PDA

View Full Version : Nationally Televised Failure

PonyUP
05-27-2010, 02:02 PM
So I made it to Atlanta yesterday, movers are coming tomorrow. I did a bunch of running around yesterday and finally laid down at about 8 o'clock to take a breather.

I started flipping through the channels, and I saw Alice Cooper performing "School's Out", then the camera angle widened and it was on "American Idol" BIG TIME FAIL!!!!! ALICE!!!!

So today, I got my internet installed, and started catching up on the threads. Read about the Bazzle Vacation, can't say I didn't see that coming. Saw a lot about vics vs. Marauders (note which is capitalized even though I have a Vic Daily Driver) and I started trolling around the internet, where I found that Kiss did American Idol last year.

Is nothing sacred anymore? Ccan we not keep some of the great theatrical performers off of this lousy Karoke show that has produced only 2 winners that made any kind of career. The bigger winners seem to be the people that lose.

Anyway, I am now in mourning because I lost some respect for Kiss and Cooper. As long as other greats keep their sanity and stay off the sinking ship known as American Idol, perhaps I can still enjoy music.

justbob
05-27-2010, 02:11 PM
One thing about KISS though is they will take ANY publicity good or bad and that is the reason why they are so well known even by todays youth. Glad you made it Bud!

guspech750
05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Eh. What ever about celebrities. To each their own. For good or bad. Soooo............. I guess.....................this means........................g oodbye!!!:bigcry:............. .:D Glad to see you made it.

LeoVampire
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
I hope your settle in goes smooth for you and you enjoy the new State and job possition!

:beer:

johnnyrauder
05-27-2010, 07:09 PM
alice cooper is an icon true but at his age(62) he needs to get a younger following.
and what better place than am. idol..but i totaly agree it's a total sell out.how much fame and fortune does one man need

PonyUP
05-27-2010, 07:11 PM
alice cooper is an icon true but at his age(62) he needs to get a younger following.
and what better place than am. idol..but i totaly agree it's a total sell out.how much fame and fortune does one man need

Couldn't agree more. I mean he has a restaurant, he golfs and he still tours, now he is grouped with the other "winners" Oh well, he still had some kick butt tunes

PonyUP
05-27-2010, 07:12 PM
One thing about KISS though is they will take ANY publicity good or bad and that is the reason why they are so well known even by todays youth. Glad you made it Bud!

Thanks Bud, we'll see you in a couple weeks, I got two Saturdays in town and already looking forward to it, though I have to admit, I absolutely love the new place and I'm really digging where I'm living.

PonyUP
05-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Eh. What ever about celebrities. To each their own. For good or bad. Soooo............. I guess.....................this means........................g oodbye!!!:bigcry:............. .:D Glad to see you made it.

Never goodbye Joe, if MM.net has taught us one thing, it's that we are only as far away as our computer

RF Overlord
05-27-2010, 07:23 PM
God, I HATE American Idol...

"America's Got Talent": No, it doesn't.

"Are You Smarter Than a Fifth-Grader?" No, you aren't.

Don't even get me started on "Celebrity Apprentice" :shake:

Haggis
05-28-2010, 04:08 AM
You're all losers for watching that crap.

jonroe
05-28-2010, 04:24 AM
I was flipping channels the other night too while watching a baseball game and "caught" Alice. I love his stuff from the early 70s but puhlease do NOT try to sing School's Out at 62. It was embarrassing.

PonyUP
05-28-2010, 05:48 AM
I was flipping channels the other night too while watching a baseball game and "caught" Alice. I love his stuff from the early 70s but puhlease do NOT try to sing School's Out at 62. It was embarrassing.

Absolutely, he can still do it, but he was trying to match with the kids on stage. Metal isn't meant to be sung in tune, it's key of E and rock it. But he just showed America that he is washed up. So much for the comeback tour

justbob
05-28-2010, 06:02 AM

Paul T. Casey
05-28-2010, 06:17 AM

+1. If it's on a major network(ABC, CBS, NBC, USA, TNT, FOX) and it's not live sports, it is major brain cell massacure.

Phrog_gunner
05-28-2010, 06:22 AM

+ over 9000

Welcome to the south Pony. I suggest trying an RC cola and a moon pie (It's not really that good, but it's a tradition, lol). Also, please note the signs that slower traffic must keep right. Yankees seem to have the biggest problem with this. :P All soda is now "coke", the term pop is forbidden and BBQ is a type of food, not an event or a thing to cook food on. :beer:

knine
05-29-2010, 12:00 AM
As long as you're catching up.......there is an oil spill issue in the Gulf. :rolleyes:

boatmangc
05-29-2010, 07:53 AM
I hear Rob Zombie will be on AI next year!

My wife is FORBIDDEN to have that crap on my TV. I tell her it will damage the screen.

justbob
05-29-2010, 08:05 AM
NO!!!! Not the Zombie! FAIL

mrjones
05-29-2010, 08:29 AM
My wife is a JR HIGH AP. Thu when they got out of school, they played Alice Cooper's School's Out for Summer over the PA.

PonyUP
05-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Alright, let me just remind you, I was not watching that crap, I was flipping through channels, and since DirectTV hadn't been hhoked up yet, there were only a few channels. As I flipped through I saw Alice Cooper, then found it was American Idol and then threw up. I am by no means and Idol Fan, I leave that Guspech.

justbob
05-29-2010, 02:19 PM
My wife is a JR HIGH AP. Thu when they got out of school, they played Alice Cooper's School's Out for Summer over the PA.
Now thats just to cool!

Motorhead350
05-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Kill Your Television..... you will enjoy life more.

I'm living proof.

knine
05-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Kill Your Television..... you will enjoy life more.

I'm living proof.
I agree with the first part of this statement :rolleyes:

PonyUP
05-30-2010, 09:11 AM
I agree with the first part of this statement :rolleyes:
Gotta admit, I have been enjoying life without television the last few days, it's been nice and quiet, going take the stang for a crusie today and get her washed