PDA

View Full Version : Got rearended on my motorcycle!

Egon Spengler
05-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Hey guys,
First off let me say that I am 100% ok. I found this interesting so I thought I would share. I was on my way to my sister's graduation for her associate's degree and I was stopped at the light in front of the institution waiting to pull into the parking lot. I was at a complete stop when all of a sudden I hear screeching tires and I said "Oh f***" because I knew they had my name on them! The guy left about 15' of rubber before hitting the back of my motorcycle. I left off the brake to absorb some of the hit, but I hit the brake quickly right after so I didn't go into the back of the car in front of me. I yelled "GOD F***ING DAMMIT!" which is rare for me to say being a good Catholic boy, but I was pissed. Am glad that I was able to walk away from it though and now I will get some nice new parts for my bike! He pushed the rear fender in right up to the tire so I am going to have them do a full check of the whole drive train at his expense! I was able to right it into the parking lot after I pulled the fender away from the tire. That was something I don't want to experience ever again!

My rider friends... Always be checking 360 degrees! I saw this coming and was able to keep the shiny side up.

My driver friends... look twice, save a life! motorcycles are everywhere... or at least look ahead so you don't plow into the back of a motorcycle!! :P

Pics will come tonight. I took them yesterday, but I didn't have any time to upload them.

What a day...

MMarauder03
05-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Way to be alert man. Glad you're okay! Hope you get your bike up and runnin soon.

Egon Spengler
05-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Way to be alert man. Glad you're okay! Hope you get your bike up and runnin soon.
That's what sucks... This is prime riding time in New England! I am going to make his insurance co aware of this!

1stMerc
05-21-2010, 07:54 AM
You were darn lucky and good you kept your wits about you. Came close a few times when i use to ride. Worked on a spinal cord injury unit where a few weren't as fortunate.

Be safe while in the wind.

TAKEDOWN
05-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Phew... I'm glad you were able to walk away at the end!

Vortex
05-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Glad you are ok. One little thing I try to do is not be "first" in line at a red light if possible. If I see up ahead a redlight I try to get behind another car already there. I do this for two reasons, first maybe some idiot coming up from behind who might not notice a bike would notice a car and secondly when the light goes green Id rather not be the first thing to cross the intersection and take a chance some moron is trying to beat the light coming the other way. Cant always do this but when traffic permits, this is what I do anyway.

Egon Spengler
05-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Glad you are ok. One little thing I try to do is not be "first" in line at a red light if possible. If I see up ahead a redlight I try to get behind another car already there. I do this for two reasons, first maybe some idiot coming up from behind who might not notice a bike would notice a car and secondly when the light goes green Id rather not be the first thing to cross the intersection and take a chance some moron is trying to beat the light coming the other way. Cant always do this but when traffic permits, this is what I do anyway.
True that! I was about 7 cars back from the light itself! haha He didn't see the car, or the line of cars for that matter! haha

justbob
05-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Soooo, did you kick his azz? Once again, i'm glad to hear your okay, even though you AND your sister have been giving your mom mini heart attacks lately!

dakslim
05-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Glad your'e ok...I was very nearly run off the side of a bridge by some broad that "didn't see me".:stupid: I was riding a Honda Goldwing so can't get much bigger than that.

I finally sold my bike last year as the road seemed to get closer to my face the older I got.:eek: I do miss it though.:bigcry:

Egon Spengler
05-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Soooo, did you kick his azz? Once again, i'm glad to hear your okay, even though you AND your sister have been giving your mom mini heart attacks lately!
No azz kicking... My sister had someone rear end her a couple weeks ago and then run! My sister tracked him down and got out of the car yelling... She is one tough cookie! haha... My mom has been freaking out lately to say the least! haha

Glad your'e ok...I was very nearly run off the side of a bridge by some broad that "didn't see me".:stupid: I was riding a Honda Goldwing so can't get much bigger than that.

I finally sold my bike last year as the road seemed to get closer to my face the older I got.:eek: I do miss it though.:bigcry:
Yeah... It is getting more and more dangerous out there to ride a motorcycle! This accident hasn't given me a fear of riding, but will definitely make me more aware of my surroundings at ALL times!!!

LeoVampire
05-21-2010, 08:52 AM
I am glad to hear your okay and the bike is in okay shape!

No one pays attention now a days it seems too busy with life and work rushing around without a thought about others around them till it is too late.

Count your blessings and thank someone that the car stoped before you got crushed between 2 cars!

Rocknthehawk
05-21-2010, 09:23 AM
glad you're ok tommy boy. lost a few friends to bike accidents. I saw your status on fb about it...."think i'll take the bike for parking options!"

Zack
05-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Got Rear Ended on My Motorcycle!

Was he Gentle? :eek:

CBT
05-21-2010, 09:39 AM
^^ka-pow^^

Egon Spengler
05-21-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm glad you find humor in my traumatic experience...

RacerX
05-21-2010, 09:51 AM
I always leave lots of room between myself and motorcycles (except on light trip plates when you get the nod to help!). Problem that I hate with that though is that as soon as I leave plenty of room, there's always some jackass that scooches right in front of you and rides the bike!!! :shake: Most people have NO clue. Glad you're ok btw! Shoulda done the ole: "Argghhhhh.... MY NECK!! I think it's broke!!!!" :D

CBT
05-21-2010, 09:52 AM
You are posting here, it was not a traumatic experience.

Zack
05-21-2010, 09:53 AM

Anytime I see an exclamation point in the title, I assume there is no trauma.
So, was he gentle? :confused:

RacerX
05-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Anytime I see an exclamation point in the title, I assume there is no trauma.
So, was he gentle? :confused:
You don't need to be gentle if it's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway! :D

Zack
05-21-2010, 09:58 AM
you don't need to be gentle if it's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway! :d

woohoo snap!

CBT
05-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Did the police make you fill one of these out?

PonyUP
05-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Sorry to hear about the bike, and most definitely glad you aren't hurt. Drivers realy need to pay attention when they are driving to all vehicles on the road. Not on their cells texting, or calling or playing with their IPods or whatever stupid crap they do. my question is, if he was coming up on a red light anyway, he shouldn't have had to slam on the brakes if he was paying attention.

Glad your okay though bud

Phrog_gunner
05-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Hey guys,
First off let me say that I am 100% ok.

I'm no rocket surgeon but 100% ok means no trauma? Make up your mind. Looks like you are filling in for Dom while he's in England.

Egon Spengler
05-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Bike is totalled... Looks like I get to start trying to figure out what to do with the money... The frame is cracked

dakslim
05-23-2010, 06:23 AM
I'm no rocket surgeon but 100% ok means no trauma? Make up your mind. Looks like you are filling in for Dom while he's in England.

Don't you mean brain scientist?:P

Hadamustang1
05-23-2010, 06:47 AM
What kind of bike did you have. You going to get another? Glad youre ok.. Got to watch your six o clock at all times..

twin03
05-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Wow. Glad you are ok......

Haggis
05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Bike is totalled... Looks like I get to start trying to figure out what to do with the money... The frame is cracked

Dibs on your floor mats.

Gryphonzus
05-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Just glad to hear you are OK!! And kept the shiny side up!:banana2:

Big Black Beast
05-23-2010, 10:46 PM
The important thing is that you are okay. It could have been much worse. Nobody seems to be able to see my giant black car, it's no wonder people don't see motorcycles.

Egon Spengler
05-24-2010, 05:14 AM
The important thing is that you are okay. It could have been much worse. Nobody seems to be able to see my giant black car, it's no wonder people don't see motorcycles.
YUP! Eventhough my bike is still shiny, I guess there is a crack in the frame and I will have to total it. I am not even going to ask to buy it back or anything. It is gone and time for a new one!! :banana2:

Ms. Denmark
05-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Wow Tom! That could have been really awful! Glad you were able to walk away!!!!!

Egon Spengler
05-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Wow Tom! That could have been really awful! Glad you were able to walk away!!!!!
Me too! Judging by his skid marks, if he didn't hit the brakes, I wouldn't be here most likely. I would say he was doing about 40mph. Could have been an ugly scene!

knine
05-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Glad you're O.K. Here in Illinois they just convicted a lady, she's on her way to prision. She was painting her nails while driving and hit a motorcycle at a stop, she killed the female operator of the bike.

CBT
05-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Does your bike look like this now? Because it is awesome! Oh, err...glad you're okay and stuff....

Egon Spengler
05-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Glad you're O.K. Here in Illinois they just convicted a lady, she's on her way to prision. She was painting her nails while driving and hit a motorcycle at a stop, she killed the female operator of the bike.
I can't believe people today. This guy said he was up working all night. This accident happened at 3:45 PM!!! He didn't get any rest?!?!? haha... WAKE THE F*** UP PEOPLE!