PDA

View Full Version : Added ANOTHER one to the driveway

Black_Noise
04-16-2010, 05:38 PM
So I now have something to drive every (working) day of the week. :beer:

This one is the new DD, dont care about gravel, rain, parking in parking lots... etc. and it get a hell of a lot better MPGs than the Ram on the 35+ mile city/hwy comute.

Its already been nicknamed the "Gran dAmit"

(sorry for the crappy pics they are from the cell phone)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/black300a/Grand%20Am/IMAGE_058.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/black300a/Grand%20Am/IMAGE_059.jpg

Black Dynamite
04-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Looks like it's in good shape, which is rare for a used Pontiac. Man those three spoke wheels look dated though!

So where are you working now that you have to commute?

TAKEDOWN
04-17-2010, 10:26 AM
"Gran Damit" it's a pleasure to meet you, please take care of your new owner!

ctrlraven
04-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Borla makes a cat-back for it.

LeoVampire
04-17-2010, 10:41 AM
For a beater it is okay I guess.

It's hard being a Ford guy to own something else other than but nothing wrong with a paid for car that gets you from point A to B safe and you do not have to pump a ton of money into it.

I hope it treats you well!

ctrlraven
04-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Throw a 180 t-stat in it right away and get the coolant flushed if its not already been done. The motors are known to blow head gaskets also.

Black_Noise
04-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Looks like it's in good shape, which is rare for a used Pontiac. Man those three spoke wheels look dated though!

So where are you working now that you have to commute?

Same place, Ken Wise. Still turning a wrench, We do lose our GM side on 10/10/2010, we have all switched over to our HONDA uniforms already :(, but we still work on GM stuff and still will after.

Borla makes a cat-back for it.

Borla = $$$

Throw a 180 t-stat in it right away and get the coolant flushed if its not already been done. The motors are known to blow head gaskets also.

Mainly intake gaskets, which have already been done before I got it. If I have to I could do the head gaskets on a saturday at work. But a 180 stat isnt a bad idea.