PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you hear about the attempted car bombing in N.Y.'s time square?

LeoVampire
05-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Pakistani group claims NYC car bomb responsibility

Here is a link to the article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_times_square_car_bomb

Ms. Denmark
05-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Heard it on the news this morning. I've been surprised that this hasn't happened before now. Having lived and worked in Manhattan before, during and after 9/11, I can tell you that New Yorkers are a tough, resilient bunch. They have weathered every storm and risen above every obstacle. Thank God the forces of evil failed this time. But history tells us they are likely to try again. All New Yorkers live with the knowledge that their city is a target but it doesn't stop anyone from living their lives and loving New York.

guspech750
05-02-2010, 12:46 PM
No. But I have seen the Bombing the Yankees are doing on the White Sox.
Thankfully nothing happened.

Go2GuyFL
05-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Maybe now Americans will begin to understand what urban daily living is like for Israelis. Be grateful our soldiers are fighting Jihadist Muslims and the likes of the Taliban half-way around the world rather than here in the United States.

SpartaPerformance
05-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Been on the news here all day.

FordNut
05-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Another terrorist attack thwarted by their own incompetence. Like the underwear bomber, if they knew what they were doing they would have succeeded.

Blackened300a
05-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Another terrorist attack thwarted by their own incompetence. Like the underwear bomber, if they knew what they were doing they would have succeeded.

Security is very tight all over the city so either way, pulling something like this off will be difficult.

FordNut
05-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Security is very tight all over the city so either way, pulling something like this off will be difficult.

What do you mean? Seems to me he pulled it off but didn't know how to build a proper IED. He set it off but it didn't explode.

ImpalaSlayer
05-02-2010, 03:55 PM
What do you mean? Seems to me he pulled it off but didn't know how to build a proper IED. He set it off but it didn't explode.

so much for his virgins....

FordNut
05-02-2010, 03:58 PM
so much for his virgins....

I doubt that it was actually Islamic extremists since he left the car. More likely a McVeigh type attempt.

Mr. Man
05-02-2010, 04:15 PM
so much for his virgins....I mailed him your address:D

Krytin
05-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I doubt that it was actually Islamic extremists since he left the car. More likely a McVeigh type attempt.

Even Money on a Tea Bagger!

FordNut
05-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Maybe a left-winger pissed off at Wall Street, got the wrong address.

LIGHTNIN1
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
The Unabombers cousin.;)

Krytin
05-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Maybe a left-winger pissed off at Wall Street, got the wrong address.

No - Wall Street is mine! I'm gonna start sniping suits!!

Vortex
05-04-2010, 06:19 AM
I saw they caught that turd at JFK. Give him a quick trial then hang the SoB.

CBT
05-04-2010, 06:25 AM
I say drive him out to the desert, give him his truck back (minus the tires) with his toys still packed in it, and let him do his thing. And if he takes to long, remote detonate it for him. Either way, film it for the rest of us to enjoy.

Haggis
05-04-2010, 07:11 AM
I say drive him out to the desert, give him his truck back (minus the tires) with his toys still packed in it, and let him do his thing. And if he takes to long, remote detonate it for him. Either way, film it for the rest of us to enjoy.

Tie him up in the desert and knot a wet leather noose around his nuts. His virgins would not want him then.

Egon Spengler
05-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I wish they still had public executions.

Haggis
05-04-2010, 07:36 AM
I wish they still had public executions.

Put it on Youtube.

LIGHTNIN1
05-04-2010, 09:49 AM

Well you would have to change out the fertilizer in it as one of the problems was he bought the wrong kind. Not ammonium nitrate. He could learn a lot from Timothy McVeigh, but don't tell him.:stupid:

TAKEDOWN
05-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Since the media already leaked out his failure now the next guy WILL perfect it!

kernie
05-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Since the media already leaked out his failure now the next guy WILL perfect it!
I don't get it, a terrorist organization that gets the wrong kind of fertilizer?
Think about it, is that possible?

Bluerauder
05-04-2010, 06:58 PM

He damn near got away .... the highlights below are mine. :rolleyes:

"WASHINGTON — The no-fly list failed to keep the Times Square suspect off the plane.

Faisal Shahzad boarded a jetliner bound for the United Arab Emirates Monday night before federal authorities pulled him back. Although under surveillance since midafternoon, he had managed to elude investigators and head to the airport.

The night's events, gradually coming to light, underscored the flaws in the nation's aviation security system, which despite its technologies, lists and information sharing, often comes down to someone making a right call.

As federal agents closed in, Faisal Shahzad was aboard Emirates Flight 202. He reserved a ticket on the way to John F. Kennedy International Airport, paid cash on arrival and walked through security without being stopped.

By the time Customs and Border Protection officials spotted Shahzad's name on the passenger list and recognized him as the bombing suspect they were looking for, he was in his seat and the plane was preparing to leave the gate. They knew to look for him because of updates to the no-fly list made earlier in the day.

At the last minute, the pilot was notified, the jetliner's door was opened and Shahzad was taken into custody.

After authorities pulled Shahzad off the plane, he admitted he was behind the crude Times Square car bomb, officials said. He also claimed to have been trained at a terror camp in Pakistan's lawless tribal region of Waziristan, according to court documents. That raised increased concern that the bombing was an international terror plot."

MercNasty
05-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Thank goodness it wasnt a Marauder

FordNut
05-04-2010, 07:32 PM
We got lucky again. Now they know they can just drive a car bomb right up to Times Square. Next time they won't try to get out and leave the car, they'll pull up and park then detonate.

kernie
05-04-2010, 08:04 PM
We got lucky again. Now they know they can just drive a car bomb right up to Times Square. Next time they won't try to get out and leave the car, they'll pull up and park then detonate.
Propane tanks and the wrong kind of fertilizer, that is so far from the nightmare scenario, i don't even want to say the "N" word.

I'm not really religous, but let us pray.

Leadfoot281
05-04-2010, 08:32 PM

There is something terribly wrong with the world today when these two things get called the same slur. :shake:

LIGHTNIN1
05-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Did you see the clock he was using? I do think he must have purchased it at a garage sale, looked like from the 1940's. And he set it 12 hrs off at 7 PM instead 7 AM. And he had attended terroist training camps. Either a hard learner or the kind of instructers that we need to keep us safe.:stupid:

Bluerauder
05-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Did you see the clock he was using? I do think he must have purchased it at a garage sale, looked like from the 1940's. And he set it 12 hrs off at 7 PM instead 7 AM. And he had attended terroist training camps. Either a hard learner or the kind of instructers that we need to keep us safe.:stupid:

Yes, and I heard that he has an M.B.A. and worked as a financial analyst. :rolleyes: That's pretty scary too. A regular Einstein kinda guy. ;)

LIGHTNIN1
05-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Yes, and I heard that he has an M.B.A. and worked as a financial analyst. :rolleyes: That's pretty scary too. A regular Einstein kinda guy. ;)

Well at that rate he would be the perfect guy to head up our Securities and Exchange Commission or to replace Geithner as Treasury Secretary. That is about how much on the ball they are.

Krytin
05-05-2010, 01:06 PM
There is something terribly wrong with the world today when these two things get called the same slur. :shake:
What - Nut Job. They come in all shapes and sizes.
Todays tea baggers have absolutely NOTHING in common with the patriots who threw British tea into Boston Harbor.

Leadfoot281
05-05-2010, 05:38 PM
What - Nut Job. They come in all shapes and sizes.
Todays tea baggers have absolutely NOTHING in common with the patriots who threw British tea into Boston Harbor.

You're painting a very large and diverse group of fiscal conservatives with a very wide, very homophobic brush.

Taxed Enough Already? Probably not, huh? Care to send me a couple grand to help with my taxes? No? Ooops, now you ARE taxed enough already! Welcome to the TEA party.

CBT
05-05-2010, 06:21 PM
You're painting a very large and diverse group of fiscal conservatives with a very wide, very homophobic brush.

Taxed Enough Already? Probably not, huh? Care to send me a couple grand to help with my taxes? No? Ooops, now you ARE taxed enough already! Welcome to the TEA party.

Someone say homo?

Krytin
05-06-2010, 05:32 AM

You're a little cracked!
My taxes haven't gone up under the current administration and don't look to be going up in the near future.
And if someone doesn't agree with your point of view they are gay/homo?!!
I'm do back on the planet Earth now - have a nice trip where ever you are going!

FordNut
05-06-2010, 05:47 AM
You're a little cracked!
My taxes haven't gone up under the current administration and don't look to be going up in the near future.
I'm do back on the planet Earth now - have a nice trip where ever you are going!

Our taxes haven't gone up because of the deficit spending. That eventually has to be paid back and the only way to pay it is with increased taxes. Or we could just go down with Greece.

LIGHTNIN1
05-06-2010, 08:12 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/05/americas_growing_vulnerability _1.html

Leadfoot281
05-06-2010, 10:39 AM
You're a little cracked!

Ever heard of Cap and Trade? Wanna guess what that'll do your taxes if it gets passed? You should be thanking the TEA party for protesting against it (or maybe you're one of those people that feel only the left has a right to peaceful protest?).

Tea bagger IS a homophobic slur. You used it, not me.

The Bush tax cuts are due to expire this year and Obama is going to let it happen. You will certainly feel this one if you try to draw any money out of the stock market (capital gains tax increases) or happen to be on the receiving end of an inheritance (death tax).

More than 50% of Americans have at least some money in the stock market. Pulling any of it out will result in higher fees. How can anyone say that's NOT a tax increase?

My taxes have gone up under Obama. If yours haven't, I can understand why you are not Taxed Enough Already. You're probably one of the 47% that don't pay any Federal income taxes!

FordNut
05-06-2010, 12:33 PM
On the Terrorist subject, anybody see that the mayor, Brilliant Bloomberg is using it as a call for increased gun law restrictions? Restrictions that would not have prevented this guy from buying a gun even if they were passed? As if a gun had anything to do with the propane tanks... Maybe Bloomberg should start pushing for propane restrictions.

FordNut
05-06-2010, 12:36 PM
You're probably one of the 47% that don't pay any Federal income taxes!

Or one of the slackers that gets more back than they paid in. How can they call that a refund? It's a re-distribution of wealth, plain and simple.

Krytin
05-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Peaceful protests - I thought they were encouraged to bring and display weapons to at least one of their get togethers.
I'm against gun control but it's never a good idea to give the anti gun crowd any "ammunition" to use against gun owners and the media will use things like that against us.
We are all paying right now the lowest tax rates in recent history.
With the enconomy we have now and the dept as it stands it is going to be nearly impossible to not raise taxes.

I will appologize for using "tea baggers". I did not intend to use it as a slur against anyones personal sexual preference - I just picked up on the media souond bite - my very bad!

I do pay Federal, State and Local taxes - you should see my property tax bill.
How does close to $10K sound for less than a 1/4 acre with a house under 2000 sq ft!

I guess its just Sarah as a spokesperson that really turns me off on the whole movement - I'll try and look past that to see what's really going on in the movement.

Leadfoot281
05-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Peaceful protests - I thought they were encouraged to bring and display weapons to at least one of their get togethers.
I'm against gun control but it's never a good idea to give the anti gun crowd any "ammunition" to use against gun owners and the media will use things like that against us.

I have not heard about that one but would strongly advise against for the same reasons you stated. I do however know many "Peace Officers" (aka cops) that carry weapons...peacefully. Just carrying a weapon does not make you any less "peaceful' than the next person.

We are all paying right now the lowest tax rates in recent history.
With the enconomy we have now and the dept as it stands it is going to be nearly impossible to not raise taxes.

They should be looking at cutting spending instead of raising taxes. I can spend my money much more efficiently than they can. Also, who puts off buying a new car because the interest rate is too low? Raising taxes always limits spending, reduces growth, and costs jobs.

I will appologize for using "tea baggers". I did not intend to use it as a slur against anyones personal sexual preference - I just picked up on the media souond bite - my very bad!

Fair enough. A word of warning though... Too much Keith Olberman will rot your brain. I recommend listening to no more than 30 seconds/month of him.

I do pay Federal, State and Local taxes - you should see my property tax bill.
How does close to $10K sound for less than a 1/4 acre with a house under 2000 sq ft!

That sucks. 10k/year? Ouch! I hope your local and state government agancies are spending it wisely....(lol). I think we both know they don't.

I guess its just Sarah as a spokesperson that really turns me off on the whole movement - I'll try and look past that to see what's really going on in the movement.

The TEA party has no 'official' leadership. I dislike a number of the clowns that are trying to attach themselves to it. Even I wish Sarah Palin would just go away.

Krytin
05-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Fair enough - all points agreed!

NYGarageQueen
05-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Found out on News 12 they are probing places in Centereach concerning this, I have been hearing helicopters all day flying around, took the olllll binoculars out to see what was going on (wanted to make sure they were not looking for some fleaing criminal around here.. especially with me being outside today cleaning the garage.. the olll shotgun would have to be armed in case that felon decided to hide or run up here...) and all I could see was black and white helicopters and suffolk PD copters as well.

Scary stuff.

Egon Spengler
05-13-2010, 10:30 AM
The Govenor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick was supposed to come to my job today to show support for small business (why he chose our co I have no idea because we are so far from Boston), but he cancelled coming here because the FBI raided some houses in Boston of a couple guys that were a part of the N.Y. bombing attempt. We had our office and shop all nice and clean and he canceled! haha

NYGarageQueen
05-13-2010, 10:43 AM
The Govenor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick was supposed to come to my job today to show support for small business (why he chose our co I have no idea because we are so far from Boston), but he cancelled coming here because the FBI raided some houses in Boston of a couple guys that were a part of the N.Y. bombing attempt. We had our office and shop all nice and clean and he canceled! haha

Wow, at least you can enjoy the cleanness of the shop and office now though! :D

Here is the story from News12

(05/13/10) NEW YORK - Sources have told News 12 that homes in Shirley and Centereach are being searched by the FBI in connection with the failed Times Square car bomb and two arrests have been made.
The FBI says agents are also searching other locations in the Boston area.
An FBI spokeswoman said Thursday that there is "no known immediate threat to the public or any active plot against the United States."
FBI spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz would not confirm addresses, but police have cordoned off a small house in Watertown, about 10 miles west of Boston.
Marcinkiewicz says two people have been taken into custody on alleged immigration violations in connection with the Boston-area raids.
AP contributed to this report.

Egon Spengler
05-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Here's what's happening now in Boston
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO142044/