PDA

View Full Version : Air compressor

dakslim
05-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Anyone know anything about air compressors? I have a Kobalt 20 Gal compressor that kicks on for a second or two and then shuts back off. That is all it will do now. Anybody?:help:

Haggis
05-17-2010, 04:25 AM
Anyone know anything about air compressors? I have a Kobalt 20 Gal compressor that kicks on for a second or two and then shuts back off. That is all it will do now. Anybody?:help:

You need to get your wife an inhaler, it will help her with her breathing.

musclemerc
05-17-2010, 04:31 AM
The first thing to check is the reset button. It more than likely needs replacing.

dakslim
05-17-2010, 05:08 AM
You need to get your wife an inhaler, it will help her with her breathing.

Hey hairy bagpipe blower. I'm not married.:shake:

Haggis
05-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Hey hairy bagpipe blower. I'm not married.:shake:
Then give the inhaler to your boyfriend.

Egon Spengler
05-17-2010, 05:46 AM
Man, you are starting a lot of new threads! Going to start calling you Dom!:P

dakslim
05-17-2010, 06:20 AM

Whoa, there, Butt Bandit, don't even put me in that catagory!!!!!:mad2:

Egon Spengler
05-17-2010, 06:25 AM
well come on... I sign in and there are three or four threads that sounded like they could be Dom threads and I see your name under them!

Hike, Air Compressor, Model T.... what next? "8:13a.m. took my first of four dumps for the day"???? :P :P :P

te hehehe

dakslim
05-17-2010, 06:27 AM
well come on... I sign in and there are three or four threads that sounded like they could be Dom threads and I see your name under them!

Hike, Air Compressor, Model T.... what next? "8:13a.m. took my first of four dumps for the day"???? :P :P :P

te hehehe

Methinks you are a stalker.:eek: You must be like CBT...he never works at work either.:shake:

CBT
05-17-2010, 06:43 AM
Methinks you are a stalker.:eek: You must be like CBT...he never works at work either.:shake:
Yes I do! Er...wait...

CBT
05-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Just remembered, I punched holes in a stack of papers this morning and put them in a binder. Then, I read some news articles out of Phoenix about a gun battle on a busy street, and a gal that was held captive for 7 days. Phoenix is out of control.

dakslim
05-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Just remembered, I punched holes in a stack of papers this morning and put them in a binder. Then, I read some news articles out of Phoenix about a gun battle on a busy street, and a gal that was held captive for 7 days. Phoenix is out of control.

You must be just plain tuckered out!:sleepy: There's gonna be running gun battles everywhere if we don't get our act together.:(

SC Cheesehead
05-17-2010, 06:53 AM

te hehehe

A :geezer: Motorhead, I LOVE IT!

Better yet, an old-guy AJ! :lol:

BTW Phil, do you have any aspirations toward ever owning a VW Phateon? Just asking....

dakslim
05-17-2010, 06:58 AM
A :geezer: Motorhead, I LOVE IT!

Better yet, an old-guy AJ! :lol:

BTW Phil, do you have any aspirations toward ever owning a VW Phateon? Just asking....

Back off, Gouda gourd!:argue: You'll be kicked out of the :censor: geezer gang.

SC Cheesehead
05-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Back off, Gouda gourd!:argue: You'll be kicked out of the :censor: geezer gang.

Whaaa, I'm a charter member....

CBT
05-17-2010, 06:59 AM
You must be just plain tuckered out!:sleepy: There's gonna be running gun battles everywhere if we don't get our act together.:(
[/URL]

[URL]http://www.kpho.com/video/23573904/index.html (http://www.kpho.com/video/23573904/index.html)

dakslim
05-17-2010, 07:06 AM
http://www.kpho.com/video/23573904/index.html

With our "do nothing" congress these slime balls will be emboldened to do just about anything and it won't be long.

BTW, is that the famous French restaurant, Jaques in the box in the video?

Egon Spengler
05-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Sooooo does anyone have any information on air compressors????:rolleyes:

dakslim
05-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Sooooo does anyone have any information on air compressors????:rolleyes:

Yeah, really guys, c'mon.

Haggis
05-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Yeah, really guys, c'mon.

What was your question?

dakslim
05-17-2010, 08:09 AM
What was your question?

Um, I forgot!:P

Haggis
05-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Um, I forgot!:P

Oldtimers setting in.

thathotrodlincn
05-17-2010, 08:43 AM
If you provide the full model no of the compressor, including motor voltage and horsepower, I might be able to obtain a piping and electrical schematic. With those, I might have be able to develop some suggestions.

LeoVampire
05-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Some compressors have a spring loaded breaker point set up that is ajusted to break the contact once the pressure reaches a certain point.

Over time the springs start to get tired and break the contact and shut off the compressor.

There should be 2 adjustments you can make if it has this type of set up.

But before you do anything disconect the power and look at the point contacts and make sure they are clean and do not have any high arch points on them. Use a piece of emery cloth and clean them up and check to see if there is free spring movment in and out.

Then plug it back in and make the adjustments. They are usualy located under a cover where the on off switch is and main power suply goes into it.

But it would help a lot of you took pictures of your Compressor and posted them to see exactly what set up yours has. So you might be guided further on this for your paticular one.

I am using a general repair and adjustment I have needed to do on other portable air compressors people have owned.

dakslim
05-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Hopefully this is it.

LeoVampire
05-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Hopefully this is it.

I have not worked on any of those so I can not guide you on a repair or ajustment.

You need to find the scamatics for it or download them from the company first then go from there.

dakslim
05-17-2010, 12:16 PM
I have not worked on any of those so I can not guide you on a repair or ajustment.

You need to find the scamatics for it or download them from the company first then go from there.

I appreciate the input...thanks.:)

LeoVampire
05-17-2010, 12:20 PM
I appreciate the input...thanks.:)

I have only worked on the higher end units that are 220 volt feed lines.

But there maybe breaker points set up inside of that one as well. You would have to take that cover off of it and see how it operates. It may be based on the same prinsible just less complicated.

Most 220 units have 4 breaker points for contact you may only have a couple or even 1 instead.