PDA

View Full Version : Not an MM sighting...

Blk Mamba
05-19-2010, 11:40 AM
...but what was the Goodyear blimp doing flying over Cleveland, Oh. today, while I was driving my MM.

Zack
05-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Probably advertising, WTF? LOL

Egon Spengler
05-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I used to work near where the good year blimp was stationed in california... I was all over SoCal so I can't remember if it was in Long Beach area or San Diego... Pretty neat to see on the ground!

Blk Mamba
05-19-2010, 01:06 PM
The blimp hanger is in Irvine, just a few miles from the old El Toro Marine base, (thats where they made them in WWII.) I don't watch a lot of sports, so I didn't know if it was for an Indians game, or just out flying.

RoyLPita
05-19-2010, 01:18 PM
We have one in Pompano Beach. One time it crashed in Coral Springs after flying in a thunder storm.

a_d_a_m
05-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Probably advertising, WTF? LOL AFAIK, no major mass-audience events in the county and certainly none in my zip code...44077 is hardly the market to blow money on blimpvertising anyway.

But yes...for some reason it was out hovering over Painesville (and very near my house) for quite some time this afternoon. When I got home from work, the neighbors were all going ape***** about it.

Maybe they were just out for a test drive.

Add to this the fact that there were two bi-planes (http://www.argi.com/Biplane%20Tennis.jpg) flying over my house two days ago and let me tell you, we're having our own hillbilly/ghetto airshows!