PDA

View Full Version : Leaving tomorrow.

Motorhead350
05-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Hey guys and girls. I'll be departing for London tomorrow. This will be a chance to get closer to where I wanna be in life and make more connections in the music industry. I'm going back to that Rock N' Roll Fantasy camp to network and pass out my bands latest demo. Our Marauder song will be on the album and the song is called Mean Marauder. A title to the album is yet to be announced. We are thinking of I've Got The Money, You've Got The Time? (little inside joke) The Five Dollar Album (If you know the James Brown 5 dollar reference, you get the joke) or Rock N' Roll Part Two (yes taken from Gary Glitter, but you get the other meaning too.

This will be my first trip outside of the United States. I'll be going to Abby Road (I guess it's a big deal if you're a Beatles fan) and recording bands over there for days at a time. I'll see what I can find for Zack so maybe he can work on my car again... BTW I didn't check the PM, I fear I'll be told to F-off so I'll save that for later.

There is something I want you all to be aware of and I'm sure a lotta you know it too. You can get anything in this world you want... ANYTHING if you have the drive to do it and prepare to face a lotta BS, rejection and have the patience to continue to persure it. This Rock Camp didn't want me at first, but after calling them four times and finally leaving a message saying "I'll be there next week with my drummer." I got a hold of them. We did so well that they want us overseas and for the next camps too. I know a camp may sound dumb, but the point is to work our way up. Last time we drove a car there on our own dollar and cost of living on our own dollar too. The risk paid off. Who knows what's going to come about of this? Confidence is the key to opening that door to success.

I just see so many people in this world waste their talent's it's almost depressing for me. Too many people just settle too. A lot look back and say "What if?". If you have dream go for it and don't let it be a dream (dreams aren't in reality) make it a goal, accomplish it and set a higher one. You will get there eventually, but it will take time to get it right... do you have the time? If not, make the time.

I know this may seem kinda like a blog and if it bored you I am sorry. I just wanted to say a few words before this attention whore is gone for 2 weeks or so.

Also special thanks to Derick, we will have details later. Looks like I might be the first member to meet another one in Europe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well it's time to do some laundry and pack up. Have fun as always.

:burnout:

TAKEDOWN
05-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Good luck and all the success to you Dom!

swordfish
05-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Good luck!

justbob
05-21-2010, 08:16 AM
I admire the fact that you can chase your dreams. I am not happy with the route that I took in life, but untill you are married with a mortgage and three kids, then don't say that anyone can make changes and follow dreams. This is something that I defininately plan to do once the kids have grown up, for now I plan to sit back and enjoy watching them grow up and try my best to steer them towards their dreams and not simply chase money like I did. It's a responsible thing that I plan to do, after that I am prepared to gamble all and make serious life changes.

Have a safe trip, see ya soon.

bawazir
05-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Good luck and have a safe trip Dom

1 Bad Merc
05-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Way to go Dom! Make it happen my friend.....Let me be the first :) to warn you -English food sucks but the beer is great!

Have a good trip.

Egon Spengler
05-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Have a good and safe trip Dom... What is your girlfriend going to do without you?!?!

LeoVampire
05-21-2010, 08:48 AM
I hope all goes well for you over there and the wind always stays with you!

Be a good boy and stay out of trouble and have some fun!

03calitejas
05-21-2010, 08:50 AM
livin life large dude...soak it up and enjoy!

LIGHTNIN1
05-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Show em what an American can do when he sets his mind to it. Enjoy and I wish you all the success.

dohc324ci
05-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Good Luck man enjoy!

HEAVY HITTER
05-21-2010, 09:09 AM
I hope that everything goes well for you and wish you the best of luck on your trip!!

ctrlraven
05-21-2010, 09:26 AM
You do have a current passport right? lol

Best of luck to you Dom!

CBT
05-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Rock on, bro! Take pics and whatnot! :beer:

martyo
05-21-2010, 09:57 AM
I hope your trip is long and productive. :D

RacerX
05-21-2010, 10:05 AM
As a waitress said to a rude customer that said he would never come back: "We'll Miss You!!!" :D

Matt In Detroit
05-21-2010, 10:16 AM
You know what they say about the door.......:beer:

Mike
05-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Good luck and have a safe and adventurous time :rock: :wave:

fastblackmerc
05-21-2010, 10:33 AM
I hope your trip is long and productive. :D

+1!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana2:

Egon Spengler
05-21-2010, 10:36 AM
You know what they say about the door.......:beer:
Which saying....?

Don't let it hit you on the way out?

or

Is always open?

guspech750
05-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Rock on freaky Dude!!! I hope you find what you are going after.
Remember. If you need some inspiration, you can always look up to your new found inspiring friend. Carson Kressley

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19 526&d=1271033051 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19 526&d=1271033051)

Looks like hes ready to join your band bro! LOL

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Carson_Kressley.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Carson_Kressley.jpg)

Matt In Detroit
05-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Which saying....?

Don't let it hit you on the way out?

or

Is always open?

How bout the first one..

CBT
05-21-2010, 11:16 AM
This is one of the funniest pics I've ever seen, we had fun there this year, huh?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19 526&d=1271033051 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19 526&d=1271033051)

ntd
05-21-2010, 12:11 PM
All this for a 2 week or so trip to London:rolleyes:. Have a safe long trip

justbob
05-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Give Becky my number:D

Egon Spengler
05-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Give Becky my number:D
Look up "Becky" under urbandictionary.com.

I like Becky personally....

Motorhead350
05-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys! :D

I can't wait for new pictures because I have lost a little fat since giving up soda completely.

Matt, I don't even remember the grudge so whatever it is forget about it... I'm sure I'll see you at the Dream Cruise sometime. ;)

It'll be a gas. You guys are great.

Becky will be fine and she'll be protecting my vehicles, feeding the turtles, the cat and the fish my roommate left behind.

Just one day to go till non stop rock n' roll... then I will have to correct everyone and say it's British Invasion, Classic Rock, exc. :lol:

RacerX
05-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Look up "Becky" under urbandictionary.com.

I like Becky personally....
Look up Hollywood Boulevard or Speed Sock in urbandictionary! They wouldn't accept our entry for "The Anne Frank". If you would like to know our entry for that one, pm me... :D

Egon Spengler
05-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Look up Hollywood Boulevard or Speed Sock in urbandictionary! They wouldn't accept our entry for "The Anne Frank". If you would like to know our entry for that one, pm me... :D
LOL... Please PM me haha

Motorhead350
05-21-2010, 01:08 PM
You guys have never even seen my Becky!

I guess anything with big boobs will do for ya. If whales had breast's you all would wanna save the whales.

:lol:

guspech750
05-21-2010, 01:50 PM
This is one of the funniest pics I've ever seen, we had fun there this year, huh?
F-ing hell yeah!!!! We had fun!!!

TCBO1
05-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I am glad to hear you succeeded in getting into the camp!! I hope you get what you are looking for while you are there... when you do make it big don't forget us little people!!

J-MAN
05-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Are your Parents going to remodel the basement while your gone? :confused:

PonyUP
05-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Best of Luck to you Dom, hope you have a great time. Be safe, and I am so glad to see you going after something that makes you so happy

babbage
05-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Good luck - although I bet somehow Dom will be back and posting in 2 days. Something about a passport...

Prove me wrong you crazy pro charged fool.

Motorhead350
05-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Are your Parents going to remodel the basement while your gone? :confused:

They don't have one to remodel and I live on the second floor of an apartment. Quit typing BS or I will flush a stink pickle over your house during my flight.

Good luck - although I bet somehow Dom will be back and posting in 2 days. Something about a passport...

Prove me wrong you crazy pro charged fool.

I got my passport weeks ago and have it in my pocket right now. ;)

I will have no time to post. Even when I do, I'd too beat at the end of the day to do anything.

Dereck
05-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Hi Motorhead350

Make sure you bring some lube and brace yourself for immigration :D

Later mang

Dereck

Bluerauder
05-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Good luck on your trip, Dom. :up: Enjoy yourself. Keep chasing that dream.