PDA

View Full Version : Miles

Murader03
11-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Well, by the end of November, the MM will have surpassed the 40K mark. Considering the car was bought on 11/4/02 with 8 miles on her, she and I have done a lot of traveling. Considering also that Mr. P.T. Casey will probably have more miles, since he's on the road for longer periods than I am. Most of my mileage has been daily back and forth to work. She and I have made two meets, Hershery and the Capitol Area, and several over the road trips to Ohio and return. Knock on wood, but the car has performed flawlessly, and has never let me down. I'm looking forward to another 40K by her 2nd birthday. She's washed regularly, has nher life sustaining fluids changed on a 5K basis, her rubber feet kept fresh and up to standards.

Life is good, long live the MM!

jgc61sr2002
11-20-2003, 10:04 PM
That's a lot of driving even for a daily driver. I use to put 20,000 miles on my daily driver and thought that was a lot. My MM was purchased in Jan. 03 and has 3,300 smiles on it. :D

Mongoose
11-22-2003, 12:46 AM
You might catch up to me (miles) while my MM is in the shop.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6272

Just keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down.:up:

Murader03
11-22-2003, 04:43 AM
Yep! I saw that thread. And here I thought Paul and I were the only ones who reeeaaaalllly drove our MM's on a daily, long haul basis. When you see guys running around with low miles, you gotta wonder. I was amazed at the number of folks who paid large amounts of money for there Mustang Cobra's and then hardly ever drive them. I had 50K on an early '96 Cobra when I had to trade beacuse I broke my leg and couldn't shift, and then right at 100K on my '99 when it was traded.:beer:

Dave Compson
11-22-2003, 10:16 AM
I have 22k on mine now. I bought it on 09-05-02.

woaface
11-22-2003, 10:52 AM
The Marquis has 33,393 miles on it as of today. Which is to say we bought it in December of 1998, and it had 25,500 somethin miles on it when I took over the thing in this past August. Hehe. My mom isn't exactly pleased about that, since it's technically still her car (read: my dad bought it for her). But that's ok, only 4 or 5 thousand of those miles from the past few months are mine. A trip here and there well out of county or state never hurt now and then!

Slowpoke
11-22-2003, 07:39 PM
naw, whiteknuckles down in Atlanta has 40k on his........

me - i just turned 5700 in 13 months of driving - probably the MOST yearly miles i have put on a car in 20 years.

Bigdogjim
11-22-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Murader03
Yep! I saw that thread. And here I thought Paul and I were the only ones who reeeaaaalllly drove our MM's on a daily, long haul basis. When you see guys running around with low miles, you gotta wonder. I was amazed at the number of folks who paid large amounts of money for there Mustang Cobra's and then hardly ever drive them. I had 50K on an early '96 Cobra when I had to trade beacuse I broke my leg and couldn't shift, and then right at 100K on my '99 when it was traded.:beer:

In my case work is only 3 miles one way. I have a Ford F-150 to "kick" around in:)

With the number of meets that are being talked about looks like plenty of miles and :)

marauder307
11-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Mine's at 9460 on the odo as of today (11/22/03), about nine months into ownership. Might be getting a break from driving here in a few months...Since new, I've had an undercoat job done, along with a paint protection package (full Meguiar's treatment), reflashed PCM, actually had the tranny flushed/filter replaced at about 9100 miles (altho I don't think it needed it---I'd been running on the stock fluid since new and wanted to get out the original stuff---I'll be keeping it on the regular maintenance rotation of about 15k miles between changes now), had my Sirius system retrofitted/fixed, and added a K&N air filter today. Already the airbox sounds a little different---although it could be that I didn't get the filter seated right...Oil's changed every 3k regularly. Had the windows tinted 35% metallic tint last summer, and,...while I should probably be embarrassed to admit it...I got one of those dragon emblem steering wheel covers from Target and put that in too...Ricer madness must be infectious...Achoo!

Ross
11-24-2003, 09:19 AM
On Christmas Eve I will have had my MM for one year. I expect to have over 25K at that time. I wanted to buy her a Kook's setup for Christmas, with a nice Christmas bonus I was hoping (still hoping) to receive. However, my major client is SERIOUSLY behind in paying its bills, and my partners are thinking of cooking me instead of a turkey for Thanksgiving, so there may not be a bonus for me this year. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a big payment soon.

dwasson
11-24-2003, 10:07 AM
23K here. I bought it used in July. On July 23 this year it had 12,600 miles. I'll be parking for the winter soon though.