PDA

View Full Version : Q for my Canadian brothers

RF Overlord
05-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Bunny and I are traveling to Ontario for the STAP tour in June. We have a Bermudian friend who has a place in Toronto and we have always wanted to visit, so this works perfectly. My question is whether American money is commonly accepted in that area or should we get some CAD$ ahead of time in case we can't exchange cash before we need some?

Peter
05-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Your best bet is to get some $CAD.

How long are you staying in Toronto? If you are not aware, there is also going to be a plant tour at the Oakville Assembly plant two days before the STAP tour...

Peter
05-11-2010, 09:44 AM
http://gtamc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82951

jeffrt
05-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Another easy option is to just hit a bank machine if they don't take your USD and get some CDN out.
You'll pay a couple bucks for the fee, but other than that, it's an easy way to go.

RF Overlord
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
I just found out there's a local bank that keeps CAD$ on hand, so I can exchange a few bucks to bring with, along with the traveler's cheques.

Peter, thanks for the link but my work schedule won't let me leave any earlier so I can't make the Oakville tour...I would LOVE to, though...

Icarus
05-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Most places around here will give you squat for US $, so you'd be much better off imho getting CDN $ before hand or as others mentioned from the bank/machine as you'd get the best rates...

scruff
05-12-2010, 06:51 PM
i think theres not much difference in the dollar at the moment give or take a couple of cents a dollar is a dollar,,your american money will be accepted anywhere in canada so its your choice bro

RF Overlord
05-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Most places around here will give you squat for US $, so you'd be much better off imho getting CDN $ before hand or as others mentioned from the bank/machine as you'd get the best rates...

i think theres not much difference in the dollar at the moment give or take a couple of cents a dollar is a dollar,,your american money will be accepted anywhere in canada so its your choice broNo disrespect, but it sounds like you're both telling me opposite things. We're only gonna be there for 4 days and most things like meals, hotel, souvenirs, etc will be on a credit card...I just want to be prepared if we need to buy incidentals like a soda at a convenience store where I wouldn't want to use the CC. If American money is commonly accepted, then that's great, but I just want to be a courteous visitor.

Peter
05-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Where in Toronto will you be? Perhaps we can meet up, should you desire.

Icarus
05-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Alot of places don't update their exchange often around here. I'd stick with the bank for exchanging it imo...

Canmarauder
05-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Wondering if anyone can let me in on the details of the St. Thomas plant tour in June? How do I get involved with this? I'm only like a 25 minute drive away from the plant, but I wasn't even aware of this! I was looking through the other threads, but couldn't find anything more about this.
It would be nice to meet up with some of you fellow owners from the US.

MM03MOK
05-16-2010, 10:03 PM
It's the annual tour organized by CVN. All 60 spots filled quickly.

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=36&page=1