PDA

View Full Version : Proud Dad

Mike
05-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Just had to let everyone know what a proud Dad I am of my daughter. She graduated from 8th grade today and she's on her way to high school :party:

TAKEDOWN
05-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Alright... Now let the real headaches begin! LoL, Congrats on your daughter's graduation Mike.

Mike
05-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Alright... Now let the real headaches begin! LoL, Congrats on your daughter's graduation Mike.

I'm trying to be vey optimistic about this :o She's a good kid!!!

ntd
05-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Congrats but I don't envy the fact that you are facing the dating years. I remember what I was trying to do in high school:sorry:.

Mike
05-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Congrats but I don't envy the fact that you are facing the dating years. I remember what I was trying to do in high school:sorry:.

No need to be sorry! I've talked to her from a guy's perspective and I feel that she'll be OK!!!!!

ntd
05-27-2010, 04:42 PM
No need to be sorry! I've talked to her from a guy's perspective and I feel that she'll be OK!!!!!

Well I'm sure it was very easy to explane a guys perspective. As long as she knows ALL!! boys are rotten little monster she should be just fine:P.

DOOM
05-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Congrats mike!

justbob
05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
I met my wife in 8th grade and we.........

Congrats Mike!

Ladyhawke
05-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Congrats Mike!! Before you know it, she will be heading to college.

guspech750
05-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Thats so cool. How fast they grow up. Amazing. Congrats on here graduating and moving on. I wish you guys luck on her high school years. I know I will wish myself luck when my girl reach's that point in her life.

PonyUP
05-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Congrats Mike, Huge accomplishment, really makes the years go fast. As she edges closer to 16, you know she'll get the itch to drive your ride

Zack
05-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Send me a text when she's 18....

TAKEDOWN
05-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Send me a text when she's 18....

Kaimana has a better chance than you... :P!

twin03
05-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Congrats Mike. Daughters love their fathers forever.....

LIGHTNIN1
05-28-2010, 05:07 AM

She will be OK . My daughter also was a good kid and turned out good. She is 25 now. Some you do not have to worry about. Enjoy the years with your daughter.Wish you and her the best.

sailsmen
05-28-2010, 05:33 AM
It's not our daughters we are worried about.

Egon Spengler
05-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Congrats Mike! There are still some little gentlemen out there I think!

LordVader
05-28-2010, 05:40 AM

It's not her you have worry about and you know it! Just put the shotgun on the mantle and the sign on the lawn "She better come back the way she left!!" Congrats and good luck "Dad".

Zack
05-28-2010, 05:57 AM
LOL at Dad's worrying about their daughters. If you raised them right and continue to re-educate them along the way, you have done your part.
What they do (like my sister being a drug addicted whore from 16-25) is programmed into their brain and you cant do squat to change it.

If you are really worried about the 'boys' screwing them, just remember its normal and you did the same damn thing when you were that age.

sailsmen
05-28-2010, 07:47 AM
I wish that were the case. Unfortunately I know of several women who have been beat up by their "boy friends" and "husbands".
Cathy
One summer day my younger sister Lynne said Billy you should ask out Cathy. This guy named Perky broke her jaw and Gray asked her but got in a fight with Perky. Now Perky has a bodyguard and no one will ask her out.

Cathy grew up around the corner. I asked her out to see a band. We pull up to the bar where the band is and there is Perky’s lime green Porsche. Cathy points out his car. I say look we will go in and if you feel uncomfortable we will leave. Cathy hesitates and then says ok.

We get a spot right in front and after a few minutes this guy walks up and says that guy over bought me a drink to tell you he wants to talk to you. Cathy says tell him no. The guy comes back and says but he really wants to talk to you. Cathy again says no and I tell Cathy it’s time to leave. We get up to head up and Perky come over. I figure I will give him a minute to talk. Cathy is uncomfortable and I ask her if she is ready to leave and she says yes.

Perky then grabs her arm and Cathy tries to free herself. I tell him let go of her arm. Perky then begins to twist her arm and I see pain in her face. I yell let go and Perky does not. I pick him up off the ground by his lapels and carry him 20’ placing him on top the pinball machine. I turn my head and yell to Cathy to leave. I see her back and realize she is vulnerable.

I let go of Perky to cover Cathy’s back and feel something wet on the back of my head. Perky had hit me over the head with a tequila sunrise. I turn towards Perky he puts his hands around my neck and I push him to the ground. I am ready for him to get up so I can neutralize him. An off duty police officer pushed a badge in my face. I say you got the wrong guy he broker her jaw. The police officer ask Cathy and she says yes and then Cathy screams you are bleeding. The police officer ask if you want to press charges and I say yes. I tell him I am going to Baptists Emergency.

At Baptists Emergency I get 5 stitches in my head. The police officers come and take a report.

My father calls Perky father who is an attorney and advises he has disowned his son. Perky’s attorney calls my father. My father demands payment for the stitches and sweater he tore. The attorney says Perky will pay that and will also pay more to completely drop the matter. I say no!

Cathy’s family had previously gotten a Peace Bond on Perky but he ignored it. He stalked Cathy and would knock on her bedroom window at night. An arrest warrant was issued for Perky for assaulting me. My friends kept an eye out for that lime green Porsche and one day spotted him, calling it into the Police.

The night before the trial Cathy calls me. She says Billy I cannot testify. I say why. She says Perky has threatened her if she testified. I said Cathy remember this no matter what you do he will always be able to threaten you. Tomorrow is a chance for you to stand up to him in court. What ever your decision I will understand. I hope to see you tomorrow.

In court Cathy showed up with her father and testified against Perky. Perky was convicted and never contacted Cathy again.

Zack
05-28-2010, 08:44 AM
^^^what you described, despite being horrible, is the risk you take of existing.

LeoVampire
05-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Con gratts but :eek: high school now to deal with as others have said!

it's time to start dealing with a lot of this :banghead: and :sweat:

I wish you luck with the rest of the grow up process though!

CBT
06-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Just had to let everyone know what a proud Dad I am of my daughter. She graduated from 8th grade today and she's on her way to high school :party:
Cool! :beer: