PDA

View Full Version : Obscene Mopar

PonyUP
05-30-2010, 09:20 AM
So my Mustang got down to Atlanta on Friday and with the Illinois tages expiring at the end of May, I had to get the car tagged in Atlanta on Friday. So as soon as the movers left, I drove around for awhile and then on to the emission place. Fail!
Damnit, so I put the stock tune back in, drove around even more and went back, Pass.
Drove straight to the DMV and got tagged. On the way back (Still on the stock tune) I see this silver Dodge Charger with HUGE lettering on both sides that said....wait for it....HEMI...RT, and this lettering was obscenely huge, the side of the car might as well been black.
This dude is weaving in and out of traffic until he finally catches up with me and we are head to head at a light. I would not have a chance against a SRT8, but the RT??? Game on Punk.
Light turned green, and with flashbacks of Bob and I getting caight racing I threw caution to the wind. I would like to say this was a challenge, but it wasn't even close, we get to the next light, and he asks me what I had, I said, sorry man, I just put the stock tune back in for emission, so I'm running factory. He rolled on, feeling shame. :banana:

dakslim
05-30-2010, 09:31 AM
So my Mustang got down to Atlanta on Friday and with the Illinois tages expiring at the end of May, I had to get the car tagged in Atlanta on Friday. So as soon as the movers left, I drove around for awhile and then on to the emission place. Fail!
Damnit, so I put the stock tune back in, drove around even more and went back, Pass.
Drove straight to the DMV and got tagged. On the way back (Still on the stock tune) I see this silver Dodge Charger with HUGE lettering on both sides that said....wait for it....HEMI...RT, and this lettering was obscenely huge, the side of the car might as well been black.
This dude is weaving in and out of traffic until he finally catches up with me and we are head to head at a light. I would not have a chance against a SRT8, but the RT??? Game on Punk.
Light turned green, and with flashbacks of Bob and I getting caight racing I threw caution to the wind. I would like to say this was a challenge, but it wasn't even close, we get to the next light, and he asks me what I had, I said, sorry man, I just put the stock tune back in for emission, so I'm running factory. He rolled on, feeling shame. :banana:

Try not to do everything in the same month...I made this mistake and every year in May I have license tags, insurance (car and home) drivers license, etc.:(

PonyUP
05-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Try not to do everything in the same month...I made this mistake and every year in May I have license tags, insurance (car and home) drivers license, etc.:(
Yeah, I feel that. I found out in Georgia, the license plates renew on your birthday and then it is charged absed on the value of your car. So they gave me a plate that expires in October and then I have to renew, which will be the same thing for my daily driver, so it will suck to have to renew both cars at the same time every year. The nice thing is my insurance is through my companies insurance carrier, so I don't pay a premium, they just take an amount out of every check, which is nice.

GAMike
05-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the ATL:D Ground zero for the louder they shout, the less they got:P

You will see all sorts of cars profiling with flashy rims, gaudy paint and sound systems from hell like they are fast cars down here. Don't be fooled into thinking thats the extent of it though. The crazy fast stuff down here comes in all shapes and sizes. I have seen people in cars with rusted out bodies, but motors from hell, light up late model muscle:burnout:But hey thats the fun of it all. Welcome to town:beer:
Remember:
Caffene & Octane is next Sunday 8am-11am Google Avenue's at East Cobb for directions. Or just meet me somewhere along 85 for the cruise over.

3rd Saturday of June (and every month unless advance notice given) Southern Marauder Breakfast @ Cracker Barrell off Delk Rd. & Rte 75(Southbound side) 8am........ Can meet and cruise with me to that as well.

Have fun in the ATL:lol:

PonyUP
05-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the ATL:D Ground zero for the louder they shout, the less they got:P

You will see all sorts of cars profiling with flashy rims, gaudy paint and sound systems from hell like they are fast cars down here. Don't be fooled into thinking thats the extent of it though. The crazy fast stuff down here comes in all shapes and sizes. I have seen people in cars with rusted out bodies, but motors from hell, light up late model muscle:burnout:But hey thats the fun of it all. Welcome to town:beer:
Remember:
Caffene & Octane is next Sunday 8am-11am Google Avenue's at East Cobb for directions. Or just meet me somewhere along 85 for the cruise over.

3rd Saturday of June (and every month unless advance notice given) Southern Marauder Breakfast @ Cracker Barrell off Delk Rd. & Rte 75(Southbound side) 8am........ Can meet and cruise with me to that as well.

Have fun in the ATL:lol:

I'll be there this Sunday, looking forward to it

justbob
05-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Nice story! How did she feel with the stock tune? HAHA I'm sure its all good but make sure you don't hear any detonating on the other tune, you are at different sea level now, and likely hotter weather. Have fun Man!

PonyUP
05-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Nice story! How did she feel with the stock tune? HAHA I'm sure its all good but make sure you don't hear any detonating on the other tune, you are at different sea level now, and likely hotter weather. Have fun Man!

The Stock tune made me want to puke :puke:

It felt so good to get the custom back in it. I took her out today to get her washed and while cruising around for a place, I had a u-turn on a 55 mph rd, opened it up in the turn, got the tires spinning and hauled the mail down the road, it felt SOOOOOO good. No detonation, everything felt right, but I'll keep an eye on it, thanks Bob