PDA

View Full Version : Allergies....

Zack
05-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Ive been allergy free my entire life up til this year. :mad2:

Cottonwood floating through the air the entire weekend, so much at times it looked like it was snowing.
I was out Saturday night when out of nowhere it became painful to blink...then my eyes started watering....and not 15 minutes later my eyelids were puffed up to the point I could not open them.

Went to bed, slept 12 straight hours, popped some Benadryl but could not stay awake for any length of time til 7pm Sunday night.
The swelling is gone now but I cant stand sunlight just yet.

I dont like getting old. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

fastblackmerc
05-24-2010, 09:14 AM
The pollen that you can see it's the pollen that affects you.

It's the stuff that you don't see that's a killer.

CBT
05-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Ive been allergy free my entire life up til this year. :mad2:

Cottonwood floating through the air the entire weekend, so much at times it looked like it was snowing.
I was out Saturday night when out of nowhere it became painful to blink...then my eyes started watering....and not 15 minutes later my eyelids were puffed up to the point I could not open them.

Went to bed, slept 12 straight hours, popped some Benadryl but could not stay awake for any length of time til 7pm Sunday night.
The swelling is gone now but I cant stand sunlight just yet.

Coincidence?! I was at home getting ripped and watching "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell" Saturday night when out of nowhere someone started sending me hilarious text and pics and vid clips while they were out partying. I think I'm going to make the first one my new ringtone, lol.:P

Zack
05-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Coincidence?! I was at home getting ripped and watching "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell" Saturday night when out of nowhere someone started sending me hilarious text and pics and vid clips while they were out partying. I think I'm going to make the first one my new ringtone, lol.:P

LOL it was not the alcohol or Blinky lights...

FordNut
05-24-2010, 09:23 AM
I never had allergies until last year. Pollen isn't too bad on me unless I'm out in it most of the day and stirring it up by mowing the yard. Cats kill me, though. Itches me to death, it kills me to go visit at Mom's since she's a cat lover and usually has 3-4 of them around. Gotta take a shower as soon as I get home from her house.

CBT
05-24-2010, 09:24 AM
LOL it was not the alcohol or Blinky lights...

Lmao, I liked the 'crazy hats', but 'blinky lights' takes the cake. :beer:

FordNut
05-24-2010, 09:25 AM

Just wait, you're still young in my book.

Matt In Detroit
05-24-2010, 09:25 AM
I hear ya. Last day or so i have felt like i have a full blown cold. Sucks for sure. Im not used to this. I figure if i keep my BAC high enough, long enough, ill somehow get through it. Itchy face, eyes.... arrgghhh.

Zack
05-24-2010, 09:35 AM
I hear ya. Last day or so i have felt like i have a full blown cold. Sucks for sure. Im not used to this. I figure if i keep my BAC high enough, long enough, ill somehow get through it. Itchy face, eyes.... arrgghhh.

LOL Alcohol Poisoning will kill any Virus :lol:

musclemerc
05-24-2010, 10:05 AM
In the recent years developed severe allergies and this year was the worst. I tried the Nedi bowl, benadryl, claritin, and just about every home remedy I could find. I went to the DR and he put me on Astepro and now have been problem free.

FordNut
05-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Best OTC I've found is Zyrtec and Benadryl. At least for me (everybody is different).

Egon Spengler
05-24-2010, 10:50 AM
hm... I feel great!

justbob
05-24-2010, 10:50 AM
You sure you weren't out cruizing with bazzle?

Welcome to 30 Bub.

SC Cheesehead
05-24-2010, 10:53 AM
You sure you weren't out cruizing with bazzle?

Welcome to 30 Bub.

Enjoy it while you can, 50 ain't that far off...

LIGHTNIN1
05-24-2010, 02:38 PM
The cottonwoods are bad here also.Allergies used to kill me. I would have to stay home from work and nothing from the doctor worked till Claritin came out. That has always done it for me. The strange thing though is I am getting better.Last year I had little problems and this year none.

RacerX
05-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Just before I hit 40... Now I'm on Allegra and Astelin 24/7. :(

Bigdogjim
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Enjoy it while you can, 50 ain't that far off...

Wait till Zack hits 40! That's gonna hurt :lol:

sailsmen
05-24-2010, 04:44 PM
This is bizzarre. My neighbor is a coach for a professional sports team. They wanted a dog but his son is allergic. He remembered a friend whose son was very ill from allergies who told him about a machine that a chiropracter uses that "cures" allergies with an electrical charge from one use for $100.

They tried it on his son and it worked. His wife also had an allergy and it worked on her.

A very well known sports figure tried it and it worked on him.

I am thinking about trying it. If I do I will post up. This big high pressure is causing a lot of allergy problems.

knine
05-24-2010, 07:50 PM
I just started the shots because my allergies got so bad. 3 shots a week for 2 months, then one a month for 3 to 5 years. I'm allergic to everything (yes, dogs too).

guspech750
05-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately I do not have any allergies. I wish I could swell up, sneeze, drain my nose and drool on myself. My neighbor has a 50'+ Cottonwood Tree. All that cotton junk was all over my yard. I really enjoy it when I am drilling a well on a hot, hummid, and sweety day and the cotton flies around with not a care in the world only to stick to my face!! Grrrrrrr!:mad2: Damn Cottonwoods are just as pesky as misquitos:mad2:

Zack
05-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Oddly, I looked directly into the arc of a welder 8 hours earlier the day this happened... Only for a second at most
Do you think I suffered from delayed Welder's Flash?

justbob
05-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Doubt it. I have done that MANY times, but everyone's tolerance to flash seems to be different. Most report the feeling of sand in the eye immediately.

CBT
05-25-2010, 04:57 AM
Oddly, I looked directly into the arc of a welder 8 hours earlier the day this happened... Only for a second at most
Do you think I suffered from delayed Welder's Flash?

It probably didn't help, but like Bob said, it would take a little more than an accidental glance at a welding arc. If you woke up at 3 in the morning feeling like you just got eye ***** by the Sandman, you got flash burned. A cold wash cloth placed over the eyes will help with the pain and absorb your :bigcry:.

Egon Spengler
05-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Gee, I woke up again this morning feeling like a million bucks... hm... too bad so sad