PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Help

testme
05-23-2010, 04:22 AM
Hey does anybody have the BRB and could post the proper way to remove and install the fuel filter or pm me that info. I have my book on order but for now i'm in need of this advice. :help:

musclemerc
05-23-2010, 05:03 AM
First thing is goto Napa and get PN#R907537 these are the correct 1/8" push in locks Make sure the car has been sitting and is cold for atleast 1 hour, next get a 8mm socket and remove the bracket, then with a flat screwdriver remove the plastic clips take the old FF out, and replace with the new one install the new clips and retighten the bracket. Prime the injectors by turning the key on for 3 min off for 5 like 3 times then start the engine and check for leaks

testme
05-23-2010, 05:14 AM
your awesome.

musclemerc
05-23-2010, 05:15 AM
You do know the filter is just under the rear PS door right?

FordNut
05-23-2010, 05:32 AM
If you use one of the special tools for removing fuel line and ac line fittings you may not need the clips. The clips in the MM fittings are a newer type. The older type clips were easy to just pop out of the fittings and replacement clips came with the new filters. The newer type are usually destroyed when you pull them out of the fittings but if you use the special tool you don't have to remove the clips and the old ones will be re-useable.

testme
05-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Yes, but thanks. It was the clips I was more concerned about and the washer were they to get replaced and which local auto store had them you help with that. I'm replacing my wix filter today and maybe write a list of things to do later.