PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Trace KY bourbon

swordfish
04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
got to try Buffalo Trace this weekend and was telling a friend it was one of the best bourbon's I've had. So thought we would run and pick some up for the house only to be told Buffalo Trace is only sold in Kentucky and production is very limited at this current time. Next Year I'll have to stock up. The worst part is I live in a dry county so 20 miles and no bourbon!:mad:

MM03MOK
04-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Mark - it is sold in other states but not Arkansas, it seems.

http://www.buffalotrace.com/main.asp?page=retailers

LIGHTNIN1
04-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I am familiar with those DRY counties. What a pain. What were people thinking? I've never heard of that brand bourbon.

MM03MOK
04-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Buffalo Trace was the first distillery we visited 5 years ago on our first KY meet. Hadn't heard of it before that.

1stMerc
04-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Ahh, now you know the reason for the anual pilgrimage to KY.

Bluerauder
04-13-2010, 04:05 AM
got to try Buffalo Trace this weekend and was telling a friend it was one of the best bourbon's I've had. So thought we would run and pick some up for the house only to be told Buffalo Trace is only sold in Kentucky and production is very limited at this current time. Next Year I'll have to stock up. The worst part is I live in a dry county so 20 miles and no bourbon!:mad:

We visited the Buffalo Trace Distillery in April 2008 on the Louisville, KY trip. I have become partial to Buffalo Trace as well as Eagle Rare and Blanton's Reserve which are also made at that distillery. :up:

pantheroc
04-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Just opened a 50ml bottle of Buffalo Trace a few minutes ago. Great stuff.

MM2004
04-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Just opened a 50ml bottle of Buffalo Trace a few minutes ago. Great stuff.

Very cool Jerry!

Have a shot for me will ya'?

Mike.

SamF
04-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Picked up a bottle of it here in PA over the weekend...:D

SILVERSURFER03
04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
And for me to jerry ..... I missed the bt tasting. Makers mark was good and heaven hill also good

swordfish
04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
I hope you all enjoy! have one for me.:beer: I talked to the owner one of the stores today he's going to see if he can get me a couple of bottles.

Mr. Man
04-13-2010, 07:24 PM
You need to find a "supplier". Here in Jersey we got guys get you anything you need.:bandit:

ImpalaSlayer
04-13-2010, 07:25 PM
You need to find a "supplier". Here in Jersey we got guys get you anything you need.:bandit:

thats cause you "know a guy"

Bluerauder
04-13-2010, 07:42 PM
For all you Maryland, DC and Virginia folks, there's a Beer and Bourbon Festival at the National Harbor on 18-19 June.

>>>>> http://www.beerandbourbon.com/national-harbor/show-info

Buffalo Trace will be there along with all your favorite spirits and beer vendors. Here's your chance to pick up a bottle of your favorite.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++
This Is Just A Sampling Of What Was Poured Last Year.......

We will update the list approximately 2 weeks prior to the event. To be certain, we will pour 60+ beers and serve 40+ of the finest bourbons.

BOURBONS/WHISKY/SPIRITS

Jim Beam Black
Jim Beam White
Jim Beam Rye
Red Stag
Ri
Basil Hayden's
Booker's
Baker's
Knob Creek
Maker's Mark
Evan Williams Black
Evan Williams Single Barrel
Elijah Craig 12Yr
Elijah Craig 18Yr
Bernheim
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels Single Barrel
Gentleman Jack
Woodford Reserve
Wasmund's Single Malt Whiskey
Wasmund's Rye Spirit
Copper Fox Rye Whiskey
Pappy Van Winkle 20 YR
William Larue Weller
Old Rip Van Winkle 15YR or 12yr
Buffalo Trace
Bulleit
Russell Reserve
Wild Turkey American Honey
Blanton's Single Barrel
Hancock Single Barrel
Prichards Sweet Lucy
Rock Hill Farms
Noah's Mill
Willet Family
Rowan's Creek
Black Maple Hill
1792 Ridgemont Reserve
Kentucky Tavern
Old Whiskey River
Very Old Barton
Courvoisier Exclusif
Courvoisier VSPO
Sauza Hornitos Plata
Suaza Reposado
Suazo Anejo
Cruzan Guava
Cruzan Black Cherry
Cruzan Gold
Cruzan Coconut
Cruzan Light
Cruzan Pineapple
Firefly Vodka

BREWS

Magic Hat #9, Wacko
Sierra Nevada ESB, Summerfest
Dogfish Head Raison D'etre, 90 Min IPA
Pyramid Hefeweizen, Seasonal
Stone Brewing Company Levitation
Stone Brewing Co Arrogant Bastard
Saranac Pomegranate Wheat, Summer Brew
Brewery Ommegang Hennepin, 3 Philosophers
Oliver Brewing Company Irish Red Ale, Cream Ale
Lancaster Brewing Strawberry Wheat, Hop Hog IPA
Evolution Craft Brewing Co
McSorley's Black Lager, Irish Pale Ale
Pete's Brewing Co Wicked Ale
Barons Brewing Co Black Wattle, Lager
Buffalo Bills Orange Blossom Cream Ale
Guinness 250 Stout
Harp
Lake Placid Brewing Co UBU Ale
Raven
Heineken Light, Dark
Newcastle
Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale, Gonzo
Clipper City Pale Ale
BaltoMarzHon
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
Hornsby Amber Draft, Apple Cider
Woodchuck Ciders
Coopers Brewery Extra Stout
Brewdog Punk IPA
La Divine Blonde Ale
Wittekerke Rose Beer
AND MANY MORE!

pantheroc
04-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Had a couple micro-shots, can't squeeze much out of those little airline size bottles.

Very cool Jerry!

Have a shot for me will ya'?

Mike.

And for me to jerry ..... I missed the bt tasting. Makers mark was good and heaven hill also good

PurdueRifleman
04-14-2010, 03:30 AM
...Buffalo Trace is only sold in Kentucky and production is very limited at this current time...

Nope. I used to buy it every now and then as far north as Lafayette, IN. Used to drink it quite a bit, but after a rough night a while back, we're taking a hiatus.

chapel1
04-15-2010, 06:00 PM
After our first Kentucky trip, Buffalo Trace is my favorite Bourbon, and my favorite sipper is Elmer T. Lee 90 proof. And Buffalo Trace has the best tours!! :beer: