PDA

View Full Version : A few wedding pics of my own

illwood
04-15-2010, 06:40 AM
This past summer (June 21st, 2009 to be exact) my wife (Amber) and I tied the knot.

Since there seems to be a bit of interest in member weddings, I thought I would post up a few pictures.

The Chapel

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/illwood/Wedding%201/Chapel.jpg

This is the Martha-Mary Chapel at the Wayside Inn that is located in Sudbury, MA. The bit of history of the chapel is that Henry Ford (yes, that one) had it built when he was owner of the Inn in honor of his and his wife's mother (Mary and Martha respectively). I made mention to my wife that we were getting married in the church that Ford built and I was given a big sigh and an eye roll. . . :rolleyes:

Who needs a limo?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/illwood/Wedding%201/Arrive01.jpg

My wife being brought to the chapel in my Marauder, driven by my Best Man, Mike.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/illwood/Wedding%201/Arrive02.jpg

The happy couple

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/illwood/Wedding%201/Us.jpg

A nice sepia shot of us just after we said our vows.

Egon Spengler
04-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Looking good! Sorry we never met even though you LIVED in the area! I wish you guys the best!

RoyLPita
04-15-2010, 06:59 AM
:congrats: on the nuptials. I hope for many years of love, happiness, and fun together for you both.

Motorhead350
04-15-2010, 07:10 AM
So the people with the silver cars get married?

What happens with the people with the black cars?

RoyLPita
04-15-2010, 07:18 AM

Some of us made a choice. Let's just say that the cars that I have owned have lasted longer than my friendships/relationships with women.

I'm also one of those E-Harmony people who are in " A class by himself."

The last person I dated before I got my MM was not worth it.

Plus I live in an area where the wonderful ones are spoken for and the rest of the female demographic is getting uglier on the inside day after day.

Larry Durham
04-15-2010, 07:42 AM
:congrats: For some reason I thought you had left the area.

Haggis
04-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Some of us made a choice. Let's just say that the cars that I have owned have lasted longer than my friendships/relationships with women.

Plus I live in an area where the wonderful ones are spoken for and the rest of the female demographic is getting uglier on the inside day after day.

You should check out Marty's Russian mail order brides websites.

LIGHTNIN1
04-15-2010, 08:02 AM

Funny:rofl:

Motorhead350
04-15-2010, 08:07 AM

HA! We should write a book, but try to keep to 500 pages or less.

GAMike
04-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Wow illwood.... That's the town I grew up in (not too far from there either).... Know the chapel, Wayside Inn, and Grist Mill very well. You must of had to pull some strings to get your wedding at the Martha Mary Chapel. Nice going.:bows: I know the time slots are very coveted.....

My father used to be close freinds with the Innkeeper of the Wayside Inn back in the day. Every Tuesday nite there was a room reserved for a long standing card game (Poker, Cribbage, Pinochle) that my father used to attend. It's said the game was over 100 years old.........

Belated congrats on your marrige. Hopefully Getting married at the Martha Mary Chapel will be a good luck charm for you both:beer:

LeoVampire
04-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I hope it stays a loving and carrring one for many many years to come!

You want to celibrate your silver aniversary with that Silver Marauder.

:beer:

Bluerauder
04-15-2010, 09:59 AM
This past summer (June 21st, 2009 to be exact) my wife (Amber) and I tied the knot.

Belated congratulations to you and your bride. :congrats:

Very picturesque chapel and photo ops.

BTW --- DO NOT forget your 1st Anniversary ..... or the 2nd, or the 3rd, or the 4th .... you get the idea. There is NO statute of limitations EVER on forgetting an Anniversary.

Egon Spengler
04-15-2010, 10:08 AM
He did leave the area! He is GONE! Good to see you posting!!!

:congrats: For some reason I thought you had left the area.

illwood
04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Yeah, gone from Mass right now.

To those of you that inquired, I'm currently in Northern Virginia while my wife is finishing up some grad school. Don't worry, we'll be back in New England in just over a year.

Not to mention driving up to visit every few months.

Bluerauder
04-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah, gone from Mass right now.

To those of you that inquired, I'm currently in Northern Virginia while my wife is finishing up some grad school. Don't worry, we'll be back in New England in just over a year.

Not to mention driving up to visit every few months.

Where at in Northern Virginia? .... is she at George Mason?. Lots of us MM owners in this neck of the woods.

illwood
04-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm in the Fair Lakes region of Fairfax. She's at American in D.C., but she taught some fall semester courses at Mason and is currently teaching Plebe English at the Naval Academy (so she's got a bit of a drive 3 days a week).

I'm planning on meeting most of the CAM members at Bert's next Sunday.

TAKEDOWN
04-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Lookin' good there beautiful bride and beautiful MARAUDER!

Ms. Denmark
04-15-2010, 01:30 PM

They FAIL!:P:D:D

Plus I live in an area where the wonderful ones are spoken for and the rest of the female demographic is getting uglier on the inside day after day.Brian, you sound so jaded. LOL There's nothing wrong with you...........you're just driving the wrong color Marauder!! :coolman:

Illwood, your pictures are wonderful! And your taste in brides and cars is impeccable!!! Congratulations and best wishes on a long, happy live together!

RoyLPita
04-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Just to let you know, Where I work, the photos are blocked. However, at home, I was able to view them and they are a wonderful part of the album. Kudos to the photographer. :2thumbs:

massacre
04-16-2010, 07:04 AM
Congratulations.
Being married is awesome.

TCBO1
04-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Wow!! What a beautiful chapel! And by the Ford man himself!! That is awesome! You of course have the best colour car around ;) (imo)
I looooovvee the black and white photo, I have always been a fan of them. Your wife looked stunning in her gown! Congradulations to you!! We are in SoMd so not too far away.

TCBO1
04-16-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm in the Fair Lakes region of Fairfax. She's at American in D.C., but she taught some fall semester courses at Mason and is currently teaching Plebe English at the Naval Academy (so she's got a bit of a drive 3 days a week).

I'm planning on meeting most of the CAM members at Bert's next Sunday.

Hey cool!! A friend of mine, Jessica, is teaching English at the Academy as well. She said she would rather teach there than at the University and the two other colleges she teaches at.

Mr. Man
04-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey cool!! A friend of mine, Jessica, is teaching English at the Academy as well. She said she would rather teach there than at the University and the two other colleges she teaches at.Your friend the English teacher would also tell you not to end your sentences with a preposition Nat:D:P

TCBO1
04-17-2010, 05:14 AM
yes, yes she would... that would be why she is the english teacher and i skimmed thru all my english classes with either Cs or Bs.:P

UAW 588
04-17-2010, 05:58 AM

They get burried in them.

TooManyFords
04-17-2010, 06:41 AM
You should check out Marty's Russian mail order brides websites.
Do you have a link? http://www.cvmusclecars.com/images/smilies/Smilies0309/lookaround.gif

illwood
04-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey cool!! A friend of mine, Jessica, is teaching English at the Academy as well. She said she would rather teach there than at the University and the two other colleges she teaches at.

Yeah, my wife loves teaching at the Academy. She has taught as an adjunct at several colleges and universities, both state and private, and she way prefers the Academy. The students are there because they want it, not like some places where students are in college because their parents' can afford it.

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!