PDA

View Full Version : Question for those living in Chicago

rossv1
05-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Im finally going on vacation and I decided to head to your place. Im a college going and just looking for a week long adventure that will end in Chicago. Just want to know what I can do in your area and what places are worth seeing. Thanks.

P.S.-I will be using the MM for the trip, so if you see one with Jersey plates, its me.

knine
05-14-2010, 05:18 AM
Avoid it at all costs. Construction season has started. Your vacation will consist of the entire week sitting in traffic. Seriously, why would anyone want to visit the Chicago area? Run while you can.

Bradley G
05-14-2010, 05:28 AM
It's all good, when are you going to be here?

Vortex
05-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Not from there and dont live there but have to say I remember Chicago as a pretty cool town, especially in the summer and fall. Lots to do and see (hell, they even have a genuine U-boat in a museum there), decent folks and great chow. Their pizza is a mess but they do have the worlds best hot dogs!

Egon Spengler
05-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Can visit a homeless man's box or a gang hang out spot....

The only reason I would go to Chicago is to meet my Marauder Brethren...

justbob
05-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Not from there and dont live there but have to say I remember Chicago as a pretty cool town, especially in the summer and fall. Lots to do and see (hell, they even have a genuine U-boat in a museum there), decent folks and great chow. Their pizza is a mess but they do have the worlds best hot dogs!
That submarine recently undertook a new move to underground! They built an entire building underground to accomidate it, it is quite the thing to see now! Thats would be the science and industry building. We also have the Shed Aquarium museum, downtown cuizine. If you happen to be bringing a lady friend, there is the horse and buggy tours that the wife and I enjoy. Many dinner cruises, power boat cruises, quite endless day and night action. Enjoy your stay!

PonyUP
05-14-2010, 07:03 AM
If you're here towards the latter part of June, there is the Taste of Chicago,
If you're a baseball fan, a trip to Wrigley for a game is a must (ticketgoat.com)
If it is open again by then, a cruise on lower wacker
As people have said, there is the museum of science and Industry
If you're into shopping, Michigan avenue has it all
Truvano's is the best italian restaurant in the city, it is local owned and cash only but well worth it.
You have to have Portillo's and Lou Malanatis while here
And then finish it off at the Tilted Kilt

bawazir
05-14-2010, 07:05 AM
The strip joint, but i tell you now there aint going to be any skinny chicks, 100% pure thickness :D

Vortex
05-14-2010, 07:07 AM
I was there in the fall of 74 and again in the fall of 1982 (Great Lakes actually but spent many a weekend in Chicago). Im sure they are gone now but back in the day I used to laugh my ass off listening to Steve Dahl and Gary Meyers (?) on WLS. I also remember playing golf there, some fantastic courses. It was also cool driving around looking at the Frank Lloyd Wright houses. Taste of Chicago was really nice too. Ive travelled a ton in the US and Chicago is one place where I have almost all positive memories (of course I was never there in February!)

PonyUP
05-14-2010, 07:13 AM
The strip joint, but i tell you now there aint going to be any skinny chicks, 100% pure thickness :D

Where r u going, to $5 hooker clubs on Cicero Avenue, where the chicks are all gums and smell of yesterdays pork?

If your looking for decent clubs
Admiral theatre
PoleKatz
Heavenly Bodies

Pops
05-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Stop in South Haven, Michigan on your way. We have plenty of neat things here along the lake and would be happy to show you around. Chicago is about 100 miles from here.

Vostok
05-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Shed Aquarium (Ocean stuff) http://www.sheddaquarium.org/

Museum of Science and Industry http://www.msichicago.org/

Field Museum (Dinosaur bones and stuff) http://www.fieldmuseum.org/

Planetarium (planets and outer space) http://www.adlerplanetarium.org/

Navy Pier (all sorts of stuff there) http://www.navypier.com/

Hope this helps!

rossv1
05-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Hey thanks for all the suggestions everyone. You guys crack me up. But to answer a few of your questions, I am going by myself, I will be there between May 17-20 and like I said im driving there from Jersey. The reason I choose Chicago is because Im 23 and have barely traveled and since im on a 3 week vacation from college before summer classes start i want to go do some exploring. If I had 3 full weeks to travel I would do a cross country road trip but I would put the MM through trouble like that, I would just get a rental and beat the crap out of it instead.

TAKEDOWN
05-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Marauder meet tonight 6pm at Duke's Drive-In, 8115 S. Harlem Ave., Bridgeview, Illinois!!!

tbone
05-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Can visit a homeless man's box or a gang hang out spot....

The only reason I would go to Chicago is to meet my Marauder Brethren...

I suppose Boston is the Garden of Eden?

Chicago has its problems but it is a great town! You have to visit to appreciate it. Amazing lakefront, amazing skyline, amazing amount of things to do.

guspech750
05-15-2010, 03:42 PM
The Manhole!! Its the greatest gay bar in Wrigleyville AKA Cubs fans.

PonyUP
05-16-2010, 10:32 AM
The Manhole!! Its the greatest gay bar in Wrigleyville AKA Cubs fans.

Weren't you like the one millionth customer there?

You want to know the hardest part about being a Sox Fan? It's not having to tell your Dad you're GAY!, he already knows that, It's removing the dorothy rainbow bumper sticker from your DTR and replacing it with a "Good guys wear Black sticker, oh and I think only sox fans actually have DTR's

guspech750
05-16-2010, 11:30 AM
I was like the one millionth customer there!:banana:

You want to know the hardest part about being a Cubs Fan? It's not having to tell your Dad you're GAY!, He already knows that, It's removing the Chippendales Sun Visor from my windshiled before my dad leaves for work from my Mustang!! But I do think only Cool Hot and Sexy people have DTR's

There I fixed it for you Brad!!:lol:

PonyUP
05-16-2010, 01:20 PM
There I fixed it for you Brad!!:lol:

:lol::beer::beer: Nice, though only a Sox fan wold have so little creativity to turn around someone elses post as opposed to creating one of their own. Now I know with your DTR, you have a little Mustang envy, I get that, but look at the bright side, it's not a ricer.

:flamer: