PDA

View Full Version : Factory Audio damaged my ears!

Motorhead350
05-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I have never hurt my ears in any car or concert I have ever been to, even without earplugs. I recently bought a CD by Ministry and blasted Roadhouse Blues while driving like a mad man. Things seemed normal when it felt like my ears were bleeding, but I actually developed an infection in my right ear. This hasn't happened to me in at least ten years. Even caused knots on my neck.

I doubt I will blast anything ever again.

Take it easy with your factory sound systems, they are better than you think.

Here is what I blasted BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzytjs581QI

Back to Louis Prima for me.

J-MAN
05-06-2010, 04:28 AM
Uh... thanks:shake:

martyo
05-06-2010, 06:27 AM
What?

Haggis
05-06-2010, 06:53 AM
What?

Who?

Egon Spengler
05-06-2010, 06:58 AM
I am not a fan of the marauder sound system... It is terrible and I wish it was louder and more clear.

Motorhead350
05-06-2010, 07:02 AM
What?

:lol:

:D

:banana:

Egon Spengler
05-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Dom, I don't think it was the marauder... I think it was everything that lead up to this happening... the marauder was just the last straw that broke the camel's back

Motorhead350
05-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Dom, I don't think it was the marauder... I think it was everything that lead up to this happening... the marauder was just the last straw that broke the camel's back

Normally I would agree with you, but that song just never blew me away like that before. Usually I blast mono recorded music that's four tracks or less. Ten minutes is about my limit unless I am working on the car, but when I'm out working on it I'm not right next to the speakers.

a_d_a_m
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I thought the Marauder stereo was amazing, until I cranked the Boston Acoustics stereo in the Magnum for the first time. Now THAT thing is a great factory stereo.

The '02 Grand Marquis I had, has got to be the worst OE stereo ever.

ctrlraven
05-06-2010, 08:55 AM
I upgraded to component speakers for the front and changed out the sub on the Marauder. It does a lot better than stock but going from my 08 Taurus to the MM it makes the sound system suck. I haven't even turned the volume past half on my Taurus yet cause it's kinda too loud with no other noise going on. Has 6 speakers, one in each door and two 6x9 subwoofers in the rear deck. Bass is set at ONE on the EQ and it vibrates my mirrors at just past quarter volume. lol