conflicted about this.

But at least I didn't say I'd pick an Infiniti G37... :eek: (Oh, the shame)

ImpalaSlayer
04-09-2010, 06:49 PM
id buy an import before a chevy or a dodge :puke:

Leadfoot281
04-09-2010, 07:30 PM
id buy an import before a chevy or a dodge :puke:

I'd walk. :lol:

Mr. Man
04-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Doomie dust you yet?

RF Overlord
04-09-2010, 08:40 PM
id buy an import before a chevy or a dodge

I'd walk. Hey...let's not be hatin' on the less fortunate.

Doomie dust you yet?No, but SilverSurfer got caught sleeping... :D

Mr. Man
04-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I think Brain is a low and slow cruiser at heart.

DOOM
04-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Doomie dust you yet?

I told him I would give him 10 car lengths! :D

SC Cheesehead
04-10-2010, 05:02 AM
The way this whole deal is going, the next go-round Bob's gonna be touting Smart cars:

"Well, If I absolutely HAD to buy a car, and the choice was between no car and a..." ;)

Mr. Man
04-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Has anyone actually seen Bob or Mary's MM? I'm starting to think they are embarrassed to admit their Yugo fetish.:D;)

illwood
04-10-2010, 08:50 AM
The 2011 Mustang GT with the 5.0 is supposed to be fantastic. It beats the Challenger and Camaro SS in some road tests I had seen online (can dig up the link, but it's in my work email).

My friends and my wife would agree that I "bleed blue", but with that said, I think the Challenger is the only Mopar product I would drive these days. I think they nailed the vintage/modern styling perfectly.

SC Cheesehead
04-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Has anyone actually seen Bob or Mary's MM? I'm starting to think they are embarrassed to admit their Yugo fetish.:D;)

I saw someone resembling Mary in a SB at MV5, but it may have been a clever stand-in. Hadn't considered the Yugo fetish angle, hmmmm, you may be on to something here...http://www.menoutdoors.com/forums/images/smilies/animated/36_1_12.gif

Ken
04-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Has anyone actually seen Bob or Mary's MM? I'm starting to think they are embarrassed to admit their Yugo fetish.:D;)Yes, Mary brought hers to a Cleveland, many years ago!

The way this whole deal is going, the next go-round Bob's gonna be touting Smart cars:;) Saw my first Smart car dealership, two blocks from the hotel today!

SC Cheesehead
04-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes, Mary brought hers to a Cleveland, many years ago!

Saw my first Smart car dealership, two blocks from the hotel today!

PLEASE tell me you're not interested in one! :eek:

Mr. Man
04-10-2010, 01:54 PM
I saw someone resembling Mary in a SB at MV5, but it may have been a clever stand-in. Hadn't considered the Yugo fetish angle, hmmmm, you may be on to something here...http://www.menoutdoors.com/forums/images/smilies/animated/36_1_12.gif
Boxy looking things could have been Lada's:lol: