PDA

View Full Version : bronco surging

ImpalaSlayer
05-05-2010, 03:42 PM
got a questions some of you may be able to help me out with. i put my bronco in drive and release the brake to let it start going. well with out giving it little to no throttle the engine sort or surges. its like i was giving it gas and letting off constantly until its going fast enough to hit 2nd. i think i can say that the problem goes away once its warmed up. i just cleaned the maf not too long ago and it also has all new plugs n wires and a pvc valve. fuel filter and air filter were both just changed as well. :help:

RF Overlord
05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Vacuum leak.

ImpalaSlayer
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Vacuum leak.

why would it go away when warmed up then?

Egon Spengler
05-05-2010, 04:11 PM
cap and rotor?

boatmangc
05-05-2010, 04:16 PM
IAC carboned up

Got_1
05-05-2010, 05:09 PM
ignition coil perhaps? my 87 crown vic with the 5.0 did the same thing until i replaced the coil.

wait, it only does it in 1st gear?

RF Overlord
05-05-2010, 05:31 PM
why would it go away when warmed up then?My company used to have an old bucket truck they got from Ma Bell (that should have been a clue...Ma doesn't give up ANYTHING that still has life in it :shake: ). Had similar symptoms to yours and it turned out to be an intake manifold leak.

CBT
05-05-2010, 06:25 PM
why would it go away when warmed up then?

Rubber expands when heated. It's science, I don't want to get crazy technical on ya.:rolleyes:

Local Boy
05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Lean surge or vac. leak

Aloha

ImpalaSlayer
05-06-2010, 08:20 AM
cap and rotor?

also replaced recently

IAC carboned up

i will check it out.

ignition coil perhaps? my 87 crown vic with the 5.0 did the same thing until i replaced the coil.

wait, it only does it in 1st gear?

replaced that too

My company used to have an old bucket truck they got from Ma Bell (that should have been a clue...Ma doesn't give up ANYTHING that still has life in it :shake: ). Had similar symptoms to yours and it turned out to be an intake manifold leak.

Rubber expands when heated. It's science, I don't want to get crazy technical on ya.:rolleyes:

Lean surge or vac. leak

Aloha

i will have to give it a good looking over armed with a can of starter fluid and see what happens. ill report back with what i find. thanks guys