PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Survive the Floods in Houston?

Ross
11-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Hey Ray, Engine, Alan, everybody else. Any damage from the floods? Everybody safe? Took 90 minutes to get home from work instead of the usual 30. Lights were out for 5 hours. Check in to let us know you're ok, and that you didn't lose your MM driving through high water.

engine23ccvfd
11-18-2003, 10:12 AM
I was sweating the high water...wife has the car while I am in Calgary. She took the long way home to avoid the creeks and such she usualy crosses.....Supposed to get several inches of snow tomorrow...yeah! Bad news I will probably be here through the weekend..was supposed to leave today :)

Doorknob
11-18-2003, 05:36 PM
Those tornadoes in Sugar Land went right over my house! Luckily the Marauder wasn't home.

TJH-Houston
11-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Got home fine, and didn't need the ark, thankfully. I stayed at work until about 8 pm, then radio station gave me hint to take San Philipe out to west tollway, instead of regular 610 to 290W. I was home (Grant and Jones) in 40 minutes. Very cool especially compared to my buddy who took over 4 hours to make it his home from the medical center!

I was recently looking into a new house near Cypress Creek, but this was a reminder that Houston is not the area to take on flood plain risks.

Glad to hear you guys made it thru OK also.

Tim

:cool: