PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to piss anyone off this time...

woaface
11-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey, I hear from you guys about how you like your jammers, but I also heard from a cop friend of mine that they're almost useless (which struck me as odd). I don't think he was saying that because he's ticket happy, as he drives an M3, uses a Valentine, and told me "I'm not much a fan of the law, I just have to enforce it". Are there any reviews from any major publications on the issue? I've found a little on the internet but not much that's anywhat helpful.

Oh and speaking of Valentine. I called and asked what they offered as far as refurbished units. $355 on their latest version plus shipping if they have one in! Includes all the stuff you'll need! So if anyone is lookin for a deal...you know what to do.

Ross
11-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Woa, I think there was a thread here awhile back that had a link in it to a side by side test of different radar detectors and laser jammers.

Logan
11-19-2003, 05:27 PM
I can attest to many a confused look on a cops face whilst using my Blinder Jammer, and indeed, ran up and down a back road with a PO buddy of mine and he couldn't nail my car at all 10 times in a row...

Rider90
11-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Where can I get such Jammer? And would you suggest a jammer over a Valentine?

Logan
11-19-2003, 06:54 PM
The jammer only jams laser. I run with both a Blinder M20 Xtreme and a Valentine 1.

MapleLeafMerc
11-19-2003, 07:25 PM
I truly envy you guys that can use anti radar devices. Ontario motorists who like to drive faster than average are ducks in a shooting gallery, and not unlike the fish in the "shooting fish in a barrel" saying. I'm sure there are more analogies for "unfair fight".

Like the OPP that nails people for speeding 50 feet before the limit increases.

bob35222
11-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Check it out:

http://www.speedzones.com/

http://www.radartest.com/index.asp

Murader03
11-20-2003, 12:22 AM
I use a V1 with a K40 Laser Diffuser. Although my set up is different from Logan's, I can attest to the fact it works as far as Laser jamming goes. I've also ran a few Lidar pickets and got by without being pulled over! It is against the law to jam Radar! As far as you guys North of the Border, it can be done. Most good detectors today are immune to being detected by whatever the local law enforcement uses there to detect radar detectors.

woaface
11-20-2003, 07:53 AM
Yeah, I read all about radar jamming...but that the FDA was in charge of laser jamming. I found that quite ammusing. Thanks all! That was very helpful.