PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Mod Inquiry!

Egon Spengler
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Looking to see if any marauders were made with the rear doors shown below... If not, how hard would it be to make this modification.

Thank you in advance for your help
http://www.riolimousine.net/2005_lincoln_town_car_L_series _019.jpg

justbob
04-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Nobody has, AJ.

fastblackmerc
04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
That looks like the stretched panther chassis.

I believe no Marauders were made on that platform.

It would be cool though.... extra legroom in the back seat.

Blackened300a
04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Nobody has, AJ.

:lol:

Do a search, Im sure you'll find a thread on this and a AWD conversion. :rolleyes:

Egon Spengler
04-23-2010, 04:14 PM
There is definitely limited leg room in the back seat. Need more... Was just curious.

What is this AJ you speak of?

nomad
04-23-2010, 04:17 PM

He was a relative of Bowzer, I believe.

Egon Spengler
04-23-2010, 04:19 PM
He was a relative of Bowzer, I believe.
Was he the ketmaster, or the gatekeeper, or something???

justbob
AJmorin82. He's one of pure awesomeness, but a really bad thread starter.

Krytin
Please Don't start that again!!!

SC Cheesehead
04-23-2010, 06:18 PM
:lol:

Do a search, Im sure you'll find a thread on this and a AWD conversion. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but I think those got put on hold right before his "departure," along with the CVT install on an S/C'd Marauder, and the engineered retrofit of the Romulan cloaking device or whatever the heck that invisibility deal was...

Mr. Man
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Invisibility FTW?? Ooooooooooh I want that for my car too:banana::banana:

hot-rauder
04-23-2010, 06:38 PM
AJ had the only AWD S/C Marauder L. That and one hell of a Phaeton.

Haggis
04-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Invisibility FTW?? Ooooooooooh I want that for my car too:banana::banana:

Drive your car in Maryland it will be invisible, nobody pays attention to who is next to them on the road. Their too busy talking on their cell phones.

ctrlraven
04-26-2010, 05:48 AM
That looks like the stretched panther chassis.

I believe no Marauders were made on that platform.

It would be cool though.... extra legroom in the back seat.
Yeah that is a LWB (Long Wheel Base) panther TC, rear doors will not fit.

If you want leg room get shorter or buy something else with leg room. lol

My 08 Taurus has TONS of rear room even with the front seats all the way back.

Egon Spengler
04-26-2010, 06:03 AM
But I want to mod my marauder. I would rather pay the extra money to mod my marauder than to buy a town car.

Can I get a extended chassis and with a little body work, extend the bidy to fit that door in there? I am also looking into a lift kit for it and AWD front ends...

Yeah that is a LWB (Long Wheel Base) panther TC, rear doors will not fit.

If you want leg room get shorter or buy something else with leg room. lol

My 08 Taurus has TONS of rear room even with the front seats all the way back.

fastblackmerc
04-26-2010, 06:06 AM
But I want to mod my marauder. I would rather pay the extra money to mod my marauder than to buy a town car.

Can I get a extended chassis and with a little body work, extend the bidy to fit that door in there? I am also looking into a lift kit for it and AWD front ends...

With enough coin.... anything is possible.

CBT
04-26-2010, 06:10 AM
There is definitely limited leg room in the back seat. Need more... Was just curious.

Did you fall and bang your head? It looks just like our car does! And why do YOU need more legroom in the backseat, you should be driving. This post must be a joke. ;)

ctrlraven
04-26-2010, 06:16 AM

No, there is not enough room between the wheels. The LWB chassis is exactly that it has a longer space between the front and rear wheels.

L Edition (2001 - present)
The "L" designation is used on Lincoln Town Cars with extended wheelbases. The L editions offer an additional six inches (152 mm) of rear-seat legroom, as well as remote access audio and climate controls mounted in the rear center armrest. Also included is a two-way travel switch for the front passenger seat base (a feature shared with the extended-wheelbase Jaguar XJ). This L designation is similar to that used on other luxury flagship sedans such as the BMW 7-Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_7-Series) or the Mercedes-Benz S-Class (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_S-Class). The L designation was applied to the top-of-line Cartier (2003), Ultimate (2004 only), and Signature (2005 - present) Series trim levels. For the 2001-02 versions, the "L" edition can best be identified by a wide, stationary gloss-black panel bearing the Lincoln "star" ornament, mounted forward of the window glass on the elongated rear doors. The "L" version from 2003 and onward features extended-width fixed opera windows.

Have fun trying to add 6 inches to your Marauder.

CBT
04-26-2010, 06:31 AM
No, there is not enough room between the wheels. The LWB chassis is exactly that it has a longer space between the front and rear wheels.

Have fun trying to add 6 inches to your Marauder.

That's what she said. :alone:

Egon Spengler
04-26-2010, 06:43 AM
You guys are crazy... I am going home after work and I am going to find a extend my chassis myself! I am going to take the body off the frame and take a sawzall to the body at the rear doors and extend the body. I am going to take a torch to the frame and get some square stock steel and extend the chassis. This project can be done in a months time.

SC Cheesehead
04-26-2010, 06:44 AM
You guys are crazy... I am going home after work and I am going to find a extend my chassis myself! I am going to take the body off the frame and take a sawzall to the body at the rear doors and extend the body. I am going to take a torch to the frame and get some square stock steel and extend the chassis. This project can be done in a months time.

Contact Haggis for detailed info on the B pillar mod, you're gonna need that as well.

LeoVampire
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM

Contact a company that make's limmo's and or does limmo conversions and ask them what it would cost or involve.

Egon Spengler
04-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I was just kidding guys... Trying to be "ArenJay" is all... I miss the crazy bastard, but Bazzlebear is coming in a close 2nd!!!

BUCKWHEAT
04-26-2010, 06:07 PM
the ford crown vic taxicabs in nyc have the longer WB and back doors. get a cab and do the MM conversion. you will end up with a taxi that looks like an MM but will be one of a kind.

I prefer telling people what they can do, not what they can't do.

Egon Spengler
04-26-2010, 07:09 PM
the ford crown vic taxicabs in nyc have the longer WB and back doors. get a cab and do the MM conversion. you will end up with a taxi that looks like an MM but will be one of a kind.

I prefer telling people what they can do, not what they can't do.
It started out as a joke, but after reading this, I kind of wonder what it would look like and how it would be! It would definitely be one of a kind!

1stMerc
04-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah, but I think those got put on hold right before his "departure," along with the CVT install on an S/C'd Marauder, and the engineered retrofit of the Romulan cloaking device or whatever the heck that invisibility deal was...

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/cloaking_device.jpg
Federation interphase cloaking device
Cloaking is said to require so much power that a vessel can't use weapons (or, in early episodes, also warp drive (http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/W/warp_drive.html)) unless it first de-cloaks.

Probably just enough room in the trunk.

Haggis
04-27-2010, 03:55 AM
I was just kidding guys... Trying to be "ArenJay" is all... I miss the crazy bastard, but Bazzlebear is coming in a close 2nd!!!

I'm still working on the Marauder Ranchero 4x4 conversion, running into a funds problem at the time.

CBT
04-27-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm still working on the Marauder Ranchero 4x4 conversion, running into a funds problem at the time.

You could sell part of your Rainbow Brite doll collection.

Haggis
04-27-2010, 04:10 AM
You could sell part of your Rainbow Brite doll collection.

My what? Never heard of it.