PDA

View Full Version : A bad day today

guspech750
05-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Today was the day I was hoping I would never have had to experience. I had to put my best buddy to sleep today. My buddy Domingo was 14 years old and my wife and I have had him for 13 years. Domingo had cancer in his right front leg. Its so hard since he could not walk anymore due to the pain he had. Amazing hes been with us since we first moved in together in our first appartment 13 years ago. He was my delivery boy for me with my wifes engagement ring tied to a bow around his collar as I proposed to her. I remember him always staying by my daughters side when she was born 7 years ago ilke her protector. Hes been with us in two houses , 3 other dogs (outlived 2 dogs that passed away much younger than him) and has been more trouble free than anything I have ever owned. He was my first dog that was really mine since moving away from home and he has been so loyal to me. Its funny that when I had my Camaro SS he would hear the exhaust from down the street and my wife would tell me that he heard me coming home way down the street and would go wait for me by the door. He was always by my side and always did what I asked of him. Domingo was such a lovable dog and my wife and I are really really missing him. Just wanted to vent alittle. Anyways. Happy Maraudering.

CBT
05-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Duuuuuude, :( sorry to hear it.

MM03MOK
05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
You'll carry many great memories for years to come. Domingo is already playing with many friends over the Rainbow Bridge.

Bigdogjim
05-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Is so hard to say good bye!! Sorry for your loss. He really loos the part of GREAT friend.
Now on the Rainbow Bridge, where he will wait for you.

knine
05-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Have comfort in the knowledge that you gave him the happiest years any dog could ever want. Sorry for the loss, it is what I hate most about having dogs.........outliving them. E.

Pat
05-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Your companion will always hold a special place in your hearts. My sympathy in the loss of a friend and family member even.

There will be another to share your lives but never take his place.

Regards,

Pat

DOOM
05-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news bro.

Motorhead350
05-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Sorry Joe. :(

My old Dog Ralphie used to be able to hear my truck coming up the hill when I would come home. Dogs must be gearheads too. ;) If you wanna talk just let me know. I know how much of a pain it can be to lose a beloved pet.

ntd
05-07-2010, 05:19 PM
One animal lover to another sorry for your loss

swordfish
05-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Bradley G
05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
They are good pals aren't they?
He is a lucky dog!

Spectragod
05-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Sorry for your loss, it's tough to loose a best friend. You will be joined your buddy again one day.

PhastPhil
05-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Domingo as well as you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. It is very hard to loose a beloved pet and friend.

Egon Spengler
05-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear man... My dad's friend just lost his english bulldog yesterday and he was a wreck...

RIP Domingo

JamesHecker
05-07-2010, 11:51 PM
What a beautiful dog!

jabird56
05-08-2010, 03:22 AM
A Dog’s Plea

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know from the fierce wagging of my tail whenever your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, and no longer accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the warm hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun. Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave this earth knowing with my last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hands.

W.G. Corgill/1987

computertech
05-08-2010, 04:46 AM
sorry for the loss of your buddy.........go for a nice ride in your Marauder
it always seems to make me feel better:burnout: and I mean it .............regards

fastblackmerc
05-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. He's in a better place.

dakslim
05-08-2010, 07:02 AM
What a beautiful friend you had. Putting my dog Skippy down was one of the hardest things I've ever done and I feel your pain. Dogs are one of the most amazing creatures on the planet...can you imagine people having the same unconditional love as a dog?

bawazir
05-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog

Taemian
05-08-2010, 07:21 AM
It's hard to lose them, but it's always easy to remember them, usually with a smile on your face, too. I hope that day will come soon for you.

justbob
05-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Sorry to hear this Joe. You told me the day was near, but I didn't know it would be that quick.

Davesvt2000
05-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Sorry for your loss.

I lost both my cats last year, one to cancer, and one of natural causes..

I went to a shelter and adopted a kitten a few months later. Can't replace the two I lost, but felt good to give the little guy a new home...

PonyUP
05-08-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm so sorry Joe, it is tough to loose a friend that is so much a part of your life. You and your wife are in my prayers, may the grieving period be brief and the memories be lifelong

guspech750
05-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I thank everyone for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I did not realize it would be as hard as it has been untill it happened. Amazingly we had gotten Domingo from a shelter. No better place to pick up a new friend that an animal shelter. I highly recommend going to a shelter if you are looking for a dog or a cat. We have had 3 wonderful dogs from a shelter with one still living. (hes young). Thanks again.

LeoVampire
05-08-2010, 12:23 PM
They are our friends and companions and weave their way into our hearts and lives so easily it is hard to not have them there once it is time for them to leave us.

A place is always empty in your hearts once they pass on but the memories will always live on!

Rest in peace Domingo

knine
05-09-2010, 05:20 AM
All my dogs are rescued dogs. Nothing better than honoring you last dog's memory then saving the life of another and adopting a new dog. After Doc died, I wanted nothing to do with another dog, let alone a Dalmatian....then Arson was "heavy handed" to me (take him or he was to be returned to the kennel and put to sleep). After he died, the very next day I got a call to pick up a Liver male Dal, Molly liked him, so we kept him. A house is not a home without a dog. E.

TAKEDOWN
05-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Awww Man, that sucks! I hate to hear news like that!

mtenderenda
05-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Sorry for your loss. I know what you are going thru..
I have been around dogs all my life, they are amazing creatures.
We had a German Shepard pass away not to long ago too.
She had a problem with her heart, it would cause fluid to build up in her stomach. She passed away really quickly.
Girlfriend couldn't put her to sleep.

Zack
05-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Man Joe Im so sorry to hear of this.

Celebrate their memory every chance you get.
RIP Domingo

SC Cheesehead
05-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Joe,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like you lost a wonderful, loyal friend.

Remember the good times.

Gryphonzus
05-10-2010, 05:16 PM
My sincerest regrets for the loss of a dear friend.