PDA

View Full Version : Obama will use Memorial weekend for a trip home

ctrlraven
05-26-2010, 05:44 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/05/obama-will-use-memorial-weeken.html?wprss=44

Obama will use Memorial weekend for a trip home to Chicago

By Anne E. Kornblut
With the long Memorial Day weekend on the horizon, President Obama is finally addressing one of the great broken promises of his administration: his early pledge to return home to Chicago every six weeks or so.

In 16 months at the White House, the Obamas have been back home just once - in February of 2009. But they plan to make the trip over Memorial Day weekend, an official said. After arriving on Thursday night, they will visit with friends and participate in private events.
On Monday, Obama will make remarks at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery (http://www.cem.va.gov/cems/nchp/abrahamlincoln.asp), south of Chicago - missing the usual tradition of presidents speaking at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day.
Vice President Biden and his wife will appear in Obama's place, laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, as well as holding a breakfast for Gold Star families -- families whose loved ones died in military service -- at the White House earlier that day.
I understand the man wants to visit Chi town but come on it's a tradition that the president visits and speaks at the Arlington National Cemetery. Again another slap in the face to the military and what he thinks about our past protectors who gave their life for our freedom.

CBT
05-26-2010, 05:48 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/05/obama-will-use-memorial-weeken.html?wprss=44

I understand the man wants to visit Chi town but come on it's a tradition that the president visits and speaks at the Arlington National Cemetery. Again another slap in the face to the military and what he thinks about our past protectors who gave their life for our freedom.

Hey he promised change, didn't he?

duhtroll
05-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Problem is, no matter what he misses it is going to be someone's tradition for something. It says right there in the article he has not taken lots of time off -- unlike some who will not be mentioned.

I work Memorial Day also, even though it is not allowed to require me to work that day, being a federal holiday. I volunteer the day because I feel it is important.

The one year (out of 17 so far) I wanted to go to a family reunion and took Memorial Day off, I got blasted by the community as they expected me to be there (at the same type of ceremony, albeit much smaller) again.

Some people apparently don't understand that others have families, too. All this fake outrage really needs to stop.

Give the guy a break. At least he is on the job the other 364 days.

LIGHTNIN1
05-26-2010, 06:16 AM
He is missing his old Chicago buddies Bill Ayers, Louis Farrakan, and Rev. Wright, Acorn people.

CBT
05-26-2010, 06:23 AM
He is missing his old Chicago buddies Bill Ayers, Louis Farrakan, and Rev. Wright, Acorn people.
Ka-POW!!!!

Joe Walsh
05-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Problem is, no matter what he misses it is going to be someone's tradition for something. It says right there in the article he has not taken lots of time off -- unlike some who will not be mentioned.

I work Memorial Day also, even though it is not allowed to require me to work that day, being a federal holiday. I volunteer the day because I feel it is important.

The one year (out of 17 so far) I wanted to go to a family reunion and took Memorial Day off, I got blasted by the community as they expected me to be there (at the same type of ceremony, albeit much smaller) again.

Some people apparently don't understand that others have families, too. All this fake outrage really needs to stop.

Yeah....but he's sending the 'illustrious and 'eloquent' Joe Biden to speak at Arlington National Cemetery ??...:rolleyes:

guspech750
05-26-2010, 06:31 AM
They are both duechbags. Maybe its for the better that neither of them show up!!

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 06:36 AM

Nothing fake about it. The man has little if any respect for our military, he's anti-capitalist, and has one of the lowest approval ratings for any president at this point in his tenure. He's polarized people rather than bringing folks together, and many of us are just plain madder 'n hell about what's going on.

As for giving him a break, we've been doing that for over a year now, and look what we've received in return: The federal deficit has increased, unemployment figures are still in double digits in many parts of the country, he's orchestrated passage of healthcare "reform" legislation that is opposed by over 60% of the citizens, he has diminished the stature of the US within the global community through his various comments and actions, and the US has had two (albeit unsuccessful) terrorist plots on his watch.

On second thought, maybe we need to have him take a few more days off. :rolleyes:

Vortex
05-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Lets do a quick record check:

"Nine years later, President George H.W. Bush passed off the wreath to Vice President Dan Quayle (who had used family connections to get a slot (http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/07/08/guard/index.html) in the National Guard during the days of the Vietnam War draft). And in 2007, Vice President Dick Cheney took on the wreath mission, while President George W. Bush was in Texas, perhaps clearing brush."

Gee what did chickenhawks like Limbaugh report back then?

fastblackmerc
05-26-2010, 07:04 AM

"Nine years later, President George H.W. Bush passed off the wreath to Vice President Dan Quayle (who had used family connections to get a slot (http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/07/08/guard/index.html) in the National Guard during the days of the Vietnam War draft). And in 2007, Vice President Dick Cheney took on the wreath mission, while President George W. Bush was in Texas, perhaps clearing brush."

And let's not even mention G.W.'s National Guard "service".

dakslim
05-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Yeah....but he's sending the 'illustrious and 'eloquent' Joe Biden to speak at Arlington National Cemetery ??...:rolleyes:

Hey, that's a "big f*****:Pg deal"!

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 07:08 AM
I keep rereading the article looking for where it says he hasn't taken a lot of time off.

kernie
05-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Nothing fake about it. The man has little if any respect for our military, he's anti-capitalist, and has one of the lowest approval ratings for any president at this point in his tenure. He's polarized people rather than bringing folks together, and many of us are just plain madder 'n hell about what's going on.

As for giving him a break, we've been doing that for over a year now, and look what we've received in return: The federal deficit has increased, unemployment figures are still in double digits in many parts of the country, he's orchestrated passage of healthcare "reform" legislation that is opposed by over 60% of the citizens, he has diminished the stature of the US within the global community through his various comments and actions, and the US has had two (albeit unsuccessful) terrorist plots on his watch.

On second thought, maybe we need to have him take a few more days off. :rolleyes:
If the world were allowed to vote he would get 90+% of the vote.

:beer:

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 07:14 AM

And this is based off of what facts/research/polls?

MrBluGruv
05-26-2010, 07:21 AM

I gotta call you on that man, are you trying to say the world should get to vote on the US President? Pardon me if I've misunderstood.

kernie
05-26-2010, 07:24 AM
I gotta call you on that man, are you trying to say the world should get to vote on the US President? Pardon me if I've misunderstood.
Of course not.

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 07:26 AM

You should have an open mind MrBluGruv, those people obviously have great experience making their own countries #1, and we can stand to learn from them how to make our country #1, oh wait......

Vortex
05-26-2010, 07:37 AM
For your entertainment:

January 16, 2009 4:11 PM
487 Days At Camp David For Bush

Posted by Brian Montopoli (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/8300-503544_162-503544.html?contributor=103615 58) 39 comments (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#addcomm)

Share144 (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww. cbsnews.com%2Fblogs%2F2009%2F0 1%2F16%2Fpolitics%2Fpoliticalh otsheet%2Fentry4728085.shtml&src=sp)

78diggsdigg
Print
Font
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2008/04/19/image4029033l.jpg
(AP Photo/Lawrence Jackson)

George W. Bush is today making his final visit to Camp David as president.

He will likely miss the place: According to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller, today's trip marks Mr. Bush's 149th visit to the presidential retreat. The planned three-day stay, during which the president is being joined by family and former and current aides, will bring his total time spent at Camp David to all or part of 487 days.

Yes, that's 487 days. And Camp David is not even where the president has spent the most time when not at the White House: Knoller reports that Mr. Bush has made 77 visits to his ranch in Crawford during his presidency, and spent all or part of 490 days there.

I guess this is another conspiracy from the "liberal media".

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 07:45 AM
You should have an open mind MrBluGruv, those people obviously have great experience making their own countries #1, and we can stand to learn from them how to make our country #1, oh wait......

Yeah, if we could be more like Greece and Spain, we'd all be a better world...:rolleyes:

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Yeah, if we could be more like Greece and Spain, we'd all be a better world...:rolleyes:

Just like we should take the #1 health care system in the world and model it after #8. It's just common sense.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Just like we should take the #1 health care system in the world and model it after #8. It's just common sense.

But phroggie, everybody ELSE is doing it, so we should, too! :shake:

MMBLUE
05-26-2010, 07:51 AM
BARRY O IS A JACK A:censor:

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 07:54 AM

You are right, I hope to, one day, acquire the many many many many many many years of wisdom that you have.

Joe Walsh
05-26-2010, 07:54 AM

I don't know, but we do need something to counteract the overwhelmingly left-wing media.

BTW: I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity...etc. ,
Mainly because I get so enraged and feel so powerless when I hear what is really going on in Washington.
I don't need any more stress in my life!

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 07:56 AM
You are right, I hope to, one day, acquire the many many many many many many years of wisdom that you have.

Goes back to something my momma told me years ago, "Well I suppose if everybody else decided to jump off a cliff, you'd do it, too."

That was right after she told me, "If you keep doing that with your eyes, they'll stay that way."

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Goes back to something my momma told me years ago, "Well I suppose if everybody else decided to jump off a cliff, you'd do it, too."

That was right after she told me, "If you keep doing that with your eyes, they'll stay that way."

I heard "go pick a switch" more than I really heard any lectures or lessons.

kernie
05-26-2010, 08:03 AM

BARRY O IS A JACK A:censor:

What were we talking about?

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 08:05 AM
What were we talking about?

It started with a discussion regarding weekend plans for our illustrious POTUS, and has gone downhill from there... ;)

kernie
05-26-2010, 08:07 AM
It started with a discussion regarding weekend plans for our illustrious POTUS, and has gone downhill from there... ;)
How did it go downhill?:(

CBT
05-26-2010, 08:09 AM

I don't think so, not even 90+% of the gimme-gimmes here like him. I copied this from http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37344303/ns/us_news-immigration_a_nation_divided/

"And they differ in their perceptions about Obama and the political parties. Although the president’s job-approval rating sits at 48 percent overall, down two points from an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll earlier this month, only 38 percent of whites approve of Obama’s job, versus 68 percent of Latinos who do."

Egon Spengler
05-26-2010, 08:10 AM
In before the impeach!

FordNut
05-26-2010, 08:17 AM
How did it go downhill?:(

The subject matter is Obama. How could it NOT go downhill? Just like his ratings in the polls.

fastblackmerc
05-26-2010, 08:18 AM
I think Obama is doing the best he can after inheriting 8 years of the a$$ ******ing we've endured.

GAMike
05-26-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't care for Obama either, but he is the President we have. We know he is not much for the traditions of the office he holds, and we can do little to change that now.......:bigcry:

The best thing, is to hold him accountable for his record and his campaign promises. Shine a light on issues, not behaviors. This goes against my belief that moral character should be a visible component of a President, but there is nothing we can do about his lack of it now...

All we can do is vote him out at the next election. The only way we will is if we keep the air clear of all the sniping/snarky stories about this and that. :beatnik: Let the libs put out all those stories about finding neat out of the way restaurants in D.C. for the 1st couple to sneak out too and so forth.....

Conservatives need to stay on point...

Joe Walsh
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
I think Obama is doing the best he can after inheriting 8 years of the a$$ ******ing we've endured.

That's the oldest trick in the book....

EVERY administration blames all the problems on the last administration.

How can Obama and his cronies blame Bush for this fiasco Healthcare bill?

kernie
05-26-2010, 08:31 AM

[quote=kernie;916835]If the world were allowed to vote he would get 90+% of the vote.

This is all that i have said, it's my opinion. Outside of the US the president is well liked, no doubt his popularity is aided by 'look what it was' factor,

Have a good one.

fastblackmerc
05-26-2010, 08:37 AM
That's the oldest trick in the book....

EVERY administration blames all the problems on the last administration.

How can Obama and his cronies blame Bush for this fiasco Healthcare bill?

Who said the health care bill is a fiasco? That has yet to be proven.

Who started the war with Iraq under dubious circumstances (WMD).

Who let the banks / financial institutions get away with screwing everyone?

Who pissed off almost every country in the world?

Bluerauder
05-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Personally, I don't really think it is a big deal. The V-POTUS is covering the Arlington Cemetery event. Let's not make more of this than necessary. :rolleyes:

CBT
05-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Personally, I don't really think it is a big deal. The V-POTUS is covering the Arlington Cemetery event. Let's not make more of this than necessary. :rolleyes:
I think Biden will quote Biden and let out a "It's a big ****ing deal!" while he's there.

Paul T. Casey
05-26-2010, 08:53 AM
This is all that i have said, it's my opinion. Outside of the US the president is well liked, no doubt his popularity is aided by 'look what it was' factor,

Have a good one.

I don't have an issue with where he goes this weekend, I figure that the POTUS is always on the job, regardless of hysical location. As for Kernie's quote, what do you mean by "look what it was"? I think I may agree, if it means what I think. Feriners like Obama because he continues to bring the US down to their level rather than encouraging them to work to achieve our (US) level.

Joe Walsh
05-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Who said the health care bill is a fiasco? That has yet to be proven.

I'm hoping the majority can repeal it before the inevitable is proven! Please don't be foolish enough to try and argue that the Federal government will run a program, any program, efficiently, fairly, and without huge deficits...

Who started the war with Iraq under dubious circumstances (WMD).

Agreed...bad intel and all. We got the war crammed down our throats just like Obama and the Dems crammed the Healthcare bill down our throats. Who passed the Healthcare bill under dubious circumstances?

Who insisted that everyone should own a home, regardless of their financial qualifications?

Who pissed off almost every country in the world?

Who is bowing to, and kissing every country's azz?

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/Governmentfixes.jpg

duhtroll
05-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I love it when people try to explain other people's motivations...

Doesn't do much for the argument.

Anyone who is seriously outraged that often and not just using things as an excuse for partisan nitpicking would have gone on a shooting spree or have been committed by now.

duhtroll
05-26-2010, 09:12 AM
I keep rereading the article looking for where it says he hasn't taken a lot of time off.

In 16 months at the White House, the Obamas have been back home just once - in February of 2009.

Or are you saying that he takes "time off" other places? Or are you forgetting that the White House is not his home and he is considered to be on the job 24/7?

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 09:25 AM
In 16 months at the White House, the Obamas have been back home just once - in February of 2009.

Or are you saying that he takes "time off" other places? Or are you forgetting that the White House is not his home and he is considered to be on the job 24/7?

My point is simply that that article says nothing about him not taking much time off, it only says that he has been back home, once.

There are plenty of other places he could have gone. How much time he takes off, I could really care less. He couldn't get "away" from work if he tried, so no matter where he is he can effectively do what he needs to do and would never be unavailable or inable to get something done because he wasn't in DC.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I love it when people try to explain other people's motivations...

Doesn't do much for the argument.

On which of the following am I in error?

The federal deficit has increased

unemployment figures are still in double digits in many parts of the country

he's orchestrated passage of healthcare "reform" legislation that is opposed by over 60% of the citizens

he has diminished the stature of the US within the global community through his various comments and actions

the US has had two (albeit unsuccessful) terrorist plots on his watch.

fastblackmerc
05-26-2010, 10:27 AM

he's orchestrated passage of healthcare "reform" legislation that is opposed by over 60% of the citizens

he has diminished the stature of the US within the global community through his various comments and actions

But on who's watch DID the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil take place? And where was PROTUS? In kindergarten.

Leadfoot281
05-26-2010, 10:32 AM
But on who's watch DID the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil take place? And where was PROTUS? In kindergarten.

I also hit my thumb with a hammer during the Bush administration. Yep, no doubt about it, Bush was pure evil. :rolleyes:

Cheeseheadbob
05-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Planned and staged during the Clinton administration and carried out during Bush's. Subsequent war started under false pretenses under Bush. Just goes to show, most, if not all Presidents, and all of the sycophants and antagonists (Congress and Senate) are egomanical, and in my opinion, mentally ill. I am not kidding about the last statement.
But on who's watch DID the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil take place?

prchrman
05-26-2010, 10:47 AM
To all the libs taking up for BHO and still blaming GB for everything...when does BHO actually have to start taking some shots for how sorry this country is going????? I heard yesterday that some dimwit is blaming GB for the oil spill, for it not being stopped and on top of that for it not getting contained quickly. Besides he is killing babies, bragging on our enemies, infuriating our allies, blaming America for all that is wrong with the world, bowing and cowtailing to other heads of state, and now he basically says to heck with the memories of our dead that have fallen in combat for the survival of our nation. He has a problem of praising Americal because he does not like America, just like his wife. He wants us to be like Europe, I have been to Europe and it is not all that, trust me, gun lovers you would be out of luck in Europe, hunters the price of a hunting permit is like the price of a used car. Oh and by the way (since i am soap boxing) Europe threw off on us not ever electing a person of color, just which one of the European nations have had a black person in office? Dems you and us got a bum steer and are too biased to admit it, plain and simple. Yeah GW was not my first choice but to say BHO is better is naive at best.

ctrlraven
05-26-2010, 10:57 AM
planned and staged during the clinton administration and carried out during bush's. Subsequent war started under false pretenses under bush. Just goes to show, most, if not all presidents, and all of the sycophants, and antagonists (congress and senate) are egomanical, and in my opinion, mentally ill. I am not kidding about the last statement.
+1............

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't really care WHO's fault it is, as long as we are working to make it better, which I don't think we are.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't really care WHO's fault it is, as long as we are working to make it better, which I don't think we are.

Hear, hear!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:owf9g2tN0aflbM:/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.dreamstime.com/emoticon-clapping-hands-thumb8727374.jpg&ei=sGP9S9_qC4Gdlgf99ujIDw&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNHNc5SczbqReo15AqfqOW xbXT9KGQ (http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.dreamstime.com/emoticon-clapping-hands-thumb8727374.jpg&ei=sGP9S9_qC4Gdlgf99ujIDw&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNHNc5SczbqReo15AqfqOW xbXT9KGQ)

kernie
05-26-2010, 11:21 AM
And that's as close to "your right" your gonna get! he he, YEEHAW

Bluerauder
05-26-2010, 11:22 AM
The obvious fact is that NOBODY goes to Chicago for vacation or a long weekend. ;) Everyone else heads to the beach.

And, I don't think that it is a coincidence that he waited for Motorhead350 to head over to London either. :rofl:

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 11:23 AM
The obvious fact is that NOBODY goes to Chicago for vacation or a long weekend. ;) Everyone else heads to the beach.

And, I don't think that it is a coincidence that he waited for Motorhead350 to head over to London either. :rofl:

That's a highly insightful observation, bubba! :lol:

ctrlraven
05-26-2010, 11:32 AM

:lol:

Now that's funny right there.

Joe Walsh
05-26-2010, 11:43 AM
:laugh:...............:laugh:. .................:laugh:

That's a highly insightful observation, bubba! :lol:

:lol:

Now that's funny right there.

OK...Charlie's right, we can't beat on Obama for heading to Chicago this weekend....
he's been waiting since he took office for Dom to clear out of Chitown!

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 11:58 AM
And that's as close to "your right" your gonna get! he he, YEEHAW

I'd rather be closer to "you're right". And to think I had gone this whole time thinking we could have learned something from the Canadian schools. :P

babbage
05-26-2010, 12:08 PM

+1

Obama is Anti-America. He is Anti-Christian. I HATE him. He is such a ONE term president.

Bluerauder
05-26-2010, 12:21 PM
He may have been planning to attend this and got his dates mixed up. The "2010 Chicago Scene Boat Party", 31 JULY 2010 >>>>>> http://powerboat.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=powerboat&cdn=sports&tm=28&gps=134_171_1259_857&f=00&tt=2&bt=0&bts=1&st=34&zu=http%3A//www.chicago-scene.com/cs-parties/boatparty.htm

Paul T. Casey
05-26-2010, 12:32 PM

Wrong on the last, I believe it's actually 3 unsuccessful, and unfortunately 1 successful (Fort Hood). But again, I don't care about unsuccessful, I imagine in some years to come we will learn of many more. It's the successful ones I don't like.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Wrong on the last, I believe it's actually 3 unsuccessful, and unfortunately 1 successful (Fort Hood). But again, I don't care about unsuccessful, I imagine in some years to come we will learn of many more. It's the successful ones I don't like.

Good catch, unfortunately...

duhtroll
05-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Yeah... the only problem is that what you SAID, was this...

You don't get to decide if he respects the military. Only he can decide that. Anyone else trying to speak for him is just trying to start an argument.

You don't get to decide if he is anti-capitalist. Seems to me if he were, he wouldn't be in this country to begin with. Same argument.

Every president for the last 20+ years has had dismally low approval ratings at some point and I expect that will not change. People want everything and they want it now, and they fight over how they want it.

You want to take that job?

He is not responsible for you being angry. I couldn't stand GWB but you didn't see me posting new threads on car boards just to whine at people when he was president.

Get a massage or something if you're mad. Sheesh.

This would have happened no matter who was elected after the last two years of financial crises.

As a matter of fact Obama, before he was elected, told you as much. Do you remember the "it is going to get worse before it gets better" speeches?

I am certain a teleprompter copy can be found for you.

And when they get better, will you give Obama credit for it?

Yeah, I thought not.

Lots of things have improved, but I bet that isn't because of Obama in your mind, so why give him all the blame?

...or by people speaking FOR 60% of said citizens. "Yeah, every poll is wrong except MY numbers are right, gol-darned it!"

WTF does this even mean? "Diminished the stature of the US?" Anyone can argue that for any leader in any situation, because it is all opinion based.

And therefore, crap.

That sounds like a compliment, even though it has nothing to do with him.

Look, I don't care who likes what. It is disturbing that so many people in this country get their panties in a wad over stuff that is simply nonsensical.

If it makes you feel better to say that he is a gay-loving commie liberal closet jew or whatever... well, how would that make you feel better, again?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd like to buy all the whiners a beer if they will go whine somewhere else.

LeoVampire
05-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone he has the right to take a vacation and use the time to visit family and friends like so many do on thier vacations and trips.

It isn't like the guy can't be reached or isn't on call the entire time! Being the Pres tends to age someone pretty fast now a days so a little time off can do some good and clear the head a bit.

No matter what he is a man trying to do a job that can be anyone's worst nightmare @ any given moment with all that seems to happen to this country each passing year.

I don't care what color his skin is, if he is a Dem or a Repub nor about his being elected or had been apointed from the vice presidency. He deserves to get a real break from time to time and as long as he is in office that will never happen so let him have a few moments to @ least chill out without the entire country being an ass about it.

Just my 2 cents

duhtroll
05-26-2010, 01:10 PM
1) I don't see people blaming everything on GWB.

2) Your flag is still incorrect. :P

3) Please stop speaking to the thoughts and motivations of another. Unless you can read his mind, you are incorrect.

To all the libs taking up for BHO and still blaming GB for everything...when does BHO actually have to start taking some shots for how sorry this country is going????? I heard yesterday that some dimwit is blaming GB for the oil spill, for it not being stopped and on top of that for it not getting contained quickly. Besides he is killing babies, bragging on our enemies, infuriating our allies, blaming America for all that is wrong with the world, bowing and cowtailing to other heads of state, and now he basically says to heck with the memories of our dead that have fallen in combat for the survival of our nation. He has a problem of praising Americal because he does not like America, just like his wife. He wants us to be like Europe, I have been to Europe and it is not all that, trust me, gun lovers you would be out of luck in Europe, hunters the price of a hunting permit is like the price of a used car. Oh and by the way (since i am soap boxing) Europe threw off on us not ever electing a person of color, just which one of the European nations have had a black person in office? Dems you and us got a bum steer and are too biased to admit it, plain and simple. Yeah GW was not my first choice but to say BHO is better is naive at best.

duhtroll
05-26-2010, 01:14 PM
So in your opinion, for someone who has been home only once in 16 months --

Does that seem like someone who takes a lot of time off?

I certainly don't feel like I am spending lots of leisure time when I am away from home for long periods. That doesn't add up to me.

So the article does certainly imply he has been working rather than spending time away.

If you have evidence he is taking lots of time away other places, how about sharing?

My point is simply that that article says nothing about him not taking much time off, it only says that he has been back home, once.

There are plenty of other places he could have gone. How much time he takes off, I could really care less. He couldn't get "away" from work if he tried, so no matter where he is he can effectively do what he needs to do and would never be unavailable or inable to get something done because he wasn't in DC.

MrBluGruv
05-26-2010, 01:16 PM
You know, as much as I really don't like what he's doing as President, I kinda am leaning on the "this is a bit of a stretch" side with this one. There are much more important bigger things he's done that deserve harping on, not this.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 01:26 PM
troll,

Good points, can't really argue that I've got strong opinions that influence my thoughts.

As for the comment, "he is a gay-loving commie liberal closet jew or whatever..."

Nope, won't go that far. I'd never refer to him as a closet jew... ;) ----> :beer:

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 01:37 PM

It says right there in the article he has not taken lots of time off .

Seems like it only says he has been home once, does not mention how much time he has taken off.

So in your opinion, for someone who has been home only once in 16 months --

Does that seem like someone who takes a lot of time off?

I certainly don't feel like I am spending lots of leisure time when I am away from home for long periods. That doesn't add up to me.

So the article does certainly imply he has been working rather than spending time away.

If you have evidence he is taking lots of time away other places, how about sharing?

Apparently, you missed what I said, so I put it in red for your viewing ease. I don't care how much time he takes off, because even when he is "off" he really isn't off.

The whole point was that you said the article said something that it didn't. This is shown in the first two quotes, but if I missed something, please correct me.

So are we dealing with implications here or do you only want facts? I'm confused with the standard of the implying and feeling that you present but will only accept facts in reply?

But in reply to your query: This has nothing to do with the conversation, but he has his family with him in DC, so I don't really consider that "away from home" in the typical sense. But according to the logic of having to be "home" to get time off, I will remember to tell my employer that my trip to Tahiti doesn't count as time off because I didn't go home.

Leadfoot281
05-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Regardless of anything else posted here, could he have possibly found a worse time to take a vacation?

I don't think so.

What's next for him? Another big "date night" on the next anniverary of 9-11? Wind surfing on December 7th?

The guy has shown some very poor judgement here.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Regardless of anything else posted here, could he have possibly found a worse time to take a vacation?

I don't think so.

What's next for him? Another big "date night" on the next anniverary of 9-11? Wind surfing on December 7th?

The guy has shown some very poor judgement here.

Gotta give him credit, at least he's consistent, he shows poor judgement durn near everywhere... ;)

FordNut
05-26-2010, 01:57 PM

I seem to recall he was in Hawaii when the attempted terrorist attack happened. And he has been on the campaign trail quite a bit (trying to sell us on his agenda), that's not in Washington.

Phrog_gunner
05-26-2010, 02:14 PM

I saved this for a different post because it was not the point of the previous conversation and I'm not out to nit pick the guy over stuff that really doesn't matter. So I will say for the THIRD time, I don't care how much time he takes off or where he takes it, and I could just as easily find some absurd stories about Dubya that don't matter either, but since you asked:

I really have no evidence of him going to Europe to use his unprecedented international popularity to lose a bid for the olympics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7607947/Barack-Obama-plays-golf-eight-more-times-than-George-W-Bush.html

LIGHTNIN1
05-26-2010, 03:23 PM
The Annointed One can be funny at times. He got me going this morning in his speach when he said they just need to PLUG THE HOLE. Then he announced that if BP did not see success on stopping the Gulf oil leak with the latest endeaver, that his administration would knock them out of the way and take over the job. If I had been head of BP I would have got my men out of there fast and hand the keys over to them and say, Its all yours buddy. If Obama and company take it over, what a worse disaster that will be. It will be spurting oil 5 years from now.
Obama and Biden are the least qualified no matter what room they are in.

FordNut
05-26-2010, 03:52 PM
The Annointed One can be funny at times. He got me going this morning in his speach when he said they just need to PLUG THE HOLE. Then he announced that if BP did not see success on stopping the Gulf oil leak with the latest endeaver, that his administration would knock them out of the way and take over the job. If I had been head of BP I would have got my men out of there fast and hand the keys over to them and say, Its all yours buddy. If Obama and company take it over, what a worse disaster that will be. It will be spurting oil 5 years from now.
Obama and Biden are the least qualified no matter what room they are in.

Yep, push BP out of the way and they can wash their hands of responsibility for further damages. I guess the government can pay for damages by just cranking up the printing presses.

Joe Walsh
05-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Yep, push BP out of the way and they can wash their hands of responsibility for further damages. I guess the government can pay for damages by just cranking up the printing presses.

Awww....what's another TRILLION or TWO??...it's only taxpayer's money!

The savings from our new Healthcare plan will help offset this unforeseen expenditure.

Bluerauder
05-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Awww....what's another TRILLION or TWO??...it's only taxpayer's money!

The savings from our new Healthcare plan will help offset this unforeseen expenditure.

Anybody else notice a tick up in your taxes on your last paystub. I did. Not much said about that .... hardly anyone even noticed. :rolleyes:

kernie
05-26-2010, 05:24 PM
OK now re-read this entire thread and tell me you don't feel a little silly.

nomad
05-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Might just be me but, after Geoge Dumya and Oprah's pick for Pres, I kinda miss 'ole Billy Boy.

You'd think a country of 300+million people could choose better.:confused:

CBT
05-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Every president for the last 20+ years has had dismally low approval ratings at some point and I expect that will not change. People want everything and they want it now, and they fight over how they want it.

I'd love to! My birth certificate proves I'm more qualified to be President than Obama, so where do I sign up?

kernie
05-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Might just be me but, after Geoge Dumya and Oprah's pick for Pres, I kinda miss 'ole Billy Boy.

You'd think a country of 300+million people could choose better.:confused:
I liked Bill also, the two term limit kicks out good ones, no matter thier stripe.

:beer:x7

Leadfoot281
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM
OK now re-read this entire thread and tell me you don't feel a little silly.

Ever been to Arlington National Cemetary? I have. I sure don't feel "silly" thinking our Commander in Cheif ought to at least show up once a year and pay his respects. It's especially odd that he doesn't when you consider how close he actually lives to it.

I simply can't find any reason why he'd not go.

It's just further proof he knows nothing about this country or the people he's supposed to represent.

knine
05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
The National cemetary Obama is visiting is one mile from my house. A big C-something and other aircraft were flying over today. Pity my little corner of the world. :(

Joe Walsh
05-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I liked Bill also, the two term limit kicks out good ones, no matter thier stripe.

:beer:x7

If only the House & Senate had a two term limit...we wouldn't be in the mess are are now!

I'm quite sure that we would dump a lot more losers than winners....

SpartaPerformance
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if he'll drop the "F" bomb again.

prchrman
05-27-2010, 04:08 AM
1) I don't see people blaming everything on GWB.

You evidently live under a rock.

2) Your flag is still incorrect. :P

It's my flag and it flies high.

3) Please stop speaking to the thoughts and motivations of another. Unless you can read his mind, you are incorrect.

Do not read minds, just check out the fruit and you will see what kind of tree you got there. He is a dud and again to not see him for what he is, is naive or bias.

SC Cheesehead
05-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Do not read minds, just check out the fruit and you will see what kind of tree you got there. He is a dud and again to not see him for what he is, is naive or bias.

Willie, I believe truer words may have never been spoken...

LIGHTNIN1
05-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Willie, I believe truer words may have never been spoken...

Man you really got that one right. This is simple stuff here, Bubba, you know what I mean Vern?;)

SC Cheesehead
05-27-2010, 05:58 AM
Man you really got that one right. This is simple stuff here, Bubba, you know what I mean Vern?;)

Yup....;)
----------------------------

mrjones
05-27-2010, 06:04 AM
You know, here's a thought that I've had (I realize my thoughts and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks): I think that it wouldn't be totally out of line to add one more requirement to the list to be President - to have actually served in active duty military.

I may be wrong, but I think that those who have served in active duty will have a different world view, and one that should place the safety, security, and welfare of the US above all else.

Joe Walsh
05-27-2010, 06:17 AM
You know, here's a thought that I've had (I realize my thoughts and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks): I think that it wouldn't be totally out of line to add one more requirement to the list to be President - to have actually served in active duty military.

I may be wrong, but I think that those who have served in active duty will have a different world view, and one that should place the safety, security, and welfare of the US above all else.

That is a good idea, it would have precluded 'Slick Willie' from making a mockery of the Office....:hmmm:....
except that Jimmy Carter served in the Navy.

LIGHTNIN1
05-27-2010, 06:24 AM

That is what I have always said , but a lot of people would disagree with that and I can see that side also. Being in the military you do have a different worldview than not and you need that perspective if you are going to be commander in chief, with the exception of Jimmy Carter. Oh well, Carry On.

CBT
05-27-2010, 06:27 AM
That is what I have always said , but a lot of people would disagree with that and I can see that side also. Being in the military you do have a different worldview than not and you need that perspective if you are going to be commander in chief, with the exception of Jimmy Carter. Oh well, Carry On.

Yeah, sub sailors are freaks!!

fastblackmerc
05-27-2010, 06:32 AM
That is a good idea, it would have precluded 'Slick Willie' from making a mockery of the Office....:hmmm:....
except that Jimmy Carter served in the Navy.

So would that disqualify GW?

From what I understand he spent more time not to do his job in the reserves instead of just doing it.

Joe Walsh
05-27-2010, 06:43 AM
So would that disqualify GW?

From what I understand he spent more time not to do his job in the reserves instead of just doing it.

I think that is better than the 'temporary' ROTC status that slick Willie got before 'puffing' MJ at Oxford...:rolleyes:

GHB was the real deal and should have been a two term Presidant except that he got screwed by Congress on the 'no new taxes' deal.

kernie
05-27-2010, 06:43 AM
I think if you were able to remove the top 5% of the waco left wingers and the top 5% of the rightwing nutjobs things would be better quickly.

Might get a little quiet around here though. :D

SC Cheesehead
05-27-2010, 06:45 AM
I think if you were able to remove the top 5% of the waco left wingers and the top 5% of the rightwing nutjobs things would be better quickly.

So now I'm a "rightwing nutjob?"

Joe Walsh
05-27-2010, 06:49 AM

LOL....

I'm a 1 percenter!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

SC Cheesehead
05-27-2010, 06:54 AM
LOL....

I'm a 1 percenter!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

Yeah, well time to stand up and be counted, Joe.

Are you counted among the "waco left wingers" or a rightwing nutjobs"? ;)

kernie
05-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah, well time to stand up and be counted, Joe.

Are you counted among the "waco left wingers" or a rightwing nutjobs"? ;)
I'm a pround 90%er!

SC Cheesehead
05-27-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm a pround 90%er!

Yeah, with a stong tilt to the left.... ;)

CBT
05-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Yeah, with a thong tilt to the left.... ;)

Say whaaaaaaaaat?

MMBLUE
05-27-2010, 07:15 AM
OK, back on topic.

As a current member of the Army since Oct 1985. I have seen a few POTUS come and go. And the general consenses among us is, we do it for the people of the USA. Although, the POTUS is the commander in cheif, It is a major SLAP IN THE FACE, that he BHO can't find the tomasity to bring his posterier to Arington to pay respect to the Men and Woman who gave ALL for this beloved country so that that POS can blurb his dribble and bring down OUR country and bring us closer and closer to socialism. I'm sorry if I offended you, but those are the facts. He is more affraid of his Kool-aid drinking followers than the people of the USA. As for sending the V-POTUS, at least he is showing respect and we can all move on. (Ok breathing and jumping off my soapbox)

kernie
05-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Yeah, with a stong tilt to the left.... ;)
Naw, illegal visitors should be treated well, fed well ect, then deported immediatly, why? Because they are illegal.

Canada and it's allies should remain in afganistan to keep a thumb on the real threat, terrorists groups in and near afganistan with a bigger {n word} stick. Iraq was just a stupid waste.

I vote for who i think will govern better, usually thats the liberal party but not at this time. Iggy and the liberals are a mess right now so it's Mr. Harper and the conservatives.

How left does that sound?

LIGHTNIN1
05-27-2010, 07:50 AM

I am the nutjob two seats to your right. I hope you remember the therapy meeting with the other nutjobs is tonite at 7. Try to make it.:rolleyes:

Haggis
05-27-2010, 08:22 AM
So now I'm a "rightwing numb nutsjob?"

You said it......;)

duhtroll
05-27-2010, 08:24 AM
A birther?

Awesome!

It is nice to know the crazy people are still out there.

I'd love to! My birth certificate proves I'm more qualified to be President than Obama, so where do I sign up?

duhtroll
05-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Yeah, for the president, being home is as close to being truly off the job as it can get. I doubt the press is allowed in his home like they are pretty much everywhere else.

And DC is not his home, despite the attempt to make it so.

Seems like it only says he has been home once, does not mention how much time he has taken off.

Apparently, you missed what I said, so I put it in red for your viewing ease. I don't care how much time he takes off, because even when he is "off" he really isn't off.

The whole point was that you said the article said something that it didn't. This is shown in the first two quotes, but if I missed something, please correct me.

So are we dealing with implications here or do you only want facts? I'm confused with the standard of the implying and feeling that you present but will only accept facts in reply?

But in reply to your query: This has nothing to do with the conversation, but he has his family with him in DC, so I don't really consider that "away from home" in the typical sense. But according to the logic of having to be "home" to get time off, I will remember to tell my employer that my trip to Tahiti doesn't count as time off because I didn't go home.

kernie
05-27-2010, 08:27 AM

I am the nutjob two seats to your right. I hope you remember the therapy meeting with the other nutjobs is tonite at 7. Try to make it.:rolleyes:
I didn't call anyone a rightwing nutjob, you must have a guilty consience.;)

SC Cheesehead
05-27-2010, 08:33 AM
I didn't call anyone a rightwing nutjob, you must have a guilty consience.;)

No guilt involved here! :D

CBT
05-27-2010, 08:36 AM
A birther?

Awesome!

It is nice to know the crazy people are still out there.

Crazy is a mild description of me, but thanks for trying.

LIGHTNIN1
05-27-2010, 08:43 AM
It is always the left that go around feeling guilty and apologizing to everyone for their mere existence.. Just check with Obama. Was apologizing to Mexico just last week. Guess if my brain worked that way I might apologize also. Seems painful.

Haggis
05-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Crazy is a mild description of me, but thanks for trying.

That's what she said.

Phrog_gunner
05-27-2010, 08:52 AM
that's what she said.

.....boom.....

chicago_cop
05-27-2010, 09:27 AM

Why waste time blaming someone . He is our president because some people believe what ever the press tells they believeth if it suits them. We are all somewhat like that. Oh by the way there were more millionairs made in the first 6yrs of the Bush administration than any other time in history. When the Dems took over Congress in his last two yrs everything started going south. He was part to blame for the spending, but so was Congress. Congress has the power. What ever Bush did wrong this guy is doing in spades. Thats why we have to vote all the incubents out of Both Parties. There are a handful of good ones, but very few. Fight for the country not each other.

Joe Walsh
05-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Why waste time blaming someone . He is our president because some people believe what ever the press tells they believeth if it suits them. We are all somewhat like that. Oh by the way there were more millionairs made in the first 6yrs of the Bush administration than any other time in history. When the Dems took over Congress in his last two yrs everything started going south. He was part to blame for the spending, but so was Congress. Congress has the power. What ever Bush did wrong this guy is doing in spades.
Thats why we have to vote all the incubents out of Both Parties. There are a handful of good ones, but very few.
Fight for the country not each other.

I couldn't have said it any better! :2thumbs:
Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

jerrym3
05-28-2010, 06:13 AM
The problem with replacing all the incumbants is that their replacements become incumbants as soon as they take office.

Then, job 1 is "get re-elected".

What's wrong with term limits for all elected politicians?

Joe Walsh
05-28-2010, 06:25 AM
The problem with replacing all the incumbants is that their replacements become incumbants as soon as they take office.

Then, job 1 is "get re-elected".

What's wrong with term limits for all elected politicians?

Nothing, it's the way it should be!
Serve your 2 terms, then go home and get a real job. That way no one has time to set up their own kingdoms in Washington.

But! That requires politicians to introduce a bill for term limits....on themselves...:rolleyes:

fastblackmerc
05-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Nothing, it's the way it should be!
Serve your 2 terms, then go home and get a real job. That way no one has time to set up their own kingdoms in Washington.

But! That requires politicians to introduce a bill for term limits....on themselves...:rolleyes:

I agree... 1,000% !

knine
05-31-2010, 10:38 AM
NEWS FROM THE FRONT LINES

Well, for you religious zelots, you may think the Prez just got "smited". As he got on stage, one of the most powerful thunderstorms I've ever seen here (developed in less than 15 minutes...the weather screenshot I checked refreshes every 15) rolls thru. The Prez gets off stage to "wait it out", the crowd is told "it's not safe, get in your cars". My neighbor (who went to the ceremony) calls from his cell to pick him up. Difficult because they closed all roads in the area. I finally found him walking about a mile away in the pouring rain.

BTW 1+ inch of rain in < 30 minutes.

smite (smhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/imacr.gift)
v. smote (smhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/omacr.gift), smit·ten (smhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifthttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifn) or smote, smit·ing, smites
v.tr. 1. a. To inflict a heavy blow on, with or as if with the hand, a tool, or a weapon.
b. To drive or strike (a weapon, for example) forcefully onto or into something else.

2. To attack, damage, or destroy by or as if by blows.
3. a. To afflict: The population was smitten by the plague.
b. To afflict retributively; chasten or chastise.

4. To affect sharply with great feeling: He was smitten by deep remorse.

v.intr. To deal a blow with or as if with the hand or a hand-held weapon.

Bluerauder
05-31-2010, 01:10 PM
NEWS FROM THE FRONT LINES

Well, for you religious zealots, you may think the Prez just got "smited". ... I finally found him walking about a mile away in the pouring rain.

You would think that the limousine or the Secret Service would have hung around to give HIM a ride. ;) :P

UncleLar
05-31-2010, 08:04 PM
He didn't go home,he's in Chicago,not Kenya.

LIGHTNIN1
05-31-2010, 08:42 PM
He didn't go home,he's in Chicago,not Kenya.

Good one.ACORN probably was throwing a retirement party for one of the OLD community organizers.

JamesHecker
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM

Actually...this one was Bill Clinton ....

JamesHecker
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah... the only problem is that what you SAID, was this...

You don't get to decide if he respects the military. Only he can decide that. Anyone else trying to speak for him is just trying to start an argument.

You don't get to decide if he is anti-capitalist. Seems to me if he were, he wouldn't be in this country to begin with. Same argument.

He is not responsible for you being angry. I couldn't stand GWB but you didn't see me posting new threads on car boards just to whine at people when he was president.

Get a massage or something if you're mad. Sheesh.

This would have happened no matter who was elected after the last two years of financial crises.

As a matter of fact Obama, before he was elected, told you as much. Do you remember the "it is going to get worse before it gets better" speeches?

I am certain a teleprompter copy can be found for you.

And when they get better, will you give Obama credit for it?

Yeah, I thought not.

Lots of things have improved, but I bet that isn't because of Obama in your mind, so why give him all the blame?

...or by people speaking FOR 60% of said citizens. "Yeah, every poll is wrong except MY numbers are right, gol-darned it!"

WTF does this even mean? "Diminished the stature of the US?" Anyone can argue that for any leader in any situation, because it is all opinion based.

And therefore, crap.

That sounds like a compliment, even though it has nothing to do with him.

Look, I don't care who likes what. It is disturbing that so many people in this country get their panties in a wad over stuff that is simply nonsensical.

If it makes you feel better to say that he is a gay-loving commie liberal closet jew or whatever... well, how would that make you feel better, again?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd like to buy all the whiners a beer if they will go whine somewhere else.

You may not be on the same side of the political specrtum as I, (and I am not really sure about that since you may just be argueing the points for the sake of argument) but I will say that this is an excellently argued post!

DJCV
06-02-2010, 02:41 PM
x2

By the way, looking for insight on political issues on this (or any) car-enthusiast forum makes about as much sense as looking to a politically-based forum for the best car-enthusiast information.

In other words, it's pretty much a non-starter...and you're almost always bound to be either preaching to the choir or shouting to the deaf.