PDA

View Full Version : Worst shooter ever award!

CBT
04-23-2010, 11:04 AM
He shoots the guy twice with a stun gun, then 3 times with a regular gun, and the guy doesn't even have life threatening injuries?!?

Police: Officer Fires Stun Gun, Shoots Man

POSTED: 8:38 am EDT April 23, 2010

GLEN BURNIE, Md. -- Anne Arundel County police said an officer fired his stun gun and shot a man approaching him waving an unknown object.
Police spokesman Justin Mulcahy said the officer patrolling on Elvation Road at about 10:20 p.m. Thursday spotted a man jumping on a minivan.
Mulcahy said a woman jumped out of the van, and the man attacked her. That's when the officer approached and ordered the man to stop, but he did not.
The officer fired his stun gun twice, but both times, the man pulled out the probes.
Mulcahy said the man grabbed an unknown object from the road and waved it above his head as he approached the officer. The officer fired his gun three times.
The man was taken to Shock Trauma with injuries that are described as not life-threatening. The officer was not injured.

Egon Spengler
04-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Sounds like Dom lucked out!

Oh Maryland... Nevermind

Hey Bawazir.... MARYland! You seem to like the name Mary so much...

Just sayin....

ImpalaSlayer
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Sounds like Dom lucked out!

Oh Maryland... Nevermind

Hey Bawazir.... MARYland! You seem to like the name Mary so much...

Just sayin....

hey, screw you, they can keep him outwest

LIGHTNIN1
04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
One bullit should have done it. This guy needs some range time.

Egon Spengler
04-23-2010, 01:29 PM
One bullit should have done it. This guy needs some range time.
No wonder why he can't keep a girlfriend....;)

-Matt-
04-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Was it bawazir?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/1268280332346.jpg

LeoVampire
04-23-2010, 07:58 PM
It's called proper use of force.

You are to try and stop the person with non leathal use of force if the option is available to you when no one is being directly attacked @ that moment.

Shoot for the shoulder and the meaty part of the leg to disable the person when possable.

That officer did his job properly.

Motorhead350
04-23-2010, 08:03 PM
I NEVER hit women.

Vortex
04-24-2010, 08:16 AM
If you are crazy enough you wont feel the stunguns or tazers. Its not all that rare to survive multiple pistol rounds if they dont hit vital areas.

TAKEDOWN
04-24-2010, 10:45 AM
LOL, g00d one -Matt-!

CBT
04-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Shoot for the shoulder and the meaty part of the head to disable the person when possable.

More like it :beer:

Taemian
04-25-2010, 04:24 PM
It's called proper use of force.

You are to try and stop the person with non leathal use of force if the option is available to you when no one is being directly attacked @ that moment.

Shoot for the shoulder and the meaty part of the leg to disable the person when possable.

That officer did his job properly.

Warning: Officer safety rant ahead. (HUGE pet peeve of mine)

Wow, glad I never had you to back me up. I think you're more Superman than most officers if you expect to hit the meaty part of the leg or shoulder of an individual who's pulled out the Taser probes TWICE.

When the individual moved towards the officer in a threatening manner, it changed from indiscriminate violence to a directed/intended attack. And since he was in contact range for Tasers (25-30'), he was inside the 21' circle. (Which has also been proven to be a stupidly low estimation of safe distance preceding an attack, and has been widely discredited. Same as aiming COM!) That should've been enough justification for you right there.

Sounds like you're part of the new breed who fears both litigation and your chief, more than being assaulted, injured or killed. I'd say the officer in the story was lucky to be alive.

Shooting to disable is a stupid Hollywood myth, and I have NEVER seen or heard of it being taught in any academy/depot/barracks. If you have to shoot, it should ONLY intended to be deadly force. Period. If they survive, then lucky for them (and poor shooting on your part), but that should never be any officer's intention. If you've been taught by your dept that shooting to wound is an option, get the hell out of there since the lunatics are obviously running the asylum. They are setting you up to fail, and to die. Being there for your family is worth more than that to you.

Also, sounds like this officer did the also outdated "shoot two, then assess" protocol. If you are a LEO, you of all people must know the amount of time a mortally wounded suspect can continue the fight. Most accounts range from 10-30 seconds unless they are struck multiple times in the mediastinium. How many rounds can you pump out in 10 seconds?

We had an OIS here a few weeks back. Suspect pulled a stop sign AND a diectional sign right out of the ground with the concrete bases still attached. He then moved towards the officer in a threatening manner. When asked why he shot the suspect 8 times, he replied "Because I didn't have nine rounds." Chief backed him up even before the coroner's report showed insane amont of chemicals in the suspect's system. The officer didn't like the thought of being bludgeoned to death with a traffic sign, and realized it was a distinct possibility.

Who the **** cares if the family sues the department? Or you? If that's even a consideration in your mind, you need to consider a new line of work. Be a warrior first, then a public servant second.

I really hope you work for a minor league, small staff department if this kind of thinking has been engrained into you.

If you need ANY officer safety resources, let me know. It really scares me to think that today's officers are being brainwashed to consider a suspects safety more than their own. Don't buy into it, your family just might thank you for it one day.

"Be polite, be courteous, and have a plan on how to kill each person you meet during your shift." That's how WE were introduced to the the officer safety section as rookies.

LeoVampire
04-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Warning: Officer safety rant ahead. (HUGE pet peeve of mine)

Wow, glad I never had you to back me up. I think you're more Superman than most officers if you expect to hit the meaty part of the leg or shoulder of an individual who's pulled out the Taser probes TWICE.

When the individual moved towards the officer in a threatening manner, it changed from indiscriminate violence to a directed/intended attack. And since he was in contact range for Tasers (25-30'), he was inside the 21' circle. (Which has also been proven to be a stupidly low estimation of safe distance preceding an attack, and has been widely discredited. Same as aiming COM!) That should've been enough justification for you right there.

Sounds like you're part of the new breed who fears both litigation and your chief, more than being assaulted, injured or killed. I'd say the officer in the story was lucky to be alive.

Shooting to disable is a stupid Hollywood myth, and I have NEVER seen or heard of it being taught in any academy/depot/barracks. If you have to shoot, it should ONLY intended to be deadly force. Period. If they survive, then lucky for them (and poor shooting on your part), but that should never be any officer's intention. If you've been taught by your dept that shooting to wound is an option, get the hell out of there since the lunatics are obviously running the asylum. They are setting you up to fail, and to die. Being there for your family is worth more than that to you.

Also, sounds like this officer did the also outdated "shoot two, then assess" protocol. If you are a LEO, you of all people must know the amount of time a mortally wounded suspect can continue the fight. Most accounts range from 10-30 seconds unless they are struck multiple times in the mediastinium. How many rounds can you pump out in 10 seconds?

We had an OIS here a few weeks back. Suspect pulled a stop sign AND a diectional sign right out of the ground with the concrete bases still attached. He then moved towards the officer in a threatening manner. When asked why he shot the suspect 8 times, he replied "Because I didn't have nine rounds." Chief backed him up even before the coroner's report showed insane amont of chemicals in the suspect's system. The officer didn't like the thought of being bludgeoned to death with a traffic sign, and realized it was a distinct possibility.

Who the **** cares if the family sues the department? Or you? If that's even a consideration in your mind, you need to consider a new line of work. Be a warrior first, then a public servant second.

I really hope you work for a minor league, small staff department if this kind of thinking has been engrained into you.

If you need ANY officer safety resources, let me know. It really scares me to think that today's officers are being brainwashed to consider a suspects safety more than their own. Don't buy into it, your family just might thank you for it one day.

"Be polite, be courteous, and have a plan on how to kill each person you meet during your shift." That's how WE were introduced to the the officer safety section as rookies.

Proper use of force was taught to me in the Army in my Military Police training.

After all that time what ever the guy was holding up to suposedly use on the officer or thretening him with he never got close enough to use it and the officer stoped him without the use of deadly force.

after every shooting incident there is always an investigation to see if what you did was justified.

If I thought someone's life was in direct danger yes I would shoot to kill.

But we do not know all of the info on what happend here and some of it was vague in the report.

But as an officer if you can avoid taking a life your supose to do that.

CBT
04-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Here's a different way to look at it. If you are getting your head kicked in by someone, would you want the Police to:
A) Try and calm the suspect with soothing talk and perhaps some aroma-therapy.
B) Taser him, then repeat step A if needed.
C) Taser him twice, contemplate getting a bigger taser.
(Keep in mind, this guy is still kicking your azz, you are still choking on your own teeth, laying in a puddle of your own pee, with a snot bubble coming out of your nose)
D) Shoot to mildly injure the suspect, then apologize and induce aroma therapy.
E) Blow his head completely off his shoulders with a large caliber weapon.

Not picking on ya Leovamp, but I don't know how you could chose anything but option E.

LeoVampire
04-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Here's a different way to look at it. If you are getting your head kicked in by someone, would you want the Police to:

A) Try and calm the suspect with soothing talk and perhaps some aroma-therapy.
B) Taser him, then repeat step A if needed.
C) Taser him twice, contemplate getting a bigger taser.
(Keep in mind, this guy is still kicking your azz, you are still choking on your own teeth, laying in a puddle of your own pee, with a snot bubble coming out of your nose)
D) Shoot to mildly injure the suspect, then apologize and induce aroma therapy.
E) Blow his head completely off his shoulders with a large caliber weapon.

Not picking on ya Leovamp, but I don't know how you could chose anything but option E.

What your asking is not the info originaly posted about this incident your talking about a differnt situation.

Quickly come up behind the guy while yelling police with your baton out and stop what the guy is doing to the other person instantly is what might happen with what you just stated for a question.

If the man remaind combative as I tryed to arrest him then he would be put into total submission faster than he could think point blank.

It's hard to judge what is right or wrong sometimes when things are happening fast but that is what you are trained for to make quick and decisive decisions to handle the situation.

If you have time without risk of injury to others you find a way to keep anyone and everyone out of harms way. To protect is the first rule of thumb by which ever means works best for that situation.

There are times it is hard to keep your cool of course. We had a situation where we answerd a call to a crying baby and found a Major standing over the crib of his now dead baby with multiple cigar burns all over the baby's body.

Needless to say before we got to the station he did a lot of falling and resisting arrest or aprehension as we called it and needed some serious treament @ the hospital.

BTW during the investigation of the incident we were given lie detector tests and all ended up with a writ that stayed on our records for a year for not maintaining control of the situation and a half pay loss for 6 months by our Colonel the Provomarshal on the base. And for improper use of force a writ that stayed with us forever on our record.

CBT
04-26-2010, 03:58 AM
<H1 class=Headline>I can't help but wonder, would she rather they tasered him?

Police Kill Man As He Attacks Woman With Hammer

Officer Placed On Leave While Shooting Investigated

POSTED: 12:20 pm EDT April 25, 2010
UPDATED: 6:36 pm EDT April 25, 2010

http://www.wlwt.com/sh/images/hearst/icons/email_story_icon.gif Email (javascript:popUp('http://cf.wlwt.com/cin/sh/toafriend/index.cfm?page=http://www.wlwt.com/news/23259349/detail.html','width=490,height =275');)http://www.wlwt.com/sh/images/hearst/icons/print_story_icon.gif Print (http://www.wlwt.com/news/23259349/detail.html#)
http://www.wlwt.com/sh/images/hearst/icons/ulocal_story_icon.gif Comments (http://www.wlwt.com/news/23259349/detail.html#COMMENTTOP)(19) (http://www.wlwt.com/news/23259349/detail.html#COMMENTTOP)

http://www.wlwt.com/sh/images/hearst/buttons/share_icons.gif (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=hearsttv)

HAMILTON, Ohio -- Hamilton police shot and killed a man Sunday morning as he beat a woman with a hammer.

Officers were called shortly before 4 a.m. to an apartment in the 2000 block of Princeton Road, where they interrupted the attack.
Police said the 25-year-old man continued beating the woman after they ordered him to stop.
"The officers ordered him to drop the hammer, and instead of dropping the hammer, he continued assaulting the victim," said Sgt. Craig Bucheit, of Hamilton police.
An officer shot the man once in the chest, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 23-year-old woman suffered serious head injuries in the attack, authorities said, and was taken by helicopter to Miami Valley Hospital.
Police have not yet released the names of the man or woman.
The police officer who shot the suspect has been placed on routine administrative leave while the shooting is investigated.
Neighbors said the woman had moved into the apartment building Friday.
</H1>

Taemian
04-30-2010, 09:19 PM
What your asking is not the info originaly posted about this incident your talking about a differnt situation.

Quickly come up behind the guy while yelling police with your baton out and stop what the guy is doing to the other person instantly is what might happen with what you just stated for a question.

If the man remaind combative as I tryed to arrest him then he would be put into total submission faster than he could think point blank.

It's hard to judge what is right or wrong sometimes when things are happening fast but that is what you are trained for to make quick and decisive decisions to handle the situation.

If you have time without risk of injury to others you find a way to keep anyone and everyone out of harms way. To protect is the first rule of thumb by which ever means works best for that situation.

There are times it is hard to keep your cool of course. We had a situation where we answerd a call to a crying baby and found a Major standing over the crib of his now dead baby with multiple cigar burns all over the baby's body.

Needless to say before we got to the station he did a lot of falling and resisting arrest or aprehension as we called it and needed some serious treament @ the hospital.

BTW during the investigation of the incident we were given lie detector tests and all ended up with a writ that stayed on our records for a year for not maintaining control of the situation and a half pay loss for 6 months by our Colonel the Provomarshal on the base. And for improper use of force a writ that stayed with us forever on our record.

I agree that we don't have all the pertinant info. But you seem to have missed alot of what the article in the first post actually said.

Let's just try your methods on the actual incident in question. You say quickly come up behind the guy? The officer had no such opportunity in the given example. You say submit him super-fast if he resists? Really? Anyone who can take the Five Second Ride not once but twice, would be more than you could handle, bet on that. Most methmen can handle 3 or 4 officers at once, but I'm guessing you didn't have much experience like that if you're an MP. I had a 120lbs addict push me against a wall so hard while resisting that it nearly knocked the wind out of me.

I imagine you've seen and been put in more ugly situations like you mentioned, and I understand. I've been to that same place and will never forgive the people responsible for giving me memories I never asked for and will never forget.

You say that to protect is the first rule. You must protect yourself above all others, never forget that. It's like responding to a 10-13 and getting into an accident on the way there...if you can't make it there safely, you might as well have never shown up. If you arrive on scene and have any other mindset than your own safety first, and then something happens to you, it would have been better for you to duck the call. Had this officer not (mostlikely) panic-fired, the Tazeredx2 guy would've had access to a firearm.

We need YOU to be the safest person involved at the call. Good guys are getting harder and harder to find.

Finally, thank you for your service.

Blackmobile
04-30-2010, 10:38 PM
You guys make me wonder, How did they do it in England, armed only with a nigthstick & a whistle?

Taemian
05-01-2010, 05:54 AM
You guys make me wonder, How did they do it in England, armed only with a nigthstick & a whistle?

Everything is relative. Guns are few and far between in the general public, there's no 2nd Ammendment over there...or here in Canada for that matter. That's why there are significantly less gun crimes/murders in these Commonwealth nations. Both are changing, though.

Of course, there are significantly MORE knifing and beating deaths across the pond, percentage-wise. People will kill other people with whatever tools are usable at the time. It's just a numbers game.

England has additional sentencing where a gun is involved in a crime, and it's significant. That's why robberies and such are main done at knife-point or with a blunt object ie baseball bat.

Up here in Canuckistan, we have a cross-border gun smuggling issue that's only getting worse, and our laws don't yet reflect gun-involved crime. As a side note, all our Customs officers were never armed with more than an Asp and pepper spray until a few years ago. We are now only going through the process of getting most 10k Customs officers trained and armed. There were only 2 armed Customs units in Canada's history, and I was in one. We had to fly so low under the radar that we were pretty much digging tunnels.:censor: