PDA

View Full Version : The New Dodge Hemi

RCSignals
11-17-2003, 12:36 AM
This is not the first such story I've read (http://dtw.truckmoxie.com/forums/topic.ten?id=67819)

Michael_S
11-17-2003, 06:22 AM
A 5.7 liter Hemi with 340+ horsepower and torque sounds really respectable until you take into consideration the fact that they're putting it into a 5500 pound truck.

Wouldn't anyone with a RAM be better off choosing the Cummins diesel anyway?

Fourth Horseman
11-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Sort of like a 4.6 liter DOHC with 302+ horsepower sounds really respectable until you take into consideration the fact that they're putting it into a 4200 pound car? :D

I'm only teasing. I just couldn't resist. Hehe. Hey, laugh with me here people, at least you all HAVE your Marauders.:)

SILVERMARAUDER
11-17-2003, 02:59 PM
I smoked one of those HIMI guys on the hwy with my EX GSP POLICE Mustang it is all stock with over 200k AND AUTOMATIC :( he looked amazed! And his girl ashamed! :) And i think the MM SHOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM EITHER!

jgc61sr2002
11-17-2003, 04:14 PM
RC - You sure get around.:D

mtnh
11-17-2003, 04:49 PM
I have to admit that reading that one string was very tiring. Do people really think like that? "Whatever you do, don't buy a Ford". Mhyst all Crighty.

engine23ccvfd
11-17-2003, 05:14 PM
I wonder how well the Hemi will perform in the new Durango...anyone know its weight?

RCSignals
11-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by mtnh
I have to admit that reading that one string was very tiring. Do people really think like that? "Whatever you do, don't buy a Ford". Mhyst all Crighty.

They seem to.

I read another thread from a guy who owns a Denali. The gist of his thread was that he had been given a new Ford F150 as a rental/loaner. He posted that he hoped he got his Denali back because he didn't like having to drive a FORD, even though he said it was an "OK" truck
Others replied just completely knocking the Ford, went on about recalls, quality etc. Competely ignoring that this Denali had experienced a wad of problems and was in for it's third fuel pump!
Go figure

merc
11-17-2003, 07:59 PM
I saw a new 5.7 Hemi truck on the dyno and the thing only has 252 to the rear wheels. It's open season for this vehicle, it's a 3 truck limit guys. So if you run one down just place a Marauder Marauder.net sticker on the tailgate to notify other members that he is already used goods.:burnout:

Taggart: I got it! I got it!
Hedley Lamarr: You do?
Taggart: We'll work up a 'Number 6' on 'em.
Hedley Lamarr: 'Number 6'? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one....
Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' car that moves within an inch of its life. Except the Chevy folks, of course.
Hedley Lamarr: You spare the Chevys?
Taggart: Naw! We smoke the the sh@t out of them at the 'Number 6 Drag Race in Atlanta ' later on!
Hedley Lamarr: Marvellous!

MAD-3R
11-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by merc

Taggart: I got it! I got it!
Hedley Lamarr: You do?
Taggart: We'll work up a 'Number 6' on 'em.
Hedley Lamarr: 'Number 6'? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one....
Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' car that moves within an inch of its life. Except the Chevy folks, of course.
Hedley Lamarr: You spare the Chevys?
Taggart: Naw! We smoke the the sh@t out of them at the 'Number 6 Drag Race in Atlanta ' later on!
Hedley Lamarr: Marvellous!

I about pied my briches when I read that... :lol:

deerejoe
11-18-2003, 07:59 AM
I presently OWN a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi.
The truck quit on me at less than 4K miles...stranded, confused but NOT abandoned.
DCs road service was FAST, EFFICIENT and courteous.

The LOANER vehicle was of MY choosing...new Intrepid.

On the third day my truck was ready to go...having suffered nothing more damaging than some mysterious electrical glitch(s).

The dealer changed the oil/filter, hand washed the vehicle and delivered it with cheerful courtesy + additional coupons for 12 FREE oil/filter/lubes!!

Folks, ALL of today's vehicles are subject to glitches when you BEGIN to consider ALL the technology involved with the functioning of the subject vehicle.
What YOU have to consider is the SELLING DEALER and whether they will SERVICE WHAT THEY SELL.
Products are only as good as the service after the sale!!

I challenge any "shade tree" mechanic to use old style methods with today's new technology. Those days are history.
I had my choice AND the CASH to buy ANY truck on the market for my farm...I chose Dodge because of DEALER SERVICE.

The Dodge (Hemi engined) truck poses no more jeopardy/concern to me than the Mercury Marauder that is berthed next to it......I have chosen BOTH due to their respective selling dealers and the confidence I have in their ability to perform ANY necessary service should the need arise.

mtnh
11-18-2003, 10:38 AM
And that's the way it should be, deere; you choose what you need and cross brands as necessary, it's a no-brainer. But, people that despise a brand without even considering its merits can be acting in a foolhardy manner. If you've been burned in the past by a brand, so be it, but if you've never tried it and knock it for whatever reason, you only end up limiting yourself.

(and thanks for keeping that Ram info out of your signature!) :-) j/k Mike