PDA

View Full Version : Weird :P

Vostok
05-12-2010, 04:08 PM
I just saw 4 police cars similar to this all driving down the road single-file.

http://www.snuffledopple.com/images/umpolicef.jpg

No town or state badges, no stickers of any sort. Just the two-tone paint job. Thought that was kind of odd...

J-MAN
05-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Sounds like a delivery.

Vostok
05-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a delivery.

I thought that too at first but they were all loaded with 2-3 cops per car in uniform.

jgc61sr2002
05-12-2010, 04:19 PM
New vehicles that haven't received ID markings yet.

Vortex
05-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Which makes me wonder if any state police or other departments are going to load up on P71's before they quit making them? As we know, they are hard to damage, easy to repair (with tons of spare parts around), roomy inside and may be even a good deal now. The alternatives are a) the new Ford Taurus "Interceptor" (front wheel drive unibody. unsuitable for heavy duty police work); the Charger (expensive if you get the hemi, unibody easy to bend, expensive to fix) and the Chevys, the old Impala (front wheel drive, unibody, unsuitable) and the new Caprice (nice car but when you need parts, "Hello, Australia??") If I needed new police cars either now or in the near future, Id rat-hole a bunch of new P71s now.

Egon Spengler
05-13-2010, 07:48 AM
I am guessing they are on their way for lettering...

NYGarageQueen
05-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I was in PA years ago and we pulled up into a parking lot to see a mobile unit being transported to New York, it was all lettered and painted and ready to go for the Suffolk PD, was kind of cool to see something from home in another state.

PonyUP
05-13-2010, 07:41 PM
You sure it wasn't this

yil9wlfa0yo

kernie
05-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Which makes me wonder if any state police or other departments are going to load up on P71's before they quit making them? As we know, they are hard to damage, easy to repair (with tons of spare parts around), roomy inside and may be even a good deal now. The alternatives are a) the new Ford Taurus "Interceptor" (front wheel drive unibody. unsuitable for heavy duty police work); the Charger (expensive if you get the hemi, unibody easy to bend, expensive to fix) and the Chevys, the old Impala (front wheel drive, unibody, unsuitable) and the new Caprice (nice car but when you need parts, "Hello, Australia??") If I needed new police cars either now or in the near future, Id rat-hole a bunch of new P71s now.
The police chief here wanted to load up a while back, partly because they run on propane but the politicians have beat down the idea.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/01/21/12565946.html

duhtroll
05-14-2010, 02:25 PM
I spoke to one of our city officers while he was writing up the accident report for the third person who had backed into my car in 18 months... :mad:

He told me they are going with the new Taurus cars. I asked him about hopping curbs and he said the department already has a "no curb hopping" policy anyway.

(No, not the Marauder - that stays garaged -- my work car)