PDA

View Full Version : Those of us up north...

rayjay
05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Is this damn winter ever going to end? Never got out of the 30's yesterday and I still have snow on my cars this morning... This is depressing. :(

Egon Spengler
05-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Is this damn winter ever going to end? Never got out of the 30's yesterday and I still have snow on my cars this morning... This is depressing. :(
No snow here in Massachusetts, but we did have a freeze warning and yesterday was very cold and the wind whipping pissed me off because I was trying to wash my car. At least we didn't get snow though! I could never live where you do, you seem to get clobbered with snow! Better you than me!:P

Our temps are like 10 or more below normal for this time of year and it is very aggravating.

rayjay
05-10-2010, 07:28 AM
I had my Marauder cover held down by plastic covered telephone books. That didn't work, its covered with snow...

musclemerc
05-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Too bad about the weather. I been cutting grass like crazy since last month. Better day's are comming!

dakslim
05-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Only got into the high 60's here yesterday and still cool this AM.

Egon Spengler
05-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Only got into the high 60's here yesterday and still cool this AM.
I hate you crusty!:lol:

LIGHTNIN1
05-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Cool here for this time of year but no snow. Has been 88 but jacket weather today.

justbob
05-10-2010, 01:33 PM
We have seen the 80's here as well a couple times, but this year is one of the worst roller coaster Chicago springs I have ever witnessed! As long as you expect 48-83 (for a high) rain or no rain, wind like you have never seen and flat out calm then you will love it here. Every day feels like a different state or atleast a different season!

Egon Spengler
05-10-2010, 01:57 PM
We have seen the 80's here as well a couple times, but this year is one of the worst roller coaster Chicago springs I have ever witnessed! As long as you expect 48-83 (for a high) rain or no rain, wind like you have never seen and flat out calm then you will love it here. Every day feels like a different state or atleast a different season!
Same thing is happening here in MA... I have never experienced this kind of fluctuation and these kind of winds! I am going to start calling Boston the windy city!

Blackened300a
05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Just imagine the heat at Carlisle. Im sure that will take the edge off the chill!

ImpalaSlayer
05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Just imagine the heat at Carlisle. Im sure that will take the edge off the chill!

at the rate were going, it should be pretty damn nice. at least thats what im hoping

CBT
05-10-2010, 05:36 PM
I have never experienced this kind of fluctuation and these kind of winds!

hee hee hee....

Mr. Man
05-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Just imagine the heat at Carlisle. Im sure that will take the edge off the chill!This year you can sit next to me and basque in my coolness:beatnik:

Egon Spengler
05-10-2010, 07:00 PM
hee hee hee....
oh come on man... that is a reach... around...

rayjay
05-10-2010, 08:34 PM

May have to bail out again on Carlisle thanks to the governor of the less than great state of NY...

dakslim
05-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I hate you crusty!:lol:

Hey, have some respect for your seniors!:argue:
:censor: "yout". I know my way around "Wushta" so keep lookin' over your shoulder.;)

Egon Spengler
05-11-2010, 05:16 AM
:censor: "yout". I know my way around "Wushta" so keep lookin' over your shoulder.;)
Remember I am a woman in a pink Prius! You should have no trouble finding me

CBT
05-11-2010, 05:37 AM

You're going to be behind him whispering, huh. Nasty.

Egon Spengler
05-11-2010, 05:42 AM
You're going to be behind him whispering, huh. Nasty.
He wants me to look over my should at him like an angry dragon and claw and growl at him... He misses when dinosaurs used to roam the earth when he was a kid...

dakslim
05-11-2010, 08:06 AM
He wants me to look over my should at him like an angry dragon and claw and growl at him... He misses when dinosaurs used to roam the earth when he was a kid...

Careful, I have a friend named Rex and he most definetly is a dinosaur!:P

Egon Spengler
05-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Careful, I have a friend named Rex and he most definetly is a dinosaur!:P
What, are you going to sick him on me by having him change around one of my posts so it sounds homosexual or have him respond with a "That's what she said"? Go fall asleep to Murder She Wrote...

Blackened300a
05-11-2010, 09:24 AM
May have to bail out again on Carlisle thanks to the governor of the less than great state of NY...

I sure hope not. :(
Let me know, Ill throw your shirts in the mail after Carlisle.

rayjay
05-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not 100% sure I'm effected, but my support staff is.

As far as the weather, we froze our butts off at my daughters JH softball game yesterday afternoon. 40* and high winds. I finally said enough and watched from the DTR... Seriously considering the move south in the next year instead of 5 years from now. Just have to wait for the final $$$ figure on my retirement income.

dakslim
05-12-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm not 100% sure I'm effected, but my support staff is.

As far as the weather, we froze our butts off at my daughters JH softball game yesterday afternoon. 40* and high winds. I finally said enough and watched from the DTR... Seriously considering the move south in the next year instead of 5 years from now. Just have to wait for the final $$$ figure on my retirement income.

I collected all kinds of info on different states before I finally decided to come here. Taxes are less here, heating is less as is real estate, etc.:beer: For instance, I was paying almost $1,000. personal property tax on my Marauder in Ct but about $100. here.

LIGHTNIN1
05-12-2010, 08:39 AM
I collected all kinds of info on different states before I finally decided to come here. Taxes are less here, heating is less as is real estate, etc.:beer: For instance, I was paying almost $1,000. personal property tax on my Marauder in Ct but about $100. here.

GROAN!:confused: