PDA

View Full Version : Old LTD Heater Core

davidholland
05-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Ok Guys I can use a little help here. I have a 72 LTD, I'm replacing the heater core it sits in a foam sort of gasket in the housing under the hood
up against the firewall. I can not find anyone who makes these gaskets. Everyone carries new heater cores, no one has the gaskets. Seems dumb that you would sell the core, but not the gasket that it sits in. If I installed it without it I think it would flop around in there and possibly produce condensation in some conditions. I guess I could come up with something from homedepot,but I would rather have the right part. I can not beleive that someone does not make them. I think that 69 thru 76 are the same. Thats a lot of cars! If anyone knows where I can get one please send me a PM!:help:

fastblackmerc
05-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Ok Guys I can use a little help here. I have a 72 LTD, I'm replacing the heater core it sits in a foam sort of gasket in the housing under the hood
up against the firewall. I can not find anyone who makes these gaskets. Everyone carries new heater cores, no one has the gaskets. Seems dumb that you would sell the core, but not the gasket that it sits in. If I installed it without it I think it would flop around in there and possibly produce condensation in some conditions. I guess I could come up with something from homedepot,but I would rather have the right part. I can not beleive that someone does not make them. I think that 69 thru 76 are the same. Thats a lot of cars! If anyone knows where I can get one please send me a PM!:help:

Try Steele Rubber Products

www.steelerubber.com

davidholland
05-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Steele doesn't carry them.

Dennis Carpenter does not Carry them

Auto Krafters Doesn't

Mac Doesn't

I guess I'll have to engineer something.:mad:

Icarus
05-12-2010, 02:59 PM
When I did the core in '79 Merc I used foam tape (sticky one side) and it seemed to work good for the 5-6 years from when I did it to ditching the car. It's closed cell so should last a long while...

davidholland
05-13-2010, 04:11 AM
Thats what I'll use its off to Home depot! Looks like I'm out of options