PDA

View Full Version : My Public Apology to MuscleMerc...

Egon Spengler
05-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Hey Everyone... Especially Musclemerc
I want to make it known that I was talking about having issues with my brakes in a thread and musclemerc was kind enough to offer me either the front two or all four brake lines. I chose just the two and he gave me a good price on them. Well I got them and he mentioned our feedback page that I never knew we had on this site. I had paid him right away and made it an easy transaction for him and I got poor feedback from him. Well, apparently he deserved to after what had happened in the interim. I never actually opened the package and after his poor feedback I apologized and he said that he had thought long and hard about making the call especially seeing as how he had included extra parts. Well, after his PM I decided to check the box and the guy sent me all four lines for the price I paid for two!! I am not one to not say thank you and I am not one to not appreciate something. I appreciated him sending me the brake lines, but the weather and my busy schedule hasn't allowed me to do the brake lines so I never opened the box. So I REALLY appreciate him sending me all four lines!

Musclemerc, I really do appreciate it and I am sorry for the mix up. I feel terrible and if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. If you want me to ship back the rear lines or give you more money, I am more than happy to do so! Hope there are no hard feelings! This is a family on here and I treat everyone on here like family, so I apologize for this and don't think it wasn't appreciated, because it certainly was!

Thank You!
Tom:beer:

FordNut
05-08-2010, 08:52 AM
I've never used the feedback rating system either. Can't believe somebody would ding you on feedback just because they didn't get positive feedback, even if the transaction went well as far as payment.

FordNut
05-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Maybe I ought to look at my own feedback, somebody might have dinged me for a perceived snub...

justbob
05-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Travis is a stand up guy and I would do business with him any day of the week! As for the feedback page, it would be usefull if it were easier to find and if people knew about it and used it for others to either feel at ease or know who to stay away from

Ktorres1
05-08-2010, 09:14 AM
+1 I've dealt with a couple great people but no nothing about the feedback page.

-Matt-
05-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Its there and pretty easy to use

Ms. Denmark
05-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Why would you owe this guy an apology????? In the spirit of family, sounds like Muscle merc might owe YOU an apology. Kind of a low blow to bad mouth someone who paid promptly. :confused:

Egon Spengler
05-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Everyone I have dealt with has been great, including musclemerc... I would deal with anyone I have dealt with again. I have been on here 3 years and never knew about the feedback! I feel bad for the past people I have gotten stuff off of and not given feedback. I will definitely be using it more often now!

He didn't ding me for not giving feedback, he dinged me for being ignorant about the sale. Even though I appreciated it, I guess I lost track due to being busy at work and neglected to even thank him for the parts, let alone him going above and beyond and sending me more than I asked for! It was a great surprise to receive all 4 brake lines for the price I paid and I am truly thankful.

Egon Spengler
05-08-2010, 10:02 AM
In the spirit of family, sounds like Muscle merc might owe YOU an apology. Kind of a low blow to bad mouth someone who paid promptly. :confused:
See my comment above! This is not the case. He went above and beyond and I was so busy at work, I didn't even give him a thank you! This is me apologizing to him!

Ms. Denmark
05-08-2010, 10:04 AM
See my comment above! This is not the case. He went above and beyond and I was so busy at work, I didn't even give him a thank you! This is me apologizing to him!Tom, it was a business deal. You did not know that he sent you more than you contracted to pay him for. You paid the agreed price promptly. He badmouthed you. What am I missing?

Egon Spengler
05-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Tom, it was a business deal. You did not know that he sent you more than you contracted to pay him for. You paid the agreed price promptly. He badmouthed you. What am I missing?

The transaction happened a few weeks ago and I never got back to him after he sent the package. I am not trying to start any trouble here. Just wanted to apologize. I would like to move on from this and hopefully have no hard feelings. I wanted to make it known that he was great with shipping it quickly and he went above and beyond and sent me all 4 brake lines for the price I paid for two brake lines! Just know that he is a good guy and went above and beyond!:beer:

massacre
05-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Nice of you to apologize, shows good character.
Also shows that musclemerc is a standup guy also.

Egon Spengler
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Nice of you to apologize, shows good character.
Also shows that musclemerc is a standup guy also.
Thank you... this is what I am trying to express here!

Sounds like musclemerc has recently helped out Bawazir as well recently. He is a great guy and I dropped the ball... I just want everyone to know that we are both good guys and wanted to let musclemerc know that I really did appreciate what he did for me!

LIGHTNIN1
05-08-2010, 10:27 AM
I will only say I am sorry that I have dealt with several people on here also and did not know about the feedback. Everyone I have dealt with have been top notch.I will try to go back through the transactions and correct this if possible. Sorry guys.

ImpalaSlayer
05-08-2010, 10:30 AM
i always use the feed back thingy but i dont always get return feed back

Egon Spengler
05-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I will only say I am sorry that I have dealt with several people on here also and did not know about the feedback. Everyone I have dealt with have been top notch.I will try to go back through the transactions and correct this if possible. Sorry guys.
This is my other reason for posting this thread... to make the feedback area known! I think it is a great tool and I never knew about it being on here for over 3 years! It needs to get used more!

Blk Mamba
05-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Where is it?

Egon Spengler
05-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Where is it?
look to the right of this post under your join date and age and location etc... it says "Post Feedback"... that is it!

FordNut
05-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Still, I don't see getting dinged for not saying thank you. I usually pay for something and as long as it arrives promptly and it's as described that's the end of it. Same thing when I sell something, as long as I'm paid promptly and I ship it out promptly, I don't expect to hear about it again unless the customer has a problem, then I'll do what I can to satisfy the complaint.

Ms. Denmark
05-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Still, I don't see getting dinged for not saying thank you. I usually pay for something and as long as it arrives promptly and it's as described that's the end of it. Same thing when I sell something, as long as I'm paid promptly and I ship it out promptly, I don't expect to hear about it again unless the customer has a problem, then I'll do what I can to satisfy the complaint.
+1 I've purchased a few things from members and all went well. I would have been shocked to be dinged by Paul or Tommy, for example, for not using some obscure feedback button to say thank you. (for sending me what I paid YOU for) And FWIW.........I think you've bent over far enough Tom. LOL:D

SC Cheesehead
05-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Travis is a stand up guy and I would do business with him any day of the week! As for the feedback page, it would be usefull if it were easier to find and if people knew about it and used it for others to either feel at ease or know who to stay away from

BIG +1 on that! ^^^^^^

musclemerc
05-08-2010, 02:59 PM
At first read I told myself I would'nt respond to this post, but I have to ask everyone that chimed in what's the problem with saying Thank You? We were all taught to say it as children, we also as a rule teach our children to show some curtesy (at least I do). Read the threads, daily there is someone getting thanked for something. My feedback was not a negative feedback just truthful. I encourage anyone on this site to give me something, THANKS will be the first words out of my mouth. TJ never told me he did'nt open the box to even see there were free parts in it until after I left my neutral feedback.

Blackened300a
05-08-2010, 04:10 PM
i always use the feed back thingy but i dont always get return feed back

Hey!! I always return feedback! If someone took the time out to post some feedback for me, then I return the favor ASAP.

+1 I've purchased a few things from members and all went well. I would have been shocked to be dinged by Paul or Tommy, for example, for not using some obscure feedback button to say thank you. (for sending me what I paid YOU for) And FWIW.........I think you've bent over far enough Tom. LOL:D
I do agree. If I wanted a item and I paid for it then that's business, I wouldn't expect to be thanked for keeping my end of the business deal. However, If I decided to be nice and throw in a extra item for free that wasn't in the original deal then I guess I would like to be acknowledged for doing so. I probably would have sent a PM to ask if he noticed it or received the package.

At first read I told myself I wouldn't respond to this post, but I have to ask everyone that chimed in what's the problem with saying Thank You? We were all taught to say it as children, we also as a rule teach our children to show some curtesy (at least I do). Read the threads, daily there is someone getting thanked for something. My feedback was not a negative feedback just truthful. I encourage anyone on this site to give me something, THANKS will be the first words out of my mouth. TJ never told me he didn't open the box to even see there were free parts in it until after I left my neutral feedback.

I do agree considering you tossed in some extra parts, but I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't notice it and that's why he didn't thank you immediately. He seems like a stand up guy that would have.

FordNut
05-08-2010, 05:10 PM
At first read I told myself I would'nt respond to this post, but I have to ask everyone that chimed in what's the problem with saying Thank You? We were all taught to say it as children, we also as a rule teach our children to show some curtesy (at least I do). Read the threads, daily there is someone getting thanked for something. My feedback was not a negative feedback just truthful. I encourage anyone on this site to give me something, THANKS will be the first words out of my mouth. TJ never told me he did'nt open the box to even see there were free parts in it until after I left my neutral feedback.

Kinda like "say thank you or I'll whack you".

musclemerc
05-08-2010, 05:24 PM
^^^I never said anything like that. I don't know how you got that impression Brian.
I would rather not go back and forth with you about something that happened with another member. We all have our own versions of what's right and wrong, but Please and Thank You will move you a long way! That's what I was taught but, we all were brought up diffrent.

Phrog_gunner
05-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Kinda like "say thank you or I'll whack you".

Are you saying the beatings will continue until morale improves? :(

FordNut
05-08-2010, 05:51 PM
The whole thing kind of hacks me off. I have never left feedback or asked for feedback, nor have I ever looked at my own feedback. The fact that somebody can leave feedback for me without me participating in the process at all, then others can see that feedback, is just kind of sneaky. If somebody wants to thank me or bash me, do it in a public post.

And as for the original subject, it's been my experience that a seller always thanks the customer rather than the other way around. For a seller to get hacked off at somebody because they didn't give praise for taking their money is just bass-ackwards.

musclemerc
05-08-2010, 06:03 PM
First off the issue is'nt about feedback TJ even aknwoledged that. Next if your hacked off then so be it. It looks like Ms.Denmark will have some good company. I PM'ed TJ like a good vendor to make sure everything was OK, as I do with anyone I sell to. I don't have to be sneaky or underhanded about anything I do, and I am more than capable of living with consequence from my feedback on him or anyone else on this forum.

musclemerc
05-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I have to ask you Ms. Denmark if we are this great "family" that you speak of why would you make refrence to me as "this guy"???
It does'nt sound like something very endearing. I comes across as divisive

Why would you owe this guy an apology????? In the spirit of family, sounds like Muscle merc might owe YOU an apology. Kind of a low blow to bad mouth someone who paid promptly. :confused:

babbage
05-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I think you all are making mountains out of mold hills. so how are the brake lines??

Egon Spengler
05-08-2010, 06:52 PM
I think you all are making mountains out of mold hills. so how are the brake lines??
I just opened the box today after the message from musclemerc. They are in good shape and am looking forward to getting around to getting them on.

Was a very nice gesture to send all 4 lines. I really am thankful!:beer:

musclemerc
05-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Here's how this story ends. I had the Admins retract my neutral feedback and I asked that he PM the Admins and do the same with the feedback he posted for me. I will also have TJ return my goods and in return I will paypal TJ a full refund plus $5.00 return shipping. TJ looses nothing, Now no one has anything to apologize for and "this guy" and the "family" can move on with our business.

:beer:

Phrog_gunner
05-08-2010, 07:47 PM

I think you mean mountains out of MOLE hills. If you have hills of mold around your house, remind me not to come over for dinner. :P

FordNut
05-08-2010, 08:24 PM

I think you mean mountains out of MOLE hills. If you have hills of mold around your house, remind me not to come over for dinner. :P

I had mold in my house a few years ago. All the sheetrock had to come out, the blown-in insulation came out with the ceilings, all the ductwork had to be pulled out. Then the house had to be sanitized/sterilized to kill the mold and all the studs had to be painted with special fungicide paint/sealer before the new sheetrock, ductwork, and insulation went back in. Quite an experience.

LIGHTNIN1
05-08-2010, 08:46 PM

Funny stuff. But seriously folks I am all too familiar with moles as they are bad in this part of the U S . They tear the yards up. Of course moles have nothing to do with the original subject.

FordNut
05-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Funny stuff. But seriously folks I am all too familiar with moles as they are bad in this part of the U S . They tear the yards up. Of course moles have nothing to do with the original subject.

Yeah, I used to have a mole but the dermatologist got rid of it.

-Matt-
05-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Here's how this story ends. I had the Admins retract my neutral feedback and I asked that he PM the Admins and do the same with the feedback he posted for me. I will also have TJ return my goods and in return I will paypal TJ a full refund plus $5.00 return shipping. TJ looses nothing, Now no one has anything to apologize for and "this guy" and the "family" can move on with our business.

Wow.... *****y deal.... :depress:

LIGHTNIN1
05-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I used to have a mole but the dermatologist got rid of it.

Too funny again. This was getting too serious.:beer:

Shora
05-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Never did I hear of something like this. NEVER.

You sent him extra stuff that he never asked for, let alone expected. Since he didn't even notice the extra stuff, he didn't give you the extra a$$ kissing that you were expecting.

When you didn't get the ass kissing, you post a negative feedback?

Worse, when he notices the extra stuff, he sends you the extra a$$ kissing you were expecting, but is it enough to please you? NOOOOO.

Too late, now he needs to waste his time to send you your crap back?!!

You, Sir, need to take your medication. You are out of your mind.

I hope he does send you your stuff back and NOBODY BUYS THE S H ! T YOU PEDDLE HERE AGAIN!!!!

MrBluGruv
05-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't think that the return of the goods actually happened, I think it was just sarcasm.

At least I hope so. It was, right musclemerc?

Shora
05-08-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't think that the return of the goods actually happened, I think it was just sarcasm.

At least I hope so. It was, right musclemerc?

It didn't "happen". He is "asking" for it to happen.

Very odd response if you ask me.

All this drama is a result of him not getting his a$$ kissed.

MrBluGruv
05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Ahh, I read it again, I misread.

Well, I have no idea what to say to that then, other than I guess if TJ is happy and musclemerc is now happy, nothing else really matters, and if people don't like musclemercs business method they don't have to buy from him.

At any rate, I know musclemerc has brought a LOT of good deals to this online community, so unless this is a pattern that others have taken serious objection to but haven't spoken up about in the past, I don't think it's as big a thing as some people are making it up to be.

guspech750
05-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Yeah. We are not curing cancer here. Person had a product. Another person bought the product but didnt open it for a while. Ive done that. So what. Sellers should always thank the customer first. And then the customer should thank the seller. As for feedback. Whatever. It is what it is. Simple misunderstandings happen. Everyone got there money and their products. Thank yous and appologies were said. Lets move on.:sleepy:

Rocknthehawk
05-08-2010, 11:17 PM

I'm hoping there's sarcasm in this. Tom is a good dude.

This could have been solved with a PM to TJ in the first place, before leaving feedback, simply asking "did you check out the lines i sent?".....no need for it to go any further than that. I've done lots of iTrader ratings on other forums and have never heard of a raw deal like this. he went as far as actually posting this thread, instead of keeping it in PM's.

musclemerc
05-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Either way is goes this was gonna end in an internet lynching. So if i'm gonna be the bad guy I just as well be a real villan. I've tried to help many members on this site with parts and information and this is the first one that ended up like this. You guys can continue slandering me, it has no effect since there's a good chance we will never meet face to face. Please, carry on. As far as me pandering my ***** on this site that's done too, my for sale posts are locked and I will no longer be on the hunt for parts (that I never made a dime from) to pass along to the membership here. I will however, continue spending time here because I won't be intimidated by anyone of you.
:flamer: Flame suit on mother :censor:! :flamer:

Egon Spengler
05-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Either way is goes this was gonna end in an internet lynching. So if i'm gonna be the bad guy I just as well be a real villan. I've tried to help many members on this site with parts and information and this is the first one that ended up like this. You guys can continue slandering me, it has no effect since there's a good chance we will never meet face to face. Please, carry on. As far as me pandering my ***** on this site that's done too, my for sale posts are locked and I will no longer be on the hunt for parts (that I never made a dime from) to pass along to the membership here. I will however, continue spending time here because I won't be intimidated by anyone of you.
:flamer: Flame suit on mother :censor:! :flamer:
By the way musclemerc... I just read your posts about saying thank you again. Don't ever say I never said thank you! I said thank you after ever PM I sent you having to do with the original transaction! Had I opened the package and saw the extra brake lines in there, I would have definitely PM'ed you to thank you and show how grateful I was for them! Don't EVER say I never said thank you... you know as well as I do that I did... I am sorry I didn't say thank you for the extra stuff, but you know damn well I would have after opening the package. I am more than happy to send your stuff back and move on. I am a good guy Travis and you seem to be the only one that has had a problem with me in the 3 years on this site. I am sorry this went down like this, but I am just going to send back your brake lines so someone else can appreciate them and move on from this. I will not ask for anything from you again.

illwood
05-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Nothing like getting screwed after a public apology. . .

ImpalaSlayer
05-09-2010, 10:25 AM
i really dont know what the hell is going on here. ive done business with both of these guys and have had ZERO issues with either party. musclemerc went above and beyond helping me with my catch can i just bought off of him more so then most any vendor here has. i hope you stick around dude :beer:

Dave

MrBluGruv
05-09-2010, 10:30 AM
So the return of goods is actually gonna happen?

Wow this is getting pretty sad. :(

musclemerc
05-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I will stick around Dave, enjoy the can!

i really dont know what the hell is going on here. ive done business with both of these guys and have had ZERO issues with either party. musclemerc went above and beyond helping me with my catch can i just bought off of him more so then most any vendor here has. i hope you stick around dude :beer:

Dave

I sent him a refund before I made my post last night.

So the return of goods is actually gonna happen?

Wow this is getting pretty sad. :(

And to Shora, I would'nt feel right without directly addressing you. FYI I have more invested in just electronics in my home, that's valued more than your entire house, the contents, and your MM all together. You would have to save 5 months of you morgage to pay for just a single remote control. Not too shabby for a pandering KMA kinda guy huh? ;)
I know this to be true because I can see how you live in the pics you post.

Flame on! :flamer:

MM03MOK
05-09-2010, 11:53 AM
We are done here. It's Mother's Day. Go honour the women in your lives!