PDA

View Full Version : Crown vic Transmission question....

norman_p71
05-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Another problem....
-This is in the lounge don't hate for it not being about a marauder-

so Ive noticed that from time to time, normally when in second gear, if If I go full throttle with OD off, nothing happens, it gains speed slowly, but it doesn't sound like RPMs are increasing, and its not gaining speed anywhere near as fast as it should be. Right off the line this is more rare, but still happens.

Im starting to think that its slipping, but wanted another opinion. Ive noticed recently it happens with OD off more often than when its on, which to me makes ZERO sense. it should be the opposite?
I was planning on Jmoding next month because I have yet to do that, but if its slipping, I don't want to risk making it worse...
Is it slipping? or could there be another issue?

BTW saw a ORANGE marauder in Indianapolis on thursday.... It had everything marauder....but Ive never seen an orange one before....?

musclemerc
05-22-2010, 10:49 AM
If it is the trans DOHC324 has a complete unit for 450.00 IIRC

Green96
05-22-2010, 12:06 PM
If you do not have a tune it is probably just the crappy stock shift points.

offroadking208
05-23-2010, 06:57 AM
If you do not have a tune it is probably just the crappy stock shift points.

+1 any speed of i think 30mph or over it doesn't drop back into 1st, it'll just hold 2nd. the reason mine drops into first until 33-34 is the Ztune i have ;)

babbage
05-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Sounds like it slipping. miles, service? Change the fluid - do a pan drop!

NYGarageQueen
05-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Sounds like it slipping. miles, service? Change the fluid - do a pan drop!

Agree with that! I had some small problems with my tranny a few weeks ago, and did a pan drop and now, well lets say, my back hurts :burnout::burnout::burnout: